Amazon

Leisher
Site Admin

Amazon

Post by Leisher »

GORDON wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 2:15 pm Not until women decide they need a paycheck!
No lies detected.

Consent being revoked after the fact is one of the stupider things we've done as a society, and that's saying something.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Amazon

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 2:35 pm
GORDON wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 2:15 pm Not until women decide they need a paycheck!
No lies detected.

Consent being revoked after the fact is one of the stupider things we've done as a society, and that's saying something.
I don't think that stands up in court.
It's not me, it's someone else.
GORDON
Site Admin

Amazon

Post by GORDON »

Doesn't stop you from getting fired at the first accusation.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Leisher
Site Admin

Amazon

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:26 pm
Leisher wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 2:35 pm
No lies detected.

Criminal or civil?
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Amazon

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 4:39 pm
TheCatt wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:26 pm
Leisher wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 2:35 pm No lies detected.

Criminal or civil?
Honestly, either. You cannot legally "change your mind" ex post facto.
Leisher
Site Admin

Amazon

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 4:45 pm
Leisher wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 4:39 pm
TheCatt wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:26 pm I don't think that stands up in court.
Criminal or civil?
Honestly, either. You cannot legally "change your mind" ex post facto.
It makes me happy that legally you can't.

It makes me sad that people, mainly on college campuses, push the idea that you can.
Leisher
Site Admin

Amazon

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2023 4:25 pm
Leisher wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2023 4:09 pm Bezos is moving from Washington to Florida.

Claims it's due to family reasons. I'm sure it has NOTHING to do with how much nicer Florida will treat his fortune.
Yeah, that new capital gains tax for Washington is pretty high. (7%, iirc)
It worked. Surpasses Musk as the richest man.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Amazon

Post by TheCatt »

After Bill Gates became friends with Warren Buffett, he began to diversify his portfolio and sold Microsoft shares. Bill Gates' fortune today is 138 billion dollars, if he hadn't diversified it would be 1.33 trillion dollars.
Leisher
Site Admin

Amazon

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 10:25 am
After Bill Gates became friends with Warren Buffett, he began to diversify his portfolio and sold Microsoft shares. Bill Gates' fortune today is 138 billion dollars, if he hadn't diversified it would be 1.33 trillion dollars.
Holy shit. I missed that, but it's absolutely hilarious. Fuck Bill Gates.
Cakedaddy

Amazon

Post by Cakedaddy »

Leisher wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 10:37 amFuck Bill Gates.
He's still worth 138 billion. Is he really being fucked?
TheCatt
Site Admin

Amazon

Post by TheCatt »

Cakedaddy wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 2:18 pm
Leisher wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 10:37 amFuck Bill Gates.
He's still worth 138 billion. Is he really being fucked?
For $138Bn I might fuck him.
Cakedaddy

Amazon

Post by Cakedaddy »

For 138Bn, I'd let you fuck me. But only once. Don't fall in love.
Leisher
Site Admin

Amazon

Post by Leisher »

Cakedaddy wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 2:29 pm For 138Bn, I'd let you fuck me. But only once. Don't fall in love.
Called it! :D
TheCatt
Site Admin

Amazon

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 2:31 pm
Cakedaddy wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 2:29 pm For 138Bn, I'd let you fuck me. But only once. Don't fall in love.
Called it! :D
Yeah, that's just super gay.
Cakedaddy

Amazon

Post by Cakedaddy »

I'm just secure enough in my manhood that I can let a dude rail me for 138Bn. Homophobes.
Leisher
Site Admin

Amazon

Post by Leisher »

Money can't buy taste...
TheCatt
Site Admin

Amazon

Post by TheCatt »

She's disgusting.
Leisher
Site Admin

Amazon

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 6:57 pm She's disgusting.
No lies detected.
GORDON
Site Admin

Amazon

Post by GORDON »

Ordered tractor parts for my mower, to be delivered in 3 days. I want to use my tractor, I wanted those parts asap.

7 days later, stuck in "delayed delivery" for 4 days. I did the automated process that it was late, and wanted a replacement.

They said "Bet, we'll send you a new one. But if the first one gets delivered, you need to send it back or we'll charge you for both. And, if it isn't returned by April 21, we're charging you for both."

SO what is is? IF it shows up, and they told me they'll be charging me for not returning it?
GORDON
Site Admin

Amazon

Post by GORDON »

GORDON wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 11:10 am I've been a Prime member forever. Use the "free" shipping frequently, and use the video service not infrequently.

The other day when launching the app I get the message "Nice streaming service you got there. Be a shame if you don't start paying $3 extra per month and get commercials."

Well I didn't upgrade, and just now started watching the TV show Northern Exposure, and there were 5 15-30 second commercials spread throughout, all for the movie "Lisa Frankenstein." I am now very aware that there's a movie coming out called Lisa Frankenstein.

Anyway, I just cancelled my annually renewing Prime membership. Expires in May. We'll see if they come at me with a better offer before renewal time.
They're being class-action sued over this. "This wasn't the contract when I paid a year in advance."