The Democratic Party

For stuff that is general.
Leisher
Site Admin

The Democratic Party

Post by Leisher »

I'm not a fan of this at all.

The intent sounds just, but we're really saying teachers working for the state are the ones to be trusted? Aren't teachers on the front lines of CRT, LGBQT+ activism, and basically all other woke trends?

We need to kill misinformation, but the state has proven to be the biggest misinformation pusher over the past decade or so.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
GORDON
Site Admin

The Democratic Party

Post by GORDON »

Pretty much every evil regime in reality and fiction establishes something called "The Ministry of Truth."

Seems harmless.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Leisher
Site Admin

The Democratic Party

Post by Leisher »

Federal court rules PA should count votes even if the date is missing or incorrect.

Yep, this will lead to fair and accurate elections. I'll bet no R wins a race there again.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

The Democratic Party

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2023 7:07 pm Federal court rules PA should count votes even if the date is missing or incorrect.

Yep, this will lead to fair and accurate elections. I'll bet no R wins a race there again.
I have to agree with the plaintiffs here.

Voting is fundamental and should be easy. The two envelope system with dating is dumb.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

The Democratic Party

Post by Leisher »

I strongly disagree because it allows for abuse. Rules are important. If you cannot follow the rules, you don't deserve to vote.
TheCatt
Site Admin

The Democratic Party

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2023 7:26 pm I strongly disagree because it allows for abuse. Rules are important. If you cannot follow the rules, you don't deserve to vote.
Sorry the rules ALREADY exist, they are the Civil Rights Act and Voting Rights Act. Can't make material restrictions to voting.
Leisher
Site Admin

The Democratic Party

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2023 7:48 pm
Leisher wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2023 7:26 pm I strongly disagree because it allows for abuse. Rules are important. If you cannot follow the rules, you don't deserve to vote.
Sorry the rules ALREADY exist, they are the Civil Rights Act and Voting Rights Act. Can't make material restrictions to voting.
There are no material restrictions to voting. There are just ways to make it easier to potentially let people vote who shouldn't vote like illegals, felons, dead people, Michigan fans, etc.

Not saying that's happening currently or previously, but there's been enough smoke from both sides of the aisle that it should be a concern to anyone. The R scandals that you have posted. The felon in CA who crashed the car and had thousands of blank ballots with him for whatever election that was and we never heard the follow up to why he had them. Maricopa county officials apparently admitting they had issues the last election. The Jersey (?) Ds whose election results have now been tossed by the courts due to tampering. The FBI absolutely directing social media sites what to allow and not to allow before an election. A presidential candidate being fed questions by a moderator before a debate. The whole Sanders thing.

How many millions of illegals were just allowed into the country by the current administration?

From the party that thinks it's the worst crime in history to ask people to show ID at the voting booth, but wanted you to have ID and a vaccine record to go to a restaurant?

C'mon, there's something in all that to find a little concerning, no?
Leisher
Site Admin

The Democratic Party

Post by Leisher »

Leisher
Site Admin

The Democratic Party

Post by Leisher »

Dick Durbin has had a heck of a great week working "for the people".

First, he blocked a subpoena request for the Epstein flight logs.

Today, he said illegals should be allowed to join the military. That didn't work too well for the Romans, Dick. Might not be wise to put the nation's security into the hands of people who don't care about the law and aren't vested.
Leisher
Site Admin

The Democratic Party

Post by Leisher »

Ds brought in Zelensky to try to get Rs to vote for the aid package.

Schumer keeps talking about this being a national security issue. Meanwhile, the majority of Americans think our own border is a far more critical national security issue and his party refuses to do anything about that. Well, besides ensuring every possible illegal can get in so we can go further in debt paying for their every need.
TheCatt
Site Admin

The Democratic Party

Post by TheCatt »

Do both.
GORDON
Site Admin

The Democratic Party

Post by GORDON »

I'd like to know what riders are added to the aid package, before I criticize anyone for voting against it.
Leisher
Site Admin

The Democratic Party

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 4:54 pmDo both.
Done. We are soooo much better at this than the people in DC.
GORDON wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 4:55 pm I'd like to know what riders are added to the aid package, before I criticize anyone for voting against it.
A fair question.
GORDON
Site Admin

The Democratic Party

Post by GORDON »

I wonder why lawmakers don't trash talk each other more, about things their colleagues add to spending bills. Seems like the kind of thing the American public would love to know about.
Leisher
Site Admin

The Democratic Party

Post by Leisher »

I think riders should be outlawed.

I realize it gets a lot done, but it gets abused far more.
Leisher
Site Admin

The Democratic Party

Post by Leisher »

X is all aflutter because two D men had sex in the Senate chamber, filmed it, and that video is now out there somewhere. I've only seen stills used in memes. They are apparently staffers, although no names have been released.

To be fair, if I worked in DC, I 100% would fuck a biological woman in the chamber. I just wouldn't be dumb enough to film it and release the film.
Leisher
Site Admin

The Democratic Party

Post by Leisher »

Fresh off of establishing a Ministry of Truth, Gov Hochul establishes a reparations commission.

"Please black people, keep voting for us!!!"

I expect this will result in some outrageous amount that gets scoffed at by the Ds, ala CA's reparations committee.
GORDON
Site Admin

The Democratic Party

Post by GORDON »

Welp, reparations were just granted to peeps abused by college loans, so this is another step closer to reality.

Did SanFran ever put their "$4 million for each black person living in the city" plan into effect?
TheCatt
Site Admin

The Democratic Party

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2023 11:03 am Did SanFran ever put their "$4 million for each black person living in the city" plan into effect?
No way that would ever see the light of day. It didn't even make it past some committee.
Leisher
Site Admin

The Democratic Party

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2023 11:20 am
GORDON wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2023 11:03 am Did SanFran ever put their "$4 million for each black person living in the city" plan into effect?
No way that would ever see the light of day. It didn't even make it past some committee.
I believe the committee presented their recommendation to the governor and he laughed it out of existence. I don't remember the numbers, but it was quite a large sum per person plus a house.