Wendy's

Recipes, restaurants, food you should try, food you should avoid, etc.
GORDON
Site Admin

Wendy's

Post by GORDON »

They shouldn't use the word dynamic, that suggests the price can go both up and down. "Dumb people" are not at fault for believing the words as they are used. If they meant "reduced pricing during slow times," that would have been much better PR out of the gate.

I personally believe they're still full of shit about that, but I'm less gullible and trusting than I used to be.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
TheCatt
Site Admin

Wendy's

Post by TheCatt »

OK, what word should they have used?
It's not me, it's someone else.
GORDON
Site Admin

Wendy's

Post by GORDON »

Don't know, don't care. "Dynamic pricing" means it can and will change. Change can be up and down. No one is dropping prices these days, people know what Wendy's meant. Unless Wendy's put a big DYNAMIC sign out front "Hey it's 2:30, everything 7% off right now!" then this was never about getting more people in at slow times. This was hitting them with an increase at rush hour that they may not have even been aware of.

No one is stupid for reading between the two gigantic lines, on this. Wendy's is backpedaling and lying about their intent.
Leisher
Site Admin

Wendy's

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 8:49 am a digital menu board makes sense because you don't have to redo the board every time prices change, or deals change
I have 0 issue with the digital menu board and I'm honestly shocked more places don't already have it. Locally, the only place I've seen with one is McDonalds.

My issue was with the piss poor explanation AFTER the story was exposed as not exactly accurate. If you're going to discount items to dump them in off hour times, doing so just on your drive thru's digital board is not going to get that done. Not unless they are MASSIVE discounts that will get word of mouth going. A quarter off a double isn't getting people talking or earning repeat business. It's certainly not worth $20M.

BTW, why are we not discussing how every MSM outlet was reporting this as fact? Should be a wake up call for that 58% of Ds who trust the MSM.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Wendy's

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 9:53 am I have 0 issue with the digital menu board and I'm honestly shocked more places don't already have it. Locally, the only place I've seen with one is McDonalds.
Same. The only issue I have is that the early ones sure broke a lot.
Leisher wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 9:53 am It's certainly not worth $20M.
Just updating the boards alone without physically doing it is worth more than $20M.
GORDON
Site Admin

Wendy's

Post by GORDON »

BTW, this indirectly relates to my "there are too many people, and growing" screed the other day. Too many people = companies will try to get away with crap like this. And Disney raises prices again. And Ticketmaster can dynamically price AND run their own scalping operation, at the same time.
Leisher
Site Admin

Wendy's

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 10:01 am Just updating the boards alone without physically doing it is worth more than $20M.
Probably true, but I was focusing my comment on the "discounts".

Business Insider disagrees with Catt.
On an earnings call, the company's CEO said it would begin experimenting with "features like dynamic pricing."
Dynamic pricing, commonly referred to as surge pricing, means that prices fluctuate based on demand — whether that demand goes up or down.
:D
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Wendy's

Post by TheCatt »

Remember when you read that CNN article about trad wives and figured it must be some terrible news journalist straight out of journalism school?

Because that's what I see when I read that shitty statement above. I know this field, she doesn't.
Leisher
Site Admin

Wendy's

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 2:38 pm Because that's what I see when I read that shitty statement above. I know this field, she doesn't.
Ha! To be fair to her, she's WAY more attractive than you.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Wendy's

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 3:42 pm
TheCatt wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 2:38 pm Because that's what I see when I read that shitty statement above. I know this field, she doesn't.
Ha! To be fair to her, she's WAY more attractive than you.
low bar.
Leisher
Site Admin

Wendy's

Post by Leisher »

I laughed. Also, that reporter I was talking about that you referenced was pretty cute herself.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Wendy's

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 4:37 pm I laughed. Also, that reporter I was talking about that you referenced was pretty cute herself.
I mean, women in their early or mid 20s being attractive? the hell you say! :P
Leisher
Site Admin

Wendy's

Post by Leisher »

Have you seen some of the younger people these days?
TheCatt
Site Admin

Wendy's

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 8:51 pm Have you seen some of the younger people these days?
I almost posted that caveat myself...
GORDON
Site Admin

Wendy's

Post by GORDON »

received_363159636622952.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Wendy's

Post by TheCatt »

The memes will never end.
Cakedaddy

Wendy's

Post by Cakedaddy »

Arby's used to do this with their mini sandwiches. Still might, not sure. Between the hours of 2 and 5 (or something like that), they were only $1. This is not a new concept.
Leisher
Site Admin

Wendy's

Post by Leisher »

Happy hour is different from surge pricing (Not saying that's what happening Catt! Don't hit me!).

In other words, announced pricing is different from random prices fluctuating based upon how busy a restaurant is at that moment.
GORDON
Site Admin

Wendy's

Post by GORDON »

TheCatt wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 11:51 am The memes will never end.
But that's interestingly accurate, if they proceed with the plan.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Wendy's

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 4:48 pmDon't hit me!
You like it.
GORDON wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 4:52 pm
TheCatt wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 11:51 am The memes will never end.
But that's interestingly accurate, if they proceed with the plan.
It's 1% accurate, at best.