X (fka Twitter)

Leisher
Site Admin

Twitter

Post by Leisher »

“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
GORDON
Site Admin

Twitter

Post by GORDON »

That sentiment will get you downvoted heavily when you mock them on reddit.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Leisher
Site Admin

Twitter

Post by Leisher »

Ron Perlman announced he was leaving back when Elon took over.

He announced he was leaving yet again when Threads took off.

Neither time saw him delete his Twitter account.

Now people are hawking his account waiting for his inevitable next post where they're going to roast the shit out of him.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Twitter

Post by TheCatt »

It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

Twitter

Post by Leisher »

Movement to get blue voters to go silent on Twitter/X August 1st for 24 hours. I don't know why. There's claims of "random blue accounts being banned for no reason", which sounds like horseshit and there are no receipts being provided. Do they understand Elon isn't the person doing the moderating? His new CEO there is pretty far left. Also, for people who supposedly care about others, they sure didn't give a fuck when opposing viewpoints to their own were being silenced. But, that's to be expected from cultists..."blue voters"...if you only vote one way, you're in a cult.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Twitter

Post by TheCatt »

Babylon Bee dude changes his tune on "misinformation."

Though, I'm on his side here, and that person doesn't appear to be "wrong" but rather libelous.
Leisher
Site Admin

Twitter

Post by Leisher »

I am extremely confused by what I'm supposed to be seeing.

Being blocked by someone isn't the same as being suspended by the platform. I don't see the "gotcha" against Musk or Dillon?

Also, Musk is currently announcing that they're going to do away with blocks, which I do not think I support. Yes, it'll force people out of their bubbles, but it'll also allow harassment...unless they're putting something in place for that?
TheCatt
Site Admin

Twitter

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Fri Aug 18, 2023 4:52 pm . I don't see the "gotcha" against Musk or Dillon?
Dillon: Free speech is fine, even if misinformation

Also Dillon: How do I report this person saying things I don't like about me?
Leisher
Site Admin

Twitter

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Fri Aug 18, 2023 5:28 pm Also Dillon: How do I report this person saying things I don't like about me?
Ah, I missed that they were reporting him as the pedo.

Falsely reporting someone to the FBI as a pedophile is a "gotcha" about free speech? I wonder if it should actually be a crime? Filing a false police report is, and wouldn't this fit that?
GORDON
Site Admin

Twitter

Post by GORDON »

Swatting is already a crime. This is a moral equivalent.
Leisher
Site Admin

X (fka Twitter)

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt
Site Admin

X (fka Twitter)

Post by TheCatt »

If anyone calls me on that service, they die.
Leisher
Site Admin

X (fka Twitter)

Post by Leisher »

Well, I figured I'd never use it, but now I have someone to call.
TheCatt
Site Admin

X (fka Twitter)

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2023 9:43 pm Well, I figured I'd never use it, but now I have someone to call.
Lol. Was nice knowing you.
GORDON
Site Admin

X (fka Twitter)

Post by GORDON »

Am I the only person in the world who doesn't use a twitter account?
Leisher
Site Admin

X (fka Twitter)

Post by Leisher »

GORDON wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2023 9:25 am Am I the only person in the world who doesn't use a twitter account?
Don't be ridiculous. There are several tribes around the world without internet.
GORDON
Site Admin

X (fka Twitter)

Post by GORDON »

I guess I got the "I must share my dumb thoughts with the world" out of my system in the late 90s/early 2000s with dtman.com.

I wish I was still younger when I still knew everything.
Leisher
Site Admin

X (fka Twitter)

Post by Leisher »

GORDON wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2023 11:06 am I guess I got the "I must share my dumb thoughts with the world" out of my system in the late 90s/early 2000s with dtman.com.

I wish I was still younger when I still knew everything.
So why are you posting stuff on reddit all the time? :D

Twitter, for me, isn't about putting my feelings out there. I rarely comment because I don't see the point. However, I see news, opinions, and stuff to share. I use it far more than any other social media platform, and it's not close. (As long as this place doesn't qualify as social media.)
TheCatt
Site Admin

X (fka Twitter)

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2023 12:29 pm (As long as this place doesn't qualify as social media.)
Feels more like antisocial media.
GORDON
Site Admin

X (fka Twitter)

Post by GORDON »

Leisher wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2023 12:29 pm So why are you posting stuff on reddit all the time?
Either talking gardening, or pointing out obvious hypocrisy.