Wendy's

Recipes, restaurants, food you should try, food you should avoid, etc.
Leisher
Site Admin

Wendy's

Post by Leisher »

Oh, that's what your FB post was about???

Please explain what has you upset.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
GORDON
Site Admin

Wendy's

Post by GORDON »

It's stupid and sounds stupid. Anyone who says it unironically is stupid.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Leisher
Site Admin

Wendy's

Post by Leisher »

Wendy's to test surge pricing.

Good luck with that you fucking scumbags.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Wendy's

Post by TheCatt »

So, an ideal form of this would be more like "2 for 1 deals from 2pm to 4pm" and not "150% of normal price" during dinner time.

But I struggle with the idea that the information would b conveyed in such a way that it would change a trip/purchase decision. Like I'm hungry, I decide where to go based on what I'm hungry for/whats near by/budget... not "oh waht's the price of fries right now?"
It's not me, it's someone else.
GORDON
Site Admin

Wendy's

Post by GORDON »

I use apps 90% of my fast food visits. I may notice it there, but there I'm purposely looking for the best deals.

I would not ever go to Wendy's during a surge pricing period. Always other options not looking to take advantage of the idea I want to eat at dinner time.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Wendy's

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 1:36 pm I use apps 90% of my fast food visits.
Ah. We use the chick-fil-a app, but no others.
GORDON
Site Admin

Wendy's

Post by GORDON »

To me, the optics of this look like "Hey we're going to try to get more money off you Ticketmaster-style, at a time when people think they're already being killed by inflation and ripped off by big corporations."

Not a good look for Wendy's.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Wendy's

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 12:55 pm Wendy's to test surge pricing.

Good luck with that you fucking scumbags.
Wendys says everyone misunderstood, and Catt was right all along
It posted a statement on its website Tuesday saying its dynamic-pricing plan has been misconstrued, and it wouldn’t raise prices at the busiest times.

Instead, Wendy’s pointed to better deals for customers. It said new digital menus could allow it to change menu items during the day and offer discounts, particularly at slower times.

On Wednesday, the company specifically disavowed surge pricing. “We didn’t use that phrase, nor do we plan to implement that practice,” Wendy’s said.
GORDON
Site Admin

Wendy's

Post by GORDON »

And if they were lying, we'd know how? Bad publicity when they sneak it in in 2025 is better than bad publicity between now and then, too.

Do you really think a company won't raise prices as high as they possibly can ?
TheCatt
Site Admin

Wendy's

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 6:01 pm And if they were lying, we'd know how? Bad publicity when they sneak it in in 2025 is better than bad publicity between now and then, too.

Do you really think a company won't raise prices as high as they possibly can ?
because it was an asterisk, a minor point in their presentation. And people went dumb on the Internet in the absence of information, because that's what they always do.

He told the absolute truth a out what was in the call
GORDON
Site Admin

Wendy's

Post by GORDON »

TheCatt wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 6:41 pm Do you really think a company won't raise prices as high as they possibly can ?
Their stockholders will probably sue them if they don't.
Leisher
Site Admin

Wendy's

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 5:59 pm endys says everyone misunderstood, and Catt was right all along
Skeptical, but I kept reading.
Instead, Wendy’s pointed to better deals for customers. It said new digital menus could allow it to change menu items during the day and offer discounts, particularly at slower times.
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha. Wendy's isn't spending $20M to gives consumers a break on prices.

You know who would be the only people to see those "discounts"? The people already in the drive-thru. You know, people there to buy stuff. They're not getting "just because" discounts.
GORDON
Site Admin

Wendy's

Post by GORDON »

Can you imagine? Heh.
GORDON
Site Admin

Wendy's

Post by GORDON »

1. They called it SURGE pricing, not "hey it's slow let's lower prices" pricing.

2. Ticketmaster isn't reducing prices in the shitty seats with their dynamic pricing.

Wendy's is absolutely lying about their intent. They either didn't expect the publicity, or the fact they touched a nerve.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Wendy's

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 9:22 pm 1. They called it SURGE pricing, not "hey it's slow let's lower prices" pricing.

2. Ticketmaster isn't reducing prices in the shitty seats with their dynamic pricing.

Wendy's is absolutely lying about their intent. They either didn't expect the publicity, or the fact they touched a nerve.
no, they NEVER did. An article TWO WEEKS after their dynamic pricing statement did. Get yo facts straight
Leisher
Site Admin

Wendy's

Post by Leisher »

Catt's right that they never called it that.

However, suggesting they're putting $20M into a test to give people discounts is unlikely.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Wendy's

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 10:35 pm Catt's right that they never called it that.

However, suggesting they're putting $20M into a test to give people discounts is unlikely.
Are they attempting to maximize revenue? Absolutely. Are they going to "surge price" their stuff? No. Are they trying to incentivize people to visit during slow hours? Yes. Buy food that they were about to dump due to shift change? Maybe.
GORDON
Site Admin

Wendy's

Post by GORDON »

Where did I see the word surge?
GORDON
Site Admin

Wendy's

Post by GORDON »

TheCatt
Site Admin

Wendy's

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 8:47 am Oh I saw it everywhere.

https://www.google.com/search?q=wendys+ ... e&ie=UTF-8
Yeah, NOT from the original source. You saw someone saying something dumb, and it got people riled up so people repeated it.

At the end of the day, a digital menu board makes sense because you don't have to redo the board every time prices change, or deals change, etc. It's $20M. Wendy's 2023 revenue was $2,180M. $20M is not nothing, but it's not much.