NFL

Hey look a dedicated forum for sports stuff, sanctioned by the President of Sports.  Hail Shiva.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 4:49 pm There's a lot of red + people there for "near,
I just said what your linked article said.

Reading the ESPN one just now it occurred at the very end of the parade. Combine that with your video and this doesn't appear to be a mass shooter situation. If it was, there should be more victims and that shooter shouldn't have gone down so easily.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Well, we'll know more by tomorrow. 1 dead, 22 hurt so far. But it feels like people got stupid, not a targeted event, agreed.
It's not me, it's someone else.
GORDON
Site Admin

NFL

Post by GORDON »

Firing into crowds like that is a punk-ass bitch move.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

GORDON wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2024 8:42 am Firing into crowds like that is a punk-ass bitch move.
Preach.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

The shooting stemmed from a fight that broke out.

The MSM is still insisting upon calling it a mass shooting though. I think that's disingenuous. These jackasses didn't go there with the intent to shoot a bunch of people. Their small, fragile egos and the cowardly children hiding behind them brought guns because it makes them feel tough and powerful. Then they shot those guns, instead of using their fists or words to settle a dispute, because they've been taught that's how to behave.

But yeah, "it's the guns".
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Death penalty for all shooters involved.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2024 3:34 pm Death penalty for all shooters involved.
Agree
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

I love that people save receipts.

TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 3:01 pm I love that people save receipts.
That's the nice thing about the internet. Someone has the receipts, and are petty enough to remember + post.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

Two yutes facing charges for the KC shooting.

Jimmy G gets a 2 game suspension.

The guy can't stay on the field, let him take some roids.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 10:24 pm Jimmy G gets a 2 game suspension.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

Accurate
GORDON
Site Admin

NFL

Post by GORDON »

GORDON wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 9:16 am Looking forward to the commercials on YouTube tonight.
They're all getting copyright violationed on youtube. I watched a complication that didn't make sense.... different music was put over the audio, no dialogue, etc, before I figured that out.

Makes sense. These people paid millions for the advertisements, wouldn't want people seeing them without paying or through the wrong channels. Or something.

The superbowl has less and less value to me.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

Justin Fields is trending on Twitter and has unfollowed the Bears on IG.

I've seen a few tweets saying Atlanta is a player for him. It's already been established that Tomlin wants to bring in another QB and loves Fields.

I'm rooting for the Steelers to get him, but I don't see the Steelers outbidding the Falcons. We're going to end up with Tannehill.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

The Raiders have a "Mahomes Rule".

I like Pierce and hope he has success. He's right about this too. He's not suggesting anything dirty. Just make Mahomes know they are there all the time. It can even be as simple as a D lineman putting his hand on Mahomes even after the ball is gone. It's simply a way to let him know that he was thisclose to getting him.

Seems like it would work on Mahomes because he does play a little "superhero" ball. Point being, he'll try to force things. I'd bet it would fuck up Josh Allen's game too.

You couldn't do this to prime Big Ben though. Still one of the strangest sports stats of all time was his passer rating actually went up when he was under pressure. Pretty sure this is something the Patriots knew about and purposely would drop 8 into coverage on him rather than blitzing.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

From an article about if your team is a contender or not:
HEADED ON THE RIGHT TRACK

Cleveland Browns (11-6)
Average age of roster: 27.3
Salary cap space: -$56.7 million
Total 2024 draft picks (projected): 7

What's next: Injecting confidence in Deshaun Watson after a rocky two years in Cleveland is job No. 1. This is a pivotal year for him. Whether new offensive coordinator Ken Dorsey calls plays is something coach Kevin Stefanski still needs to sort out. The Browns' roster is in relatively good shape, but they will likely look to add defensive line help, offensive line depth and possibly a receiver or tight end. Will the Browns rework or extend running back Nick Chubb's deal, which includes a $15.8 million salary in 2024, coming off a major knee injury? Possibly. They are on record as wanting to keep him. Wide receiver Amari Cooper, 29, has acquitted himself well in Cleveland and is a 2025 free agent. Perhaps the Browns continue the successful marriage with an extension.
STUCK IN QB PURGATORY

Pittsburgh Steelers (10-7)
Average age of roster: 27.1
Salary cap space: -$18.1 million
Total 2024 draft picks (projected): 7

What's next: Is there a more "we're a quarterback away" team than Pittsburgh? The Steelers have just about everything they need, from ample skill players to an improving offensive line and three legitimate, game-changing stars on defense. A quarterback can tie it all together. At the very least, the Steelers will apply pressure on incumbent Kenny Pickett with a quarterback acquisition via trade or free agency. Here's to forecasting that the addition is more than a stopgap, and the Justin Fields-Mike Tomlin noise is growing, with ESPN's Adam Schefter pointing out that Tomlin is a big fan of Fields. The call on the fifth-year option of Najee Harris is a tough one that could go either way. The Steelers can save $10 million on the cap with a release of wide receiver Allen Robinson II.

Washington Commanders (4-13)
Average age of roster: 26.7
Salary cap space: $65.6 million
Total 2024 draft picks (projected): 9

What's next: The question isn't whether Washington takes a quarterback with the second overall pick. More pointedly, will the Commanders make a push to move into the No. 1 spot for Caleb Williams? Either way, they are in a great spot to secure a franchise passer. Washington has several other needs, of course, including offensive line, pass-rusher and tight end, depending on what the team does with veteran Logan Thomas ($6.5 million in cap savings if released). A decision on whether to re-sign safety Kamren Curl will be among the most important free agency decisions for the franchise.
REBUILD IN THE WORKS

Carolina Panthers (2-15)
Average age of roster: 27.5
Salary cap space: $26.1 million
Total 2024 draft picks (projected): 6

What's next: Nowhere to go but up for Carolina, which was the worst team by a wide margin last season. The Panthers believe Bryce Young is not broken, and new coach Dave Canales will bring stability for the young quarterback. But both will need help: Mainly, a vertical receiver who can serve a Mike Evans-type role for Canales as was his experience in Tampa. Tee Higgins should absolutely be pursued if the Bengals don't franchise tag him. And, Evans himself might be available if Tampa doesn't re-sign. The maligned offensive line needs reinforcements. Franchise tagging Brian Burns seems like a formality. He's too talented to let walk without the chance at an outright signing or a tag-and-trade. And watch for Carolina to re-sign linebacker Frankie Luvu.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 1:05 pm More pointedly, will the Commanders make a push to move into the No. 1 spot for Caleb Williams?
No. Hell no please no.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

Merrill Hoge who correctly picked Stroud>Young in the last draft has said he's watched a ton of tape on Williams and doesn't see "it".
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »