NFL

Hey look a dedicated forum for sports stuff, sanctioned by the President of Sports.  Hail Shiva.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 12:16 pm Watt retires from the Steelers.
I never realized how much he looks like Joe Mixon.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 12:21 pm
Leisher wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 12:16 pm Watt retires from the Steelers.
I never realized how much he looks like Joe Mixon.
Fucking copy + paste. Fixed it.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Hah! You got me. I keep forgetting that one exists.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 12:33 pm Hah! You got me. I keep forgetting that one exists.
Ha!

Henry to the Ravens is interesting. I hope he avoids their curse of injured RBs.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

Steelers steal Queen from the Ravens.

Give credit where it's due... I like this move.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

Steelers send Dionte Johnson to the Panthers.

That's a "GFY". The Steelers were pretty unhappy with how Johnson was mentoring Pickens. Add that to all of his dropped passes, we get a starting CB back, a pick swap, and this was a great move.

The Texans feel like they're going to be legit.

I wonder what their odds will be to win the AFC next year. I might bet them.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

Eagles and Falcons accused of tampering.

Ready for the laugh? Cousins admitted it:
In Atlanta's case, Cousins said Wednesday: "There's great people here. And it's not just the football team. I mean, I'm looking at the support staff. Meeting -- calling, yesterday, calling our head athletic trainer, talking to our head of PR I'm thinking, we got good people here. And that's exciting to be a part of."

Cousins wasn't permitted to speak to anyone before 4 p.m. EDT on Wednesday.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

The tampering rules are a little silly in this situation. "You can only talk to my agent"
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

I think it will ultimately just cost them a draft pick, but I don't know how many or what round. Perhaps Minnesota will get an additional pick at the end of the 3rd round or something.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 4:48 pm Commanders trading Howell to Seahawks
After the commanders picked up Mariota, felt like we were committing to draft a QB.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

Vikings-Texans do a draft picks trade.

The article speculates that this could be indicating the Vikings are going to go after a QB.

Bears trade for Keenan Allen.

Since the market for Fields dried up thanks to a surplus of QBs, I think the smart play for Chicago is now to draft a QB and let him sit for a year behind Fields. With two #1 WRs Fields has his best chance to succeed. You're not a contender yet, so use this year to see if Fields is going to earn his next contract. During the year you can evaluate him and the rookie you took. After the season, you can trade one of them as the market will be wide open. For example: Pittsburgh, who was rumored to be interested in Fields will be done with Wilson and Pickett will probably be seeking an exit. If Fields plays well, he'd be attractive to them.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

Stranger

NFL

Post by Stranger »

Steelers trading Pickett to the Eagles. :shock:

Browns hire Vrable as a coaching and personnel consultant. 8)
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

The Steelers are the worst run NFL franchise. (Ok, maybe the Panthers are worse.)

Pickett was Tomlin's hand chosen guy to takeover from BB. I honestly appreciate the balls to move off a guy quickly, but are we sure he was a total bust? The Eagles don't seem to think so considering they traded four picks for him. He wasn't a world beater, but to be fair, most of his time was under Matt Canada and he had moxie with several 4th quarter comebacks.

I pray their intention is to now trade for Fields or grab a QB in this deep draft. How far is Bo Nix dropping?

Browns hiring Vrable is smart. It'll be a one year hire as I expect he'll be the top name next year for openings, but he's worth it. With any luck, he'll be in Pittsburgh next year.
Stranger

NFL

Post by Stranger »

It was smart, Pickett wasn't the answer. They made a bad pick and got away from it quickly. I can definitely see them making a play for Fields. He's got nowhere to go, and the Steelers have absolutely no commitment to Wilson. Drafting a QB has got to be on the table too, maybe even JJ McCarthy. I'm sure you'd love that one.

As far as Vrable, nobody saw this coming. But what the hell is a consultant?? So, is the two-time coach of the year possibly on the hot seat? Does this undermine him in anyway? I know him and Jim Shwartz have a good relationship, but this seems out of left field to me, but I'm good with it.
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

Stranger wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 4:07 pm maybe even JJ McCarthy. I'm sure you'd love that one.
Honestly, I might denounce them. I'm fine with TCUN players. Larry Foote was awesome. However, bringing in an overhyped tool who has openly admitted they were cheating is something I don't know I could get past.
Stranger wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 4:07 pm But what the hell is a consultant??
It just means he's going to get paid to help out if needed. He'll probably spend Sundays in the box and advising on anything he sees.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

What's better than 1 great QB? 2 OK ones.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

I'm back in!