The [s]First[/s] Only Trump term...so far

For stuff that is general.
TheCatt
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: If nothing else, here's hoping this forces some dignity back into politics... HA! Can't believe I typed that all before the laugh.
hah!
It's not me, it's someone else.
TheCatt
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by TheCatt »

Trump administration still fighting to overhaul international postage.
The White House has been pushing to raise—or, in postal jargon, “self-declare”—the rate it charges other countries to deliver their packages. Peter Navarro, leading the White House delegation in Geneva, says that a higher barrier to entry would shift demand from cheap goods produced in and subsidized by China to higher-quality goods produced in the US.

“Donald Trump is taking action to address this disparity, which costs the USPS and American consumers millions of dollars each year,” Navarro wrote in the Financial Times this month.
This would almost certainly make cheap shipping from China more expensive (eBay, Amazon, etsy, etc). I support this, and hope the reform does get done.
TheCatt
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by Leisher »

Isn't that why he's being impeached?
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote:
He's being impeached for a number of things, the Biden-Ukraine thing I thought was the focus, not the conspiracy missing DNC server.
Vince

The First Trump term.

Post by Vince »

Yeah, the Biden Ukraine thing is the focus, but that's why it's falling apart. Vice (pffft) did the same thing that CNN did. They add elipses and removed about 350 words between Trump saying "It would be great" and any mention of Biden and his son's business. The press is horrible and the public at large has the memory of a goldfish.

It was only a week ago that the Democrats were clamoring over the upcoming impeachment of Kavanaugh. That was only a week ago. A year ago I was content to sit out voting in 2020. Now I feel like if the Democrats get power in their current state of insane, they will start rounding people up.
"... and then I was forced to walk the Trail of Tears." - Elizabeth Warren
Vince

The First Trump term.

Post by Vince »

Vince

The First Trump term.

Post by Vince »

A question occurred to me. Do you think the founding fathers would be more upset if a sitting US President threatened to withhold financial aid to a foreign country unless they helped him with an investigation, or that we're $22 trillion in debt and still giving billions to other countries?
GORDON
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by GORDON »

Depends on the party of the president.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Leisher
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote:
Leisher wrote:
He's being impeached for a number of things, the Biden-Ukraine thing I thought was the focus, not the conspiracy missing DNC server.
I was making a joke.

Bloomberg on Biden and his son's roles in Ukraine.

Weird how CNN's full front page coverage doesn't have even a single mention of this part of the story.

Best case scenario for Biden is that this Ukrainian company added his son, who was fully unqualified, to their board to try and influence Joe. Worst case is Joe used his influence to get his son on the board. $50K annually to a guy with zero board experience...

Trump isn't wrong about saying there should be an investigation, and that's supported by Obama who was also in favor of it back when Joe was dealing with the Ukraine.

As for the whistleblower hearings going on, two things stood out to me:
1. Trump never asked for their identity. I honestly would have believed he would demand it.
“I was not a direct witness to most of the events described,” the whistleblower wrote.
That's probably an important detail.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: “I was not a direct witness to most of the events described,” the whistleblower wrote.

That's probably an important detail.
Because of the coverup, Leisher.
TheCatt
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by TheCatt »

DNI has no knowledge of a potential abuse because he never bothered to look into it.
Leisher
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by Leisher »

I'm now seeing opinions that the Dems decided to push this because they believe it will eliminate Biden from the presidential race... I love conspiracy theory people. They are always "Johnny on the spot" to any and all events.
TheCatt wrote: Because of the coverup, Leisher.
I've honestly lost track of who's covering what up and this shit just started.
TheCatt wrote: DNI has no knowledge of a potential abuse because he never bothered to look into it.
Should he be looking into it without prompting? That's a serious question. Does he review all information put in there? If this is so ultra top secret, how does the whistleblower know about it, particularly since he/she has already admitted most of this is second hand information?

The whole controversy here is about Trump potentially using a foreign power to get information to use in an election, right?

1. If Trump was simply getting info about Biden's potential corruption in the Ukraine (and based on his kid's cushy free money, that seems very likely), isn't that something we'd want to know about? (Which absolutely should be his defense unless he's a complete...you know what...I don't need to finish this sentence.)
2. When it was proven that Bill Clinton received millions from China in campaign donations, which all by itself was illegal, wouldn't that be considered a foreign power interfering in U.S. elections?
3. When it was proven that Hillary Clinton worked with the DNC chair to rig the Democratic primaries, and thus, making her the nominee over old man Sanders, wouldn't that be considered interfering with a U.S. election?
4. When it was proven that Hillary Clinton and her campaign had planned out questions with one of the debate moderators, without the knowledge of her opponent and his campaign, wouldn't that be considered interfering with a U.S. election?

I don't get where the line is, that once crossed, equals impeachment?

And yes, I'm aware Hillary wasn't president, and thus, couldn't be impeached. And maybe she didn't even break laws, which I doubt as she was influencing an election. She (and everyone else involved) still, at the very least, should be banned from U.S. politics for life.
Leisher
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by Leisher »

This made me laugh:
GORDON
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by GORDON »

I demand the release of the Piss Tape, which we all know totally exists.
Vince

The First Trump term.

Post by Vince »

TheCatt wrote: DNI has no knowledge of a potential abuse because he never bothered to look into it.
This is about the stupidest allegation so far (and that's saying a lot in this circus). If the President, who gets to declassify whatever he wants, doesn't get a say on what gets to go on the more secured server... then why give the President access to it at all? I demand to know if any previous President ever made a determination on what went on that server and what didn't.

This is beyond stupid.

I'm starting to suspect that Trump's about to ass end his way into ass end his way into some Democrat corruption and they're trying to get testimony sealed until after 2020.
TheCatt
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by TheCatt »

Could you imagine if trump actually moved the files from govt servers to a private server?

That would be Hillaryous.
Leisher
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Could you imagine if trump actually moved the files from govt servers to a private server?

That would be Hillaryous.
I audibly chuckled. I would have paid real money to see that.
GORDON
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by GORDON »

Well, it turns out that's not punishable. So why not?
TheCatt
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by TheCatt »