NFL

Hey look a dedicated forum for sports stuff, sanctioned by the President of Sports.  Hail Shiva.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

This is my current favorite image on the interwebs (that isn't a naked woman). It's used at a Fire Mike Tomlin group I'm a member of to mock his supporters and their lowered standards.

“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: This is my current favorite image on the interwebs (that isn't a naked woman). It's used at a Fire Mike Tomlin group I'm a member of to mock his supporters and their lowered standards.
Last night was hard for me. I really kinda wanted to see my team win, and I loved their enthusiasm after sacks + that fumble recovery, etc... but I also don't want to win another game this year.
It's not me, it's someone else.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Maybe the Skins should draft a QB?
In two games -- he relieved Keenum and played 2½ quarters against the New York Giants in Week 4 -- Haskins has thrown 22 passes and four interceptions.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Read a Tomlin the the Jets rumour.

At least we'd both be happy with that. Feels unlikely
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

Tomlin anywhere but Pittsburgh would be a miracle.

Haskins is going to get ruined with bad coaching.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

Orlando Scandrick got cut by the Eagles Monday and spent the day today ripping several people in the organization on talk shows.

The Eagles responded to his criticism of Malcolm Jenkins pretty well.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

I wonder who will pick up Gordon when he returns? San Francisco?
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

They have Sanders now, but maybe? Maybe Tomlin will grab him.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Oh my. Mayfield tossing it 4 feet to the Patriots defender was just terrible.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

Stranger

NFL

Post by Stranger »

Freddy, Freddy, Freddy...

Who in their right mind puts the punt team on the field with 4th & 11 decides "oops, i really should go for it.. just take the delay of game. We'll go for it on 4th & 16!" ...And they had a timeout left!! The Browns continue to be their own worst enemy. Penalties, and freak turnovers are plaguing the team.

They had the hardest schedule in the league over the first 8 weeks but have the easiest schedule the rest of the way. We'll see if they can turn things around. If not then i can surely see Freddy being out the door.

I'd like to officially put the Browns name in the hat for the Mike Tomlin sweepstakes, he's a fine coach.
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Stranger wrote: Who in their right mind puts the punt team on the field with 4th & 11 decides "oops, i really should go for it.. just take the delay of game. We'll go for it on 4th & 16!" ...And they had a timeout left!! The Browns continue to be their own worst enemy. Penalties, and freak turnovers are plaguing the team.
That really was terrible.

But the Browns could still be 8-8.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Just a reminder that the following coaches used to work for the Redskins at some point:

Matt LaFleur: 6-1 at GB
Kyle Shannahan: Asst Coach of the year 2016 - team in the SB; Currently 7-0 at SF.
Sean McVay: 28-11 with 2 playoff appearances in 2 seasons (including 1 SB appearance)
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

Stranger wrote: I'd like to officially put the Browns name in the hat for the Mike Tomlin sweepstakes, he's a fine coach.
I was going to say, "I wouldn't wish that on my worst enemy" for the chuckle value. Then I remembered Catt's owner actually wants to trade for Tomlin...
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote:
Stranger wrote: I'd like to officially put the Browns name in the hat for the Mike Tomlin sweepstakes, he's a fine coach.
I was going to say, "I wouldn't wish that on my worst enemy" for the chuckle value. Then I remembered Catt's owner actually wants to trade for Tomlin...
I mean, so far, I have to agree with Stranger: He'd be a step up from Kitchens.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote:
Leisher wrote:
I mean, so far, I have to agree with Stranger: He'd be a step up from Kitchens.
Don't be so sure. Tomlin is well known for not understanding how the clock works.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Don't be so sure. Tomlin is well known for not understanding how the clock works.
Still, that 4th and 16? Wtf?
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote:
Leisher wrote: Don't be so sure. Tomlin is well known for not understanding how the clock works.
Still, that 4th and 16? Wtf?
Yeah, that's a horrific call.

ESPN trying to promote Pats D as the greatest ever.

Uh, no. The only team they've played with a winning record is the Buffalo Bills.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »