Today in racism

Stuff we should click on.  Be sure to state Not Work Safe, if applicable.  KTHX.
Leisher
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by Leisher »

GORDON wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2023 9:13 am Maybe he meant it as a joke?
From what I've heard he's been going off the deep end all year.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by TheCatt »

It's not me, it's someone else.
Cakedaddy

Today in racism

Post by Cakedaddy »

I think that cartoon also holds the secret on how to keep AI from taking over. It has a single eye, and two arms. But no legs. If they don't have legs, I think we'll have a shot a defeating them.
Leisher
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by Leisher »

lululemon distancing itself from founder's comments.

He's discussing "their whole diversity and inclusion thing".
“They’re trying to become like the Gap, everything to everybody,” Wilson told Forbes. “And I think the definition of a brand is that you’re not everything to everybody… You’ve got to be clear that you don’t want certain customers coming in.”
Show me where he's wrong.

Their clothing is insanely overpriced. It's also very tight fitting and mostly solid colors (no patterns). They don't appeal to everyone, and they shouldn't be trying to as it's a waste of money.

Diversity and inclusion are good things, but they do not fit EVERYWHERE. The more you try and hammer that square peg into round holes, the more people are going to pushback. Once that rubber band starts to snap back, it doesn't stop until it hits the other extreme...
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
GORDON
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by GORDON »

I don't understand. which demographic are they not interested in?
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Leisher
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by Leisher »

GORDON wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 6:21 pm I don't understand. which demographic are they not interested in?
He's saying they should NOT be trying for every demo. Their DEI initiatives ARE trying for every demo.
GORDON
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by GORDON »

Sounded like he was responding to something specific.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by Leisher »

GORDON
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by GORDON »

Neither name is ethnic enough, I don't know who is who.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2024 1:33 pm Neither name is ethnic enough, I don't know who is who.
White guy = jail; black guy = set free.
Leisher
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by Leisher »

This video is making the rounds today. Yep, racists are gonna racist and have their replies (which is why I'm putting it here), but there are also those folks trying to have a legit discussion about it. Is it the culture of the activities? Is it the socioeconomic factor of these activities?

I think it's culture specific to the activities. This isn't a "white people exclusive" thing. I don't ski, but I do golf. I have golfed with plenty of black people. I have golfed at an inner city course. The habit of leaving your clubs unattended is as prevalent there and with black golfers as it is at suburban courses and with white golfers.

So I would argue the guy who made this video is simply not used to these activities and makes the mistake in assuming it's a race or socioeconomic thing.
Cakedaddy

Today in racism

Post by Cakedaddy »

It's a . . . . I don't know how to describe it, thing. I see the same with off road vehicles at trailhead parking lots. People will leave small things, like ramps, gas cans (with gas), etc in trailers while riding. But they will also leave bikes, quads, side by sides in the trailers unattended. You rarely see hitch locks securing trailers, etc. Even though these things are high theft items (stolen from garages all the time), no one messes with stuff at the trailheads. At least, that's my assumption given how much stuff just sits around waiting to be taken. And this is a sport, while expensive, many of the participants are not what would be considered rich.
Leisher
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by Leisher »

Bowles spitting facts.
Leisher
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by Leisher »

Woke white liberal women...
Leisher
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by Leisher »

This is not how you unify people and end racism. This is how you divide people and promote racism.

Leisher
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by Leisher »

I mentioned elsewhere that Mark Cuban (Note for Gordon: He's the owner of the Dallas Mavericks, an NBA franchise...that's basketball.) was getting hammered by all comers for his ridiculous defense of DEI. The argument against him being that hiring someone based on their skin color first IS racism. He claimed that DEI was about bringing in ALL candidates, finding out who was right for the job, and THEN picking by race if needed, which was proven to be completely wrong based on every corporations' very public hiring searches where they are telling white and male candidates not to apply. During the back and forth, which went on for days, Mark, as someone points out, "moved the goalpost" every time he was given facts showing his stance was wrong.

One of the funniest moments was an Asian woman asking Mark why there were no women or Asians on his team. She asked how his team could ever possibly succeed without total diversity, which was one of his arguments. She then started a campaign to get signed to his team that blew up pretty well, which Mark refuses to respond to, and as stated below, has become a meme.

It culminated this morning in him attacking X, in the most cliché ways, saying he only sees right wing stuff and he was just trolling.

Anyway, someone made the cartoon below summarizing the whole thing:
GORDON
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by GORDON »

I've heard of the NBA. That's the WNBA except for dudes, right?
TheCatt
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 4:43 pm I've heard of the NBA. That's the WNBA except for dudes, right?
Technically, anyone can play in the NBA, but it's all dudes right now due to sexism.
GORDON
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by GORDON »

Someone explain to me why I found this repugnant.