NFL

Hey look a dedicated forum for sports stuff, sanctioned by the President of Sports.  Hail Shiva.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 2:21 pm Ertz to the Commanders
Poor Ertz.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

Dead arm Wilson talking to the Steelers.

Hire an OC with a specific style then go out and sign a QB who doesn't fit that style.

It's the Mike Tomlin way.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

Bravo.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 6:52 pm Mayfield got paid.
gott damm
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

Wilson to Steelers.

So, let me get this straight. You draft Pickett in the first round when every other teams says you could have had him in the 2nd. He has yet to make it through a regular season and has been impressively underwhelming. Despite this, you praise him and publicly say you aren't giving up on him. You even let a guy walk who had much better starts and has been with your organization since his first day, but he wasn't "your guy", so fuck him? You proclaim you're going to bring in competition, so instead of going and grabbing Justin Fields who is a perfect fit for Arthur Smith's system and could have a long career ahead of him, you go grab a washed up vet who doesn't fit Smith's system and has maybe a year or two left in his dead arm. And to top it off, this guy isn't coming in the ride the bench, which means you're sabotaging Pickett.

Brilliant.
Stranger

NFL

Post by Stranger »

I can understand that he doesn't fit the Arthur Smith offense. But you got a free QB upgrade. No commitment and a no brainer. Good move.
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

Stranger wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 10:43 am But you got a free QB upgrade. No commitment and a no brainer. Good move.
Is he an upgrade? He can't move and is a locker room cancer. Plus, you've just taken the legs out on your "franchise guy".

I realize it's costing them nothing, but is Wilson taking them to the SB? If not, why are we doing this? He's not the future of the franchise. It'll end up being just another wasted year.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 11:05 am I realize it's costing them nothing, but is Wilson taking them to the SB? If not, why are we doing this? He's not the future of the franchise. It'll end up being just another wasted year.
Yep.

!RemindMe 12/31/2024
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

ESPN insider article has me feeling a bit better about it, but I'm still not sold because unless the idea is to win a SB, you're just wasting time.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 12:23 pm ESPN insider article has me feeling a bit better about it, but I'm still not sold because unless the idea is to win a SB, you're just wasting time.
The idea is win the SB, but I don't see it. Yall better get some linemen to go with him.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

Exactly, we're more than just Russell Wilson away.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Cousins to Falcons
Cousins joins an offense which has a lot of first round picks. The Falcons have three first-round offensive linemen -- left tackle Jake Matthews, right tackle Kaleb McGary and two-time Pro Bowler Chris Lindstrom at right guard. He also has Atlanta's last three first round picks -- tight end Kyle Pitts, receiver Drake London and running back Bijan Robinson -- as skill position players to throw to.
Give that man enough talent, and he'll be just above mediocre.
Cousins, who has played for the Minnesota Vikings for the past six years, is now an Atlanta Falcon after agreeing to a four-year deal with the club, his agent said. That will add to his $231 million in career earnings, a sum that makes a quarterback with one career playoff win the 11th-highest paid player in NFL history—and one who, in a few years, could climb into the top three.
The reason Cousins has become so fabulously wealthy isn’t because he’s one of the premier players at the game’s most important position. It’s because he isn’t.
https://www.wsj.com/sports/football/kir ... _permalink
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

Barkley to the Eagles is a shocker.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

That's an awesome tweet.

If I was doing a counter, I'd just point out that Lamar and Kirk have the same number of SB wins.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 8:22 pm That's an awesome tweet.

If I was doing a counter, I'd just point out that Lamar and Kirk have the same number of SB wins.
So why pay the guy 10 years old to get one?
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Ex-Chargers RB Austin Ekeler signing with Commanders on two-year deal worth up to $11.43M