The Democratic Party

For stuff that is general.
User avatar
Vince
Posts: 8466
Joined: Thu May 20, 2004 10:00 pm
Location: In bed with your mom

The Democratic Party

Postby Vince » Sun Oct 27, 2019 8:00 pm

"... and then I was forced to walk the Trail of Tears." - Elizabeth Warren

User avatar
TheCatt
Site Admin
Posts: 36168
Joined: Thu May 20, 2004 11:15 pm
Location: Cary, NC

The Democratic Party

Postby TheCatt » Sun Oct 27, 2019 10:46 pm


Shame. World needs more bisexual female role models
It's not me, it's someone else.

User avatar
Troy
Posts: 5697
Joined: Mon Jun 07, 2004 8:00 am

The Democratic Party

Postby Troy » Tue Oct 29, 2019 9:41 pm

I bet it's tough to meet like-minded people you can trust, and also share your somewhat taboo sexual feelings with. Sucks - but if it is essentially her employee, yeah, that's a no-no.
Last edited by Troy on Wed Oct 30, 2019 8:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Vince
Posts: 8466
Joined: Thu May 20, 2004 10:00 pm
Location: In bed with your mom

The Democratic Party

Postby Vince » Wed Oct 30, 2019 8:02 am

Troy wrote:Source of the post Sucks - but if it is essentially her employee, yeah, that's a no-no.

That's my thought. The power dynamic doesn't change because you're a woman.
"... and then I was forced to walk the Trail of Tears." - Elizabeth Warren

User avatar
TheCatt
Site Admin
Posts: 36168
Joined: Thu May 20, 2004 11:15 pm
Location: Cary, NC

The Democratic Party

Postby TheCatt » Wed Oct 30, 2019 8:21 am

Troy wrote:Source of the post I bet it's tough to meet like-minded people you can trust, and also share you somewhat taboo sexual feelings with. Sucks - but if it is essentially her employee, yeah, that's a no-no.

I'm generally of the mindset that relationships, humanity, and people are more important than these types of restrictions. I understand why some companies/organizations have them, but overall, people should be free to live their lives.
It's not me, it's someone else.

User avatar
GORDON
Site Admin
Posts: 45850
Joined: Sun Jun 06, 2004 10:43 pm
Location: DTManistan
Contact:

The Democratic Party

Postby GORDON » Wed Oct 30, 2019 8:53 am

TheCatt wrote:Source of the post
Troy wrote:Source of the post I bet it's tough to meet like-minded people you can trust, and also share you somewhat taboo sexual feelings with. Sucks - but if it is essentially her employee, yeah, that's a no-no.

I'm generally of the mindset that relationships, humanity, and people are more important than these types of restrictions. I understand why some companies/organizations have them, but overall, people should be free to live their lives.


I agree.

But also never put anything in writing, or in a picture, that you want to be secret.
Fuuuuuuck YOU.

User avatar
Troy
Posts: 5697
Joined: Mon Jun 07, 2004 8:00 am

The Democratic Party

Postby Troy » Wed Oct 30, 2019 8:56 am

TheCatt wrote:Source of the post
Troy wrote:Source of the post I bet it's tough to meet like-minded people you can trust, and also share you somewhat taboo sexual feelings with. Sucks - but if it is essentially her employee, yeah, that's a no-no.

I'm generally of the mindset that relationships, humanity, and people are more important than these types of restrictions. I understand why some companies/organizations have them, but overall, people should be free to live their lives.


I think in a perfect world where everyone acted good to each other, this sounds great. Just like Socialism - on paper it seems possible and a step up from our current system if everyone was a good actor. But in reality people always screw those good ideals up and game the system for their own benefit. So it’s never going to happen. Damn humanity.

User avatar
Vince
Posts: 8466
Joined: Thu May 20, 2004 10:00 pm
Location: In bed with your mom

The Democratic Party

Postby Vince » Wed Oct 30, 2019 9:18 am

Troy wrote:I think in a perfect world where everyone acted good to each other, this sounds great. Just like Socialism - on paper it seems possible and a step up from our current system if everyone was a good actor. But in reality people always screw those good ideals up and game the system for their own benefit. So it’s never going to happen. Damn humanity.

This. Also, someone made a really good point in a comment on this story. The workplace affair doesn't just impact the two having the affair. Do you think you're going to get the same consideration on your job review as the coworker that's blowing the boss when it comes to the limited resources of salaries for the coming year? How about the times you're having to cover for that person because they've taken yet another 2-3 hour lunch which has become fairly regular? Or they've taken another unscheduled day off?

It's a smart idea for businesses to nip this stuff with subordinates.
"... and then I was forced to walk the Trail of Tears." - Elizabeth Warren

User avatar
Leisher
Site Admin
Posts: 43636
Joined: Thu May 20, 2004 9:17 pm
Contact:

The Democratic Party

Postby Leisher » Fri Nov 08, 2019 2:50 pm

What's more important voting for a letter or not voting for a pedophile?

According to voters in Virginia, the letter.

2019, where serving time in jail for a sex scandal involving an underage girl isn't enough to derail your political career.
“I'm proud to introduce our new head coach, Mike Tomlin”
― Dan Snyder

User avatar
Vince
Posts: 8466
Joined: Thu May 20, 2004 10:00 pm
Location: In bed with your mom

The Democratic Party

Postby Vince » Fri Nov 08, 2019 2:59 pm

People that work in Washington DC do not live in Washington DC. I think VA has turned a corner, at least until the federal government runs out of money and starts to contract again. It will be a big government voting bloc for the foreseeable future.
"... and then I was forced to walk the Trail of Tears." - Elizabeth Warren

User avatar
TheCatt
Site Admin
Posts: 36168
Joined: Thu May 20, 2004 11:15 pm
Location: Cary, NC

The Democratic Party

Postby TheCatt » Fri Nov 08, 2019 3:01 pm

Leisher wrote:Source of the post What's more important voting for a letter or not voting for a pedophile?

According to voters in Virginia, the letter.

2019, where serving time in jail for a sex scandal involving an underage girl isn't enough to derail your political career.

17 years old isn't pedophilia. It's legal in NC. They ended up being married and have 3 kids together. Honestly, I am surprised he's still running, my favorite part was this, though
Morrissey resigned his seat in December 2014 but then ran in the special election to fill his own vacancy. He won that election in January 2015 while in jail, reclaiming his seat in the Virginia House of Delegates.


He was cited for contempt of court ten times, jailed or arrested five times and had his law license suspended twice.

Good gravy.
It's not me, it's someone else.

User avatar
Leisher
Site Admin
Posts: 43636
Joined: Thu May 20, 2004 9:17 pm
Contact:

The Democratic Party

Postby Leisher » Fri Nov 08, 2019 5:57 pm

TheCatt wrote:Source of the post 17 years old isn't pedophilia. It's legal in NC.


Not legal here pervert.

Why'd he do jail time if it was all legit?

And yeah, his legal career alone shows he never should have won office.
“I'm proud to introduce our new head coach, Mike Tomlin”
― Dan Snyder


Return to “General Stuff”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: GORDON and 4 guests