Power in the game

For sooper seekrit League of Legends, <s>UO</s> <s>EVE</s> talk <s>and Diplomacy</s>.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

It would seem so far that over time, "power" tends to take nearly geometric effort to progress. (Power being person's capabilities, skills, ships, etc). Since skills training takes so much more time later for the same marginal benefit, and marginal more useful items cost TONS more, it would seem that there is a leveling effect after a certain point in time.

I guess this keeps people who have been there a while from simply dominating due to amount of time there. But also means that time/etc invested into the game have rapidly decreasing rates of return.

Just an observation, no real point.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Every MMOG got some shit like that. It's to be expected.
Diogenes of Sinope: "It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours."
Arnold Judas Rimmer, BSC, SSC: "Better dead than smeg."
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

The last one I played in (18 years ago) didn't. If you were late, you were just screwed.

But it did have 30 day resets, to each "game" only lasted a month.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

The last one I played in (18 years ago) didn't. If you were late, you were just screwed.

But it did have 30 day resets, to each "game" only lasted a month.
Paradigm shift, mofo.
Diogenes of Sinope: "It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours."
Arnold Judas Rimmer, BSC, SSC: "Better dead than smeg."
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Well UO had "max" levels one could reach quite easily if they knew what they were doing, but brains and human skills still would win the day.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”