Borderlands 3

Mostly PC, but console and mobile too
Leisher
Site Admin

Borderlands 3

Post by Leisher »

Pitchford quits games and moves to movies.

FYI, I can probably game tomorrow night.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Stranger

Borderlands 3

Post by Stranger »

Leisher wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 4:37 pm FYI, I can probably game tomorrow night.
Awesome! been looking forward to playing.
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
Stranger

Borderlands 3

Post by Stranger »

Anyone have a preference on which character you wanna play? I know Leisher had mentioned liking the melee style fighters and Amara is definitely the one to go with if he likes that style.

I'm ok with playing any of the classes so doesn't matter to me.
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
Leisher
Site Admin

Borderlands 3

Post by Leisher »

I'll spend more time with this at lunch today, but the first two that did catch my attention were the brawler and the person with the tank thing. I really enjoyed playing BL2 with the guy who had the turrets and that seems to be in the same wheelhouse.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Stranger

Borderlands 3

Post by Stranger »

Leisher wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 10:23 am but the first two that did catch my attention were the brawler and the person with the tank thing
So Amara and Moze. Amara is the only one to have a true melee or brawler build but each character has 3 different skill trees that can change up how they play quite a bit.
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
Stranger

Borderlands 3

Post by Stranger »

Wife and I are going to dinner tonight with a few friends, it won't be late at all. shouldn't be any problem starting sometime between 9-10.
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
Leisher
Site Admin

Borderlands 3

Post by Leisher »

I'll be on in that time frame.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Borderlands 3

Post by TheCatt »

I tried to play, uh, on my laptop, and it kinda sucked.
It's not me, it's someone else.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Borderlands 3

Post by TheCatt »

Anyone have a gaming laptop they recommend?

Also, a gaming mouse?
Leisher
Site Admin

Borderlands 3

Post by Leisher »

Not a laptop off the top of my head, but I have a gaming mouse in a box somewhere. Brand new. Let me see if I can dig it up.
Leisher
Site Admin

Borderlands 3

Post by Leisher »

As it turns out, I'm using that mouse I thought I had. It's this one. I got it for free at a conference or something. I like it.

PC Gamer says these are the best right now.

Best gaming laptops too.
Stranger

Borderlands 3

Post by Stranger »

i had to turn down the graphics to low to get it to run at 85fps.

I've really like my G502 mouse. Wore out one of the thumb buttons playing WoW tho, so i'm on my second one. That can be a plus or a minus..

WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
TheCatt
Site Admin

Borderlands 3

Post by TheCatt »

Will check those mice out. Part of the problem with my laptop is that it's native resolution is 4k, which makes everything slow. It was pretty though.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Borderlands 3

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 9:30 pm As it turns out, I'm using that mouse I thought I had. It's this one. I got it for free at a conference or something. I like it.

PC Gamer says these are the best right now.

Best gaming laptops too.
I'm using my work laptop, since it's my only laptop, and it's a couple years old. Has a GeForce 1650, which kinda sucks compared to the current 3060 (much less 3070/3080) for mobile. And the 4k screen sucks due to the extra pixels. I'm going to try it docked on a lower resolution screen and reduce the graphics. Or maybe I can get work to buy me a new laptop ;)

But man, a good gaming laptop is $2.2k to $3.0k.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Borderlands 3

Post by TheCatt »

Turned the graphics down to 1080p, lowered the details, and with the mouse (Death Adder v2) it's dramatically more playable.
Leisher
Site Admin

Borderlands 3

Post by Leisher »

There's got to be a metric fuckton of Easter Eggs in this game considering all the nooks and crannies.

We already noticed one clear insult, but we don't know who it was aimed at. It was something about people still playing a game that came out 7 years ago.

BL3 is also not super popular on Twitch, so despite the two unique viewers we had Friday night I think this will be a dud.
Stranger

Borderlands 3

Post by Stranger »

Cool event going on with B3 for the next week.

https://borderlands.com/en-US/news/2021 ... es-oct-14/

Getting a head skin doesn't really get me too excited but the Black Market Vending Machine.. cool!

A single Legendary item will spawn in each vending machine instead of an Item of the Day. This mini-event will end at 8:59 AM PT on October 21
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
Leisher
Site Admin

Borderlands 3

Post by Leisher »

I'm a go for tonight.
Stranger

Borderlands 3

Post by Stranger »

Leisher wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 9:40 am I'm a go for tonight.
Same here! Let the legendary loot be plentiful!
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
TheCatt
Site Admin

Borderlands 3

Post by TheCatt »

What level are yall, about? I might be able to join tonight.