2020 General Election Thread

For stuff that is general.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote:
Let's see if the left side of the political spectrum is as worried about this as they were about the attempts to disrupt Hillary's campaign.
Well, then Trump should also just release his campaign's emails since he thought Russia was justified in hacking them...
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote:
Leisher wrote:
Let's see if the left side of the political spectrum is as worried about this as they were about the attempts to disrupt Hillary's campaign.
Well, then Trump should also just release his campaign's emails since he thought Russia was justified in hacking them...
And Hillary should release the emails she had on her private server...
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Vince

Post by Vince »

Leisher wrote: And Hillary should release the emails she had on her private server...
This... this is why everyone was so curious as to what she was emailing since she seemed to not want them archived in order to comply with federal law.
"... and then I was forced to walk the Trail of Tears." - Elizabeth Warren
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

No one is above the law. Except Hillary and illegal immigrants in sanctuary cities. But aside from them, no one. Possibly Democrats.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

CNN headline piece calling attention to Bernie's heart attack.

Who is the Dem candidate?

Bernie is too old and left. Biden is a potential molester and the left wing MSM seems to dislike him. Are they really running with Warren? Another minority candidate... :D
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Who is the Dem candidate?
Warren looks to be last person standing.
Vince

Post by Vince »

TheCatt wrote:
I suspect her at this point. Her tendencies to fib are proving her politician bona fides.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Vince wrote:
TheCatt wrote:
I suspect her at this point. Her tendencies to fib are proving her politician bona fides.
She + Donnie are a great match.
Vince

Post by Vince »

TheCatt wrote: She + Donnie are a great match.
Pffft... she's about 8 shades of crazy behind Trump. But she has a whole year to catch up. At this point she doesn't appear to have any Ukrainian ties, so she's good on that front.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Vince wrote:
TheCatt wrote: She + Donnie are a great match.
Pffft... she's about 8 shades of crazy behind Trump. But she has a whole year to catch up. At this point she doesn't appear to have any Ukrainian ties, so she's good on that front.
Look at you defending her... :) Well, yes. I wouldn't say they are the same, but they are both below my threshold of where candidates should be.
Vince

Post by Vince »

I think people assume because the Democrats scare the shit out of me right now that I'm a fan of Trump. I really can't stand Trump most of the time. But right now the crap the Democrat party is standing for is scaring the hell out of me. The last three years have shown that Trump is not super effective at getting the policies he wants (some, like the border security, I wish he was able to do). Given the choice between four more years of Trump being ineffective or the possibility that anyone in the Democrat field I'm seeing being effective... I'm going for 4 more years of an ineffective Trump.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

I understand where you're coming from Vince.

The Dems entire platform has been to wrap themselves in social issues, make everyone opposing them a "Nazi", and steadily take away people's rights in the name of safety, equality, etc.

They are easily the greater of two evils. And make no mistake, the other assholes are evil too.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Vince wrote: But right now the crap the Democrat party is standing for is scaring the hell out of me.
I do wince at reading many of their proposals
Vince wrote: I'm going for 4 more years of an ineffective Trump.
I want gridlock, and without Trump. So if a D wins the Pres, I want one chamber to remain R.
Vince

Post by Vince »

TheCatt wrote:I want gridlock, and without Trump. So if a D wins the Pres, I want one chamber to remain R.
If I was as sure of gridlock without Trump, I'd be okay with that. But even with a split chamber, I've learned a long time ago that the only group of people the Republicans hate more than Democrats are conservatives.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Vince wrote:
TheCatt wrote:
She stands by her story
"

Minutes from several Riverdale Board of Education meetings, reviewed by NBC News, show that Warren was approved to be back at Riverdale Elementary School part-time — until she wasn’t. The documents, from April 21, 1971, show Warren was issued a two-day-a-week speech contract for her second year of teaching — a similar job to what she’d been doing the previous year. Warren would have been at that time around four months pregnant, and she told CBS News in an interview Monday night that she hadn't told anyone she was pregnant yet.

Two months later, minutes from a board meeting on June 16, 1971, say Warren's resignation was "accepted with regret." At that point, Warren would have been about six months pregnant — and likely showing. Her daughter was born Sept. 2, 1971.

"I was pregnant, but nobody knew it. And then a couple of months later when I was six months pregnant and it was pretty obvious, the principal called me in, wished me luck, and said he was going to hire someone else for the job," Warren said.

Two former Riverdale teachers told CBS News that, while they do not recall Warren's specific situation, it would have been standard practice at the time.

"The rule was at five months you had to leave when you were pregnant. Now, if you didn’t tell anybody you were pregnant, and they didn’t know, you could fudge it and try to stay on a little bit longer," one of them, Trudy Randall, told the outlet. "But they kind of wanted you out if you were pregnant."

Congress did not pass the Pregnancy Discrimination Act until 1978, and it was historically not uncommon for women to experience job discrimination for being pregnant. And as a New York Times investigation from earlier this year reported, pregnancy discrimination remains systemic to this day.
Her story here sounds reasonable.
Vince

Post by Vince »

TheCatt wrote: Her story here sounds reasonable.
I agree. Unfortunately, there's a video from a townhall she did back in 2008 where she gave a different reason for leaving.
In the 2008 clip, Warren says she 'didn't have the education courses' that were required to continue in the classroom, so she had to return to college
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

I'm sure glad I'm not running for president these days.
Vince

Post by Vince »

Vince wrote: I'd bet he's out for the race.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

He should pack it in.
Vince

Post by Vince »

I think it'll cement Warren as the front runner.