Gun Control catch all

Stuff we should click on.  Be sure to state Not Work Safe, if applicable.  KTHX.
GORDON
Site Admin

Gun Control catch all

Post by GORDON »

Probably because of the culture of hate that trump enabled.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Leisher
Site Admin

Gun Control catch all

Post by Leisher »

Two weeks should take care of that!

FYI, 22 dead.

“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

Gun Control catch all

Post by Leisher »

“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

Gun Control catch all

Post by Leisher »

Crowder somehow got the trans Nashville school shooter's "manifesto".

This is someone with severe mental issues who has also been indoctrinated. A white transman shooting up a school to kill "faggot crackers".
Leisher
Site Admin

Gun Control catch all

Post by Leisher »

"The slippery slope argument is meaningless."

Slate thinks we should start refusing to let cars go over certain speeds.

People who want to control, rule, push their morals on others, etc. will never stop.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Gun Control catch all

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 3:59 pm "The slippery slope argument is meaningless."

Slate thinks we should start refusing to let cars go over certain speeds.

People who want to control, rule, push their morals on others, etc. will never stop.
Me (reading the article): Well, there's someone I now hate.

Me (Checking who wrote it): Oh fuck, I know him. We were housemates in college.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

Gun Control catch all

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 4:05 pm e (Checking who wrote it): Oh fuck, I know him. We were housemates in college.
No shit? Did he hate personal freedom and responsibility then too?
TheCatt
Site Admin

Gun Control catch all

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 11:07 am
TheCatt wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 4:05 pm e (Checking who wrote it): Oh fuck, I know him. We were housemates in college.
No shit? Did he hate personal freedom and responsibility then too?
He was definitely a liberal then. But honestly, I don't remember anything quite like this. He wrote for the UNC newspaper. We had a bunch of good conversations. Although, he did say "Wow, I can't believe you're from North Carolina" at one point. He was from out of state, and getting into UNC out of state: Very Hard. Getting into UNC in-state: I mean, it was the flagship NC school, but not nearly as hard. So he was basically saying "Most people I've met from NC were dumb."

I beat him 30 straight times in Cribbage over one Summer. 30-0. He never won. I honestly didn't think that was possible.
Leisher
Site Admin

Gun Control catch all

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 11:52 am So he was basically saying "Most people I've met from NC were dumb."
An unearned and irrational sense of moral and intellectual superiority from someone writing for Slate?

The hell you say...
TheCatt
Site Admin

Gun Control catch all

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 11:58 am
TheCatt wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 11:52 am So he was basically saying "Most people I've met from NC were dumb."
An unearned and irrational sense of moral and intellectual superiority from someone writing for Slate?

The hell you say...
Lol. Yes, looking back... this was all predictable.
Leisher
Site Admin

Gun Control catch all

Post by Leisher »

UNLV shooting was done by an out of work professor.

Article has the standard CNN lies about how many school shootings there are. Remember, they count any shooting incident within a mile of a school.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Gun Control catch all

Post by TheCatt »

tldr: Dude shoot home invader, but his gun was illegal/unlicensed.
Leisher
Site Admin

Gun Control catch all

Post by Leisher »

If his gun was illegal, then he should face charges for that. However, he should be cleared of the shooting.
Leisher
Site Admin

Gun Control catch all

Post by Leisher »

Mass shooting at a university in Prague.

Impossible. I'm told such things only happen here.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Gun Control catch all

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2023 12:01 pm Mass shooting at a university in Prague.

Impossible. I'm told such things only happen here.
Plot twist: It was an American exchange student
Leisher
Site Admin

Gun Control catch all

Post by Leisher »

Bitch! You made me look. I would have laughed.

Nope, he was a local.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Gun Control catch all

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2023 2:20 pm Bitch! You made me look. I would have laughed.

Nope, he was a local.
:D
Leisher
Site Admin

Gun Control catch all

Post by Leisher »

There was a school shooting in Iowa today. 2 dead. One 6 year old and the 17 year old coward.

CNN claims it's the fourth mass shooting of the year. Proving, yet again, that their definition of "mass shooting" is politically motivated.
Leisher
Site Admin

Gun Control catch all

Post by Leisher »

Talk about your slippery slopes...

While I absolutely think they have some responsibility for being shitty parents...
In particular, prosecutors have accused the gunman’s parents of disregarding the risks when they bought a gun for their son four days before the shooting, even though he was struggling with his mental health and contemplating violence. They also say the parents did not mention the gun to school officials in a meeting to discuss Ethan’s disturbing drawings just hours before the fatal shooting.
I'm also very much of the belief that people act on their own accord. Yes, they gave him the means, but he ultimately made the choice.

I don't trust our society to not make this "a thing", but at the same time maybe if parents started being held financially and criminally liable for the actions of the monsters they raise, maybe people will try harder to be good parents?
Leisher
Site Admin

Gun Control catch all

Post by Leisher »