The [s]First[/s] Only Trump term...so far

For stuff that is general.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Trump-Russia collusion is old shit.

Trump-China collusion is the new hotness.

So strange how media outlets go nuts focusing on Chinese people spending money in Trump's properties, but didn't see any red flags with Hunter's no show job in Ukraine and all of his business ties to China. Especially since he doesn't actually work or have a business aside from meth.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

More blue states trying to remove Trump from the ballot.

This has already been tried in Michigan, Minnesota, and California, but has been blocked by judges in those states.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Americans love being told who they can and can't vote for. Should be fine.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

We're doomed.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

A question at Trump's "presidential immunity" hearing has CNN all aflutter.
Judge Florence Pan, a President Joe Biden nominee, posed some striking hypothetical questions to Sauer, to flesh out the bounds of his immunity argument. His legal theory claims former presidents are shielded from prosecution for official actions if there isn’t an impeachment and conviction by Congress first.

“Could a president order SEAL Team Six to assassinate a political rival? That is an official act, an order to SEAL Team Six?” Pan asked.

“He would have to be, and would speedily be impeached and convicted before the criminal prosecution,” Sauer said.

“I asked you a yes or no question,” Pan said.

“If he were impeached and convicted first,” Sauer replied, later insisting that the “political process” of impeachment “would have to occur” before any prosecution could be initiated.
I'm sure the justices will rule against Trump, but I think his lawyer is right.

If I were him, I'd bring up Obama killing an American citizen intentionally with a drone strike. No arrest, Miranda Rights, or trial. Just death from above. Why did he do it? Because it was in the best interest of our country. The guy left to go join a terrorist cell and was a violent radical already. Obama, rightfully, has never faced charges for it.

Is that a good example of presidential immunity?

Of course, it should only apply to things done "in the line of duty".
Troy

Post by Troy »

So is Trump winning 51% in the Iowa Caucus a GOOD thing or a BAD thing for his future chances? I've seen arguments all directions online.
Last edited by Troy on Tue Jan 16, 2024 1:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Troy wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 1:30 pm So does Trump winning 51% in the Iowa Caucus a GOOD thing or a BAD thing for his future chances? I've seen arguments all directions online.
Well, it means he's going to get the nomination.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 1:52 pm
Troy wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 1:30 pm So does Trump winning 51% in the Iowa Caucus a GOOD thing or a BAD thing for his future chances? I've seen arguments all directions online.
Well, it means he's going to get the nomination.
Basically.

Only 14% of voters braved the cold to vote. Also, there was a strong push by Ds to get their peeps to cross the line to vote for Haley.

I just know it's going to take a miracle for us not to get Trump-Biden 2.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Jamie Dimon goes on CNBC and defends Trump and Trump supporters.

He doesn't support or advocate for Trump. This is more him telling Ds to stop pretending Trump wasn't right about some things. He's also saying they need to stop pretending that many Trump voters are just solely focused on his personality.

He's not wrong about the constant dismissing and shaming of Trump voters. You're only ensuring they show up to vote Trump. Starting off with "You're a fucking moron" isn't going to win over hearts and minds.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

"No matter how loud I scream into this person's face that they're an idiot, they just never seem to come around to my point of view."
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

GA election workers upset Giuliani filed Chapter 11.

Listen, I think Rudy is a massive sack of shit too, but you aren't fooling anyone. You just want easy money.

Side note: I am still utterly bewildered how Rudy went from savior of NY who polled so high that people thought he was a shoo-in for POTUS to this scumbag that people see as having less humanity and compassion than your average slumlord. I still cannot get over the sex stunt (I think the girl was underage?) pulled off on him by Borat that nobody ever talks about.

Oh shit, Trump's going to pardon him too isn't he?
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

MoveOn petition collects over 500K signatures to ban Trump from office.

I don't want Trump as president (or Biden), but this is a complete waste of everyone's time.

You know what works better than petitions? Voting.

You know what's more democratic than petitions? Voting.

You know what has more credibility than anonymous online petitions? Voting.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Wait I think I remember moveon.org petitions being mentioned int he constitution they may be on to something
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Judge Arthur Engoron hit Donald Trump with his biggest punishment to date Friday, in a ruling that fined the former president nearly $355 million for fraudulently inflating the values of his properties.

The dollar amount dwarfed the verdict against Trump issued last month in the defamation case brought by E. Jean Carroll — an $83 million judgment — hitting home just how much the New York attorney general’s civil fraud case threatens Trump’s business empire.

Engoron found Trump liable for fraud, conspiracy, issuing false financial statements, and falsifying business records, barring him from serving as director of a company in New York for three years.

While the judge pulled back from trying to dissolve the Trump Organization altogether, Engoron issued a blistering 93-page opinion that painted the former president as unremorseful and highly likely to commit fraud again.

"This Court finds that defendants are likely to continue their fraudulent ways unless the Court grants significant injunctive relief,” Engoron wrote.
https://www.cnn.com/politics/live-news/ ... index.html
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

If you look into E. Jean Carroll, she's batshit insane and there was some shady shit that went on with the judge in that trial. I think Trump kind of got railroaded.

However, on this one, I don't think the punishment is strong enough. If we want things better in this country, then the punishments for out of control greed, that involves laws getting broken, has to bankrupt people and get them raped in prison to send a real message.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

They got Sarah palin this way. Alaska wouldn't pay for personal lawsuits, so they kept suing her until she resigned as governor, to stop the lawsuits.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

I'm not even sure Trump did whatever in this latest trial, but I do know he's guilty of other shit. So fuck him.

Mike Tyson, who I always said was wrongfully accused of rape, insisted upon his innocence, but said he belonged in jail for other stuff he did in his life that he was never tried for.

Point being, Trump may be innocent of some shit, but we all know he did other shit.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

The nonstop trials in the election year are sure a nice, coincidental bonus for the dems.

Or, it could backfire, since it seems to just piss off his base.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

I laughed.