NFL

Hey look a dedicated forum for sports stuff, sanctioned by the President of Sports.  Hail Shiva.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

It's a new year, so cue the Harbaugh to the Colts rumors.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

Lions fan banned for life for Snapchating something racist.

Here's the twist, and it does NOT excuse his ignorance, he was sending a picture of two black fans sitting during the national anthem. They were not reprimanded or punished in any way.

So why is that the twist?
A core component of our guest conduct policy is the expectation that all fans are respectful and considerate to each other regardless of their personal beliefs or differences," the Lions said in a statement.
So the fact that these two people are openly being disrespectful to everyone standing, everyone that served, those that died, their loved ones, etc., that doesn't get covered under your policy?

Oh, they're protesting racism, so it's ok?

So it'd be fine if I stood up and yelled at the top of my lungs when they do a moment of silence for anything ever? All I have to say is I'm protesting inequality?
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

My absolutely terrible fantasy keeper team has a chance due to Chris Thompson exploding for 23 so far.

And so far, the Panthers' D has been my 2nd highest scorer for 2nd week in a row.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Troy

NFL

Post by Troy »

Hoping for a kicker to score 9 or less points tonight. What weird situations you end up in with fantasy.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

I'm in good position to win this week, but my fantasy team has underperformed so far and I'm not sure that'll change.

Steelers won convincingly though!
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

Is HBOT a fix for CTE?

I've been hearing of people suffering from CTE showing improvement thanks to HBOT, but the science is clearly unproven.

In other news, somehow celebrations are back in the NFL. This is good news. NBC even had fun with it putting their old NBA music over the Falcolns' basketball themed celebration.
Troy

NFL

Post by Troy »

I guess the Rams are fine, may eventually win some new fans.

What the FUCK was the managment of the Chargers thinking? The stadium shots have been embarrassing. San Diego people live in San Diego for a reason. They aren't coming to LA.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: In other news, somehow celebrations are back in the NFL.
NFL decided to let people have more fun to see if the league would become more relevant.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote:
Leisher wrote: In other news, somehow celebrations are back in the NFL.
NFL decided to let people have more fun to see if the league would become more relevant.
Anything to distract from CTE and assholes sitting during the anthem.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

The moment may be brief, but it looks like the Redskins will be the only NFC East team with a win outside their division after tonight.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

The three best and three worst QBs last week.

ESPN's Power Rankings

I think the Colts should be at the very bottom.

Cleveland has three winnable games in a row. Not sure if they should be cheering for wins or a higher draft pick.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Redskins up to #17 is way over-correcting. #20 at best.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

This seasons, yes it's early, is as dominant as I've ever seen the AFC. I just remember them being a big fat joke when I was a kid (AFC won one super bowl 82 to 97). I've seen a lot of top 5/6 power rankings with only Atlanta (of all teams, speaking of the 80s) representing the NFC. Heck, if the AFC South didn't exist...

Interestingly, 538 has completely sold the Giants, even ranking them below the Redskins.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

NFC has won 26 Super Bowls. The AFC has won 25. So it's not a massive divide.

Also, a lot of people forget, but in the 70s when the Steelers were dominant, the Houston Oilers might have been the second or third best team in the NFL, but couldn't get past the Steelers.

The 80s were all about the NFC though.

It's funny, but going into this season I thought the NFC was back. Turns out Philly is still building, the Cowboys D sucks and Prescott might not be an elite QB, the Giants are fucking done, GB has no running game, Seattle has the worst O line in football, Cam isn't allowed to run anymore, and so on.

As for that list from 538, I would disagree with Cleveland being at the bottom. The 49ers, Jets, and Colts are far worse. That should pan out over the next three weeks. Also, Miami might be better than we think.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: NFC has won 26 Super Bowls. The AFC has won 25. So it's not a massive divide.
You're including the 70s... which is why I specifically said "when I was a kid"

Yeah, the NFC was super hyped in the preasons, Boys + Giants in the top 5, etc. Hahahahha.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

I was a kid in the 70s.

Fuck you whippersnapper.
Stranger

NFL

Post by Stranger »

As for that list from 538, I would disagree with Cleveland being at the bottom. The 49ers, Jets, and Colts are far worse. That should pan out over the next three weeks. Also, Miami might be better than we think.
Vegas must think the Browns are better than the Colts or else they wouldn't be a 1 point favorite on the road this week.
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!