The [s]First[/s] Only Trump term...so far

For stuff that is general.
Troy

The First Trump term.

Post by Troy »

I hope Barron is doing ok after being exposed to that.
Vince

The First Trump term.

Post by Vince »

GORDON wrote: Now he's just trying to improve his polling numbers by making people who hate him have fatal hissy fits.
Agreed. After caving on DACA and the wall this is him starting the "Lock her up!" chant again trying to get the crowd going in his favor again. And there is a core 30-35% that it will work on.
"... and then I was forced to walk the Trail of Tears." - Elizabeth Warren
Leisher
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by Leisher »

Troy wrote: I hope Barron is doing ok after being exposed to that.
I laughed.

Also, take your ass to the game thread. Stuff there peeps want to know and apply to you.

In other news, the head of the department of the interior is an asshole.

We don't need to take from every inch of the planet. Spend the bribes you've already gotten wisely and you won't need more. Dickhead.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by Leisher »

Here's a non story about Melania.

Some school tried to use her image in ads that poked a bit of fun at her English.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by Leisher »

We'll never know if Trump's policies are good or not because he's such an unlikable asshole. I've never seen someone so insecure that he is hostile to any perceived slight, and is completely incapable of tact. (Well, I do know of one other person exactly like this...)

Anyway, here's Trump being himself on sports issues.

Trump on NFL protests.

I would have probably said I applaud the courage of the players protesting, but suggest that their method is invoking such anger that people aren't listening to their message. Thus, it ultimately is a failure. I'd point out how the thing the Cleveland players did with the military, cops, firefighters, and paramedics was far more powerful and universally praised. Then I'd point out how the MSM barely covered it and ask why.

But that's me. I guess condemning their message outright, saying to fire them, and boycott the product is a valid way to go if you want no positive results...

Withdraws invitation for Warriors.

I would have made a statement suggesting that they give the invite a shot. Set aside politics, which have no place in sports anyway, and even go so far to say if they're so against my policies, they can meet with Pence. Now they're the assholes if they don't accept. I've extended the olive branch and shown compromise.

But that's me. Ending a tradition that's existed for fucking ever just to defend your ego is one way to go, I guess.
GORDON
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by GORDON »

I liked the other day when some black lives matter people were protesting at one of his... Speeches or what ever... And they were brought on stage and allowed to speak their mind and everyone thought it was a great moment for unity. Remember how much air time that got on CNN?

I didn't mention it here because people just argue.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Leisher
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by Leisher »

GORDON wrote: I liked the other day when some black lives matter people were protesting at one of his... Speeches or what ever... And they were brought on stage and allowed to speak their mind and everyone thought it was a great moment for unity. Remember how much air time that got on CNN?

First I've heard of it. I'm not shocked. The MSM has proven they don't want to report anything positive about him.
GORDON
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by GORDON »

Looked it up to refresh my memory, It was a trump rally.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/ins ... -dc-rally/
Vince

The First Trump term.

Post by Vince »

GORDON wrote: I liked the other day when some black lives matter people were protesting at one of his... Speeches or what ever... And they were brought on stage and allowed to speak their mind and everyone thought it was a great moment for unity. Remember how much air time that got on CNN?

That one raised my eyebrows when I first heard about it. Thought it was a smart move.
TheCatt
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: I guess condemning their message outright, saying to fire them, and boycott the product is a valid way to go if you want no positive results...

Withdraws invitation for Warriors.
I guess UNC is next
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by Leisher »

I'd be pissed if I was a player on one of these teams. Even if you disagree with Trump on everything, he's still the president, it's still the White House, and it's still a once in a lifetime opportunity.

I guarantee you not every person on previous winning teams voted for Obama or W or Clinton or Bush Sr or Reagan and so on.

Hell, I guarantee you not every person in the military voted for the sitting president during their enlistment, and considering that person can order them to go die...
GORDON
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by GORDON »

"Respect the office, not the man.". Unless we just really really hate him.

The division of America continues on schedule.
TheCatt
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by TheCatt »

From the Trump way-back machine: 10.8.2013
President should not be telling the Washington Redskins to change their name-our country has far bigger problems! FOCUS on them,not nonsense
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by Leisher »

CNN apparently (I saw it on a phone alert, but didn't read it) has an analysis up today that pointed out Trump's team think his message did its purpose.

Their contention is that Trump went after the sports world to change the conversation from North Korea and other things to sports.

If that's true, we've all been manipulated, and you've got to respect that. You don't have to respect the motivation.
Vince

The First Trump term.

Post by Vince »

Trump is not a competent leader, but give him a straw man and he will half beat you to death with it every time. That's how he won the primary.
Leisher
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by Leisher »

My FB feed is almost exclusively NFL posts right now, and none of it is about the sport. Tons of people I know don't watch sports are posting shit about respecting the flag or why this kneeling doesn't offend them.
GORDON
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by GORDON »

Yeah... and have you noticed they aren't SHARING so much, as copy/pasting so that it looks like they are making their own impassioned plea?

Getting a little annoying.
Vince

The First Trump term.

Post by Vince »

I don't think Trump is that smart, but I do believe the left is that stupid. The kneeling is stupid. Trump does something more stupid by saying these people should be fired. His opponents go full retard by turning a disrespectful display to our flag and country into an anti-Trump display.
Leisher
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by Leisher »

Vince wrote: The kneeling is stupid. Trump does something more stupid by saying these people should be fired.
The United States in 2017...
Leisher
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by Leisher »

Also, as an FYI: Today is Media Day for the NBA and Trump has been the focus of every team/player.

I long for the days when sports were an escape.

Which happens first? Trump wins re-election or North Korea conquers the U.S.?