Today in racism

Stuff we should click on.  Be sure to state Not Work Safe, if applicable.  KTHX.
GORDON
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by GORDON »

Leisher wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 4:28 pm
Well I know some white people lost property at the end of the civil war so you know, stuff was lost and they need reparations.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
TheCatt
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by TheCatt »

Commentary on OSU's DEI hiring efforts.
Viewpoint discrimination aside, these assessments reveal an issue of basic priority. For a search in astrophysics, “the DEI statement was given equal weight to the research and teaching statements.” This would strike many as a poor metric for judging astrophysicists.
It's not me, it's someone else.
GORDON
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by GORDON »

Suddenly, the term, "Brown Dwarf" is problematic.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by TheCatt »

The legal system discriminates against rich white people according to rich white guy.
Indianapolis Colts owner Jim Irsay said his 2014 arrest for operating a vehicle while intoxicated was a result of police prejudice against him for being "a rich, white billionaire."

Irsay discussed the circumstances of his arrest as part of a wide-ranging interview with HBO Sports. The longtime Colts owner pleaded guilty in September 2014 to one misdemeanor count of operating a vehicle while intoxicated.

When asked why he pleaded guilty, Irsay responded: "Just to get it over with."

"I am prejudiced against because I'm a rich, white billionaire," Irsay said during the interview, which aired Tuesday night. "If I'm just the average guy down the block, they're not pulling me in, of course not."

Irsay was asked how he thought his assertion would be received.

"I don't care what it sounds like," Irsay said. "It's the truth. ... I could give a damn what people think how anything sounds or sounds like. The truth is the truth, and I know the truth."
A toxicology report showed Irsay had the painkillers oxycodone and hydrocodone as well as alprazolam, which is used to treat anxiety, in his system at the time of his arrest.
I'm no doctor, but I'm pretty sure you shouldn't be mixing oxycodone with hydrocodone.
Leisher
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by Leisher »

I saw that headline and laughing before reading a letter of it. Irsay is easily one of the most self absorbed human beings ever. He's proof you don't need brains to get rich, just a complete lack of ethics.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by Leisher »

"White supremacy is the greatest threat to this nation."

“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by Leisher »

"White supremacy is the greatest threat to this nation."

TheCatt
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by TheCatt »

The data has to be normalized for %age of population to be useful. 13.6% black, 75% white, gives us .18 ratio.

So, at worse, it's more like 7x, not 42x.
Leisher
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 10:02 am So, at worse, it's more like 7x, not 42x.
The message remains the same. White supremacy is out of control.
GORDON
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by GORDON »

Feels like another "Scott Adams was right" moment.
Leisher
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by Leisher »

If every person, no matter their skin color, gender, etc. felt this way, we'd be the actual "melting pot" that is the concept of this country.
Unfortunately, look at the data 5 posts above this one.
Leisher
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by Leisher »

This is a scene from the first fictional movie produced by the Obamas for Netflix.

No idea what the context is, so to be fair to them, this character could be a massive racist.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by GORDON »

"White" is the combination of all colors, hello.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2023 3:44 pm This is a scene from the first fictional movie produced by the Obamas for Netflix.

No idea what the context is, so to be fair to them, this character could be a massive racist.
I'd have to have context. A friend of mine watch this movie and didn't even comment on this piece. I didn't realize it was the same movie so didn't ask.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by Leisher »

That's so stupid I thought that was a parody account.

Nope.
Leisher
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by Leisher »

Mendenhall shows he's a racist POS and doesn't know dick about football or his own career. He's getting dragged for it too. Even 3 Year Letterman showed up.
It does make for an interesting conversation though. Who gets the mixed guys? How about the Islanders? Whitey would stack up well everywhere except corner.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2023 11:59 pm Whitey would stack up well everywhere except corner.
TJ Watt said the same.
GORDON
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by GORDON »

Maybe he meant it as a joke?