Today in racism

Stuff we should click on.  Be sure to state Not Work Safe, if applicable.  KTHX.
Leisher
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by Leisher »

Did you read the first comment?
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
GORDON
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by GORDON »

Rarely, if I can help it.

I saw this before you posted it, I don't recall comments.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Leisher
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by Leisher »

It was, "They should really notify the NAACP" or something to that effect.

Goes to your point that it was not considered racist not so long ago.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
GORDON
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by GORDON »

I just think it's shitty when a young person calls an old person racist for that word, when the old person is trying to be kind and polite in the way they were taught how.
Leisher
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by Leisher »

GORDON wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 1:52 pm I just think it's shitty when a young person calls an old person racist for that word, when the old person is trying to be kind and polite in the way they were taught how.
I also saw The Mule.
GORDON
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by GORDON »

I did not. I noticed this, and maybe wrote about it? About 20 years ago when my sweet ol' gramma couldn't kick the use of the word "colored." It was about this time assholes started calling people racist over it, early cancellation/snowflake prototypes, instead of taking an ounce of consideration to think about alternative reasons they might use that word. But, that requires the ability to think and reflect, and that's where I lose most people.
Leisher
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by Leisher »

There's a scene where Eastwood stops to help a black couple with their car. He mentions that they're a nice looking couple and somehow he says "colored". He noticed they're taken aback, realizes his mistake, and apologizes saying it's old language used by an old man or something. They never mention it again. It's a subtle moment in the film, but I thought it had a great message that actions speak louder than words and we shouldn't make assumptions just because someone's not up to date on what's acceptable.
GORDON
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by GORDON »

Heard an interesting line the other day:

"DEI isn't a demand problem, it's a supply problem."
Leisher
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by Leisher »

Anybody remember the new Scottish FM's speech ripping his country's whiteness? Well, he championed a new "hate speech" law and guess what happened?

Great self own.
Leisher
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by Leisher »

How diversity just for the sake of diversity can result in an overall negative in one graph:

Leisher
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by Leisher »

McKinsey & Co. are the group behind four studies that prove diversity is super important in business and grows profits.

A new study says "not so fast".