The [s]First[/s] Only Trump term...so far

For stuff that is general.
Leisher
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by Leisher »

What is the prime takeaway we're supposed to see there? I was reading the guy's breakdown and it was almost all opinion and political bias.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
GORDON
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by GORDON »

Whenever I see someone go off on Russian infiltrators, I always think of those crazy old Marines back in the 90s for whom "Russian spies" was a punchline.

And then I think these current people have undiagnosed paranoia, and probably need observation.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
TheCatt
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: What is the prime takeaway we're supposed to see there? I was reading the guy's breakdown and it was almost all opinion and political bias.
I dunno, I didn't read it :) I was hoping someone would give me a tldr.

The impression I got was "NRA knowingly allowed Russia to heavily influence it's organization"
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: The impression I got was "NRA knowingly allowed Russia to heavily influence it's organization"
It's essentially just a far left person going off on Trump and the NRA, including name calling and unfounded accusations, while regurgitating bullet points that have been proven to be complete bullshit.

Far left and far right people are zealots and terrible sources of news and/or opinion.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote:
TheCatt wrote: The impression I got was "NRA knowingly allowed Russia to heavily influence it's organization"
It's essentially just a far left person going off on Trump and the NRA, including name calling and unfounded accusations, while regurgitating bullet points that have been proven to be complete bullshit.

Far left and far right people are zealots and terrible sources of news and/or opinion.
Here's an NPR report on the Senate report on the NRA.

This report goes into a bunch of details, gets the Republican response, etc. It certainly sounds like more than nothing, but not exactly "The NRA was an agent of Russia," although they did some really dumb things.
Vince

The First Trump term.

Post by Vince »

NRA's been in a civil war within the ranks of late. Not super happy about the organization spending money abroad. They are a charter to protect the rights of US citizens. Stop it.
"... and then I was forced to walk the Trail of Tears." - Elizabeth Warren
Vince

The First Trump term.

Post by Vince »

I think this is perfect.
Leisher
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: This report goes into a bunch of details, gets the Republican response, etc. It certainly sounds like more than nothing, but not exactly "The NRA was an agent of Russia," although they did some really dumb things.
It no way, shape, or form do I believe them to be innocent of doing stupid and unethical shit. I'm just saying the other side's lies and hyperbole about their "evil" is also bullshit.
Vince wrote: I think this is perfect.
Ditto.
TheCatt
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by TheCatt »

In a video message Saturday, the president told his supporters that Democrats were trying remove him from office to take away their guns and their health care.

“It’s all very simple -- they’re trying to stop me, because I’m fighting for you,” Trump said.
Yes, your terrible, bankrupt forming, expensive healthcare.

At this point I think most Americans want it taken.

Also, Trump only fights for Trump
GORDON
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by GORDON »

My honest is opinion is that they ALL put party over everything else.
TheCatt
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: My honest is opinion is that they ALL put party over everything else.
I feel that way about the Senators + Congresspeople... but not Trump.
GORDON
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by GORDON »

Is that why he's universally (more or less) hated?
TheCatt
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by TheCatt »

I could be wrong, but based on every evangelical Christian I know and have talked to: Abortion actually matters to them, and you don't matter all, Trumpy.
Leisher
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by Leisher »

I really wish a third party could get in there. If only to shake things up a bit.
GORDON
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by GORDON »

Leisher wrote: I really wish a third party could get in there. If only to shake things up a bit.
Tea Party had a good shot. Got torpedoed by both sides, and the media. 3rd parties don't have a chance.
Vince

The First Trump term.

Post by Vince »

GORDON wrote:Tea Party had a good shot. Got torpedoed by both sides, and the media. 3rd parties don't have a chance.
I would say a third party does have a shot, but once one comes to prominence... look out. The last time it happened we were in a civil war within 15 years.
GORDON
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by GORDON »

I vote my dollar that it'll never happen. The parties are too well entrenched, bought and paid for, and the media is completely on board with making sure their teams don't get knocked out of the game. No one will ever tell the truth to the voters, ever. 3rd parties won't happen without blood.
Leisher
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by Leisher »

GORDON wrote: I vote my dollar that it'll never happen. The parties are too well entrenched, bought and paid for, and the media is completely on board with making sure their teams don't get knocked out of the game. No one will ever tell the truth to the voters, ever. 3rd parties won't happen without blood.
This is, unfortunately, probably more along the lines of the truth.
TheCatt
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by TheCatt »

And there's always the boardwalk problem. Ds and Rs squeeze out the I in a left-right world.
TheCatt
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by TheCatt »

I would like candidates to be required to divest financial interests and release tax returns, disclose financial conflicts of interest, etc, before running for President (or, maybe Congress, too), in the future.

I would also like to elect someone who doesn't throw temper tantrums.