Billy Idol

Audio Tawk
Malcolm

Billy Idol

Post by Malcolm »

Coming on July 10th. The shitty part is that July 9th is Peter Gabriel and Gordon Sumner in Chicago.
Diogenes of Sinope: "It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours."
Arnold Judas Rimmer, BSC, SSC: "Better dead than smeg."
GORDON
Site Admin

Re: Billy Idol

Post by GORDON »

I like Billy Idol.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

He's quite high on my list of artists I've not seen yet. July is going to be '80s month:

9 - Peter Gabriel and Sting in Chicago
10 - Billy Idol at my favourite venue, First Avenue
23 - Duran Duran at Xcel
Diogenes of Sinope: "It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours."
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Going on four hours sleep. Doors 7pm, show 8pm. Betting Billy's on stage somewhere towards 945. Sold out show. That's 1550, which is a nice paycheck when you take into account the t-shirts he's going to move from his merch booth.
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Betting Billy's on stage somewhere towards 945
Looks like I was wrong, but I somehow knew in advance I would be. Only one opener. I showed up around 9 with 10-15 minutes to spare. That's another name off the "need to see at least once" list. Felt like a fucking sauna in the joint. They could use some strategically placed ceiling fans. Only big hit he didn't play was "Rock the Cradle of Love." Played at least one song from most of his albums, even the much maligned "Cyberpunk."