The Democratic Party

For stuff that is general.
TheCatt
Site Admin

The Democratic Party

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 10:59 pm we should demand every Congressperson and both front runners for POTUS to DQ themselves from running for office again.
I accept your terms.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

The Democratic Party

Post by Leisher »

One exception: Fetterman.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

The Democratic Party

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 8:13 am One exception: Fetterman.
Fine, I'll debate him.
Leisher
Site Admin

The Democratic Party

Post by Leisher »

NYC Mayor Eric Adams is getting massively ratioed to death posting this ill advised tweet a day after the governor announced that she was sending the National Guard to patrol NYC's subways to better ensure the safety of NYers.

Amazing how crime stats drop when you stop prosecuting people...unless they're straight white males, of course.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
GORDON
Site Admin

The Democratic Party

Post by GORDON »

I've argued before, I think official numbers are often lies when it serves someone's purpose.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Leisher
Site Admin

The Democratic Party

Post by Leisher »

GORDON wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 10:57 am I've argued before, I think official numbers are often lies when it serves someone's purpose.
What?! Ridiculous. Next thing you'll probably say Joe Biden didn't actually create more jobs than any other president in history. (A claim his X feed has made many, many, many times.)
GORDON
Site Admin

The Democratic Party

Post by GORDON »

Blanket asylum isn't just illegal immigrants!
Leisher
Site Admin

The Democratic Party

Post by Leisher »

People are saying The Purge is coming to Pittsburgh. People will be killed and there will be loads of property crime thanks to this new policy.

Where did Pittsburgh's money go? Why can't they afford to provide basic services?

It is truly bewildering that people can look at what's happening in our major American cities and think, "Yes, I want this for the whole country."
GORDON
Site Admin

The Democratic Party

Post by GORDON »

For decades now, 99% of police work has been taking reports after the crime has happened.

Uvalde has started the idea "it isn't our jobs to risk our lives for you."

ACAB, and the actions that led up to it, has made everyone distrustful of police, in general.

None of these are signs of good things to come.
Leisher
Site Admin

The Democratic Party

Post by Leisher »

GORDON
Site Admin

The Democratic Party

Post by GORDON »

Article is flawed. Few thought the system too harsh, but many didn't like outfitting civilian law enforcement like soldiers, taught to treat Americans like enemy combatants.

Many think the system should be mandating drug addiction treatment, even though by its own nature you can't force someone to kick an addiction short of draconian measures, which they won't do. So forced treatment is almost always literally guaranteed to fail, with the half measures they will use (just like the covid lockdowns). So that's a waste of time and money.
Leisher
Site Admin

The Democratic Party

Post by Leisher »

She should be censured for continuing to push this blatant lie, but it'll be excused because "politicians lie".
Trump v Biden 2. Politicians lying despite actual proof they're lying. Politicians taking bribes yet being allowed to stay in office. Politicians smoking crack with prostitutes and getting re-elected. Politicians becoming millionaires while in office at a job that barely pays 6 figures.

When did our bar drop so low?
Leisher
Site Admin

The Democratic Party

Post by Leisher »

(I don't know where else to put this...the governor's a D, so here it is. Do we have a taxes thread?)

Maine introducing a streaming tax (I think the MSM is calling it the "Netflix tax".

When is it going to be enough? When do people finally start pushing back?
GORDON
Site Admin

The Democratic Party

Post by GORDON »

They got away with the amazon tax with a bunch of people actually supporting it. So.... not enough, yet.
Leisher
Site Admin

The Democratic Party

Post by Leisher »

Bernie Sanders trying to push a 32 hour work week.

Again, interesting that this gets pushed in an election year.

"You'll work a day less, make the same money and benefits, and Mexico will pay for it!" I might have gotten my quotes mixed up there...

Listen, if Bernie can make it so I get paid the same, but work one day less a week, I'm down. However, I'm very, very skeptical. I know a lot of Europe is the model, but they have very different economies and cultures. Also, how their plans work for hourly and salaried people are different. Salaried folks basically get the same treatment there that they do here. It's about getting the job done no matter how long you work.
GORDON
Site Admin

The Democratic Party

Post by GORDON »

Can't work in the USA without taking measures the USA will not make.

Fine, 32 hours are mandated. Cool. "Hey new guy I'm hiring, your starting salary is gong to be 20% less than it would have been a year ago, because we can only work you 80% as much, legally."

So how does the government stop that? They won't. Their funding won't allow it, because that's who gets forced to treat employees better than the bare minimum, and they won't allow THAT.
TheCatt
Site Admin

The Democratic Party

Post by TheCatt »

There's definitely something here. People need time to get to doctor appointments, banks, car mechanics, "mental health days," etc. People are already working 32 hours a week, cept maybe in factories.
Leisher
Site Admin

The Democratic Party

Post by Leisher »

Like I said, I'm not willing to dismiss it outright. I've been a proponent of the 4 day work week, which is similar, but with 4 10 hour days.

I think the current push by workers for flexible hours and the ability to work at home has shown the need is there.

But how do you make corporate America embrace it and accept paying for it?
GORDON
Site Admin

The Democratic Party

Post by GORDON »

There are lots of people who have a job that entails all the duties of a hall monitor for adults. These people don't exactly become extinct in a WFH world, but it's a decent adjustment of duties. These people are the ones crying that WFH doesn't work.

And those fucking extroverts. Shudder.

And the people who cold call you trying to sell copier toner. If there's no office, then there's no copier, and they can't sell toner.

And the commercial real estate peeps. I don't know if Trump has any money if all his office buildings lose 75% of their value.

Office culture is a tit that feeds a lot of (unneeded) people.
Leisher
Site Admin

The Democratic Party

Post by Leisher »

I support this.