NFL

Hey look a dedicated forum for sports stuff, sanctioned by the President of Sports.  Hail Shiva.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 9:01 am Fields to the Falcons is supposedly a "done deal".
Good for him. And so now the Bears are getting a QB. So the Commanders' pick, in theory, goes up in value as the #1 is no longer available. Or they pick a QB.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 2:13 pm Jerry Jones to appear on Maury Povich.
Their settlement allegedly called for Jones to pay Cynthia Davis $375,000 and for Alexandra Davis to receive a "certain monthly, annual and special funding" from a trust until she was 21, as well as lump sum payments when she turned 24, 26 and 28.

Attorneys for Jones said Alexandra Davis has received "millions of dollars" from Jones in her lifetime, according to court documents.
So, I mean, he's totally the dad.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 4:27 pm So, I mean, he's totally the dad.
Dude! Spoilers!
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

The RB market is going to be loaded.

Vikes cutting Mattison.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

I was standing here at lunch reading some of the NFLPA report card stuff and I think it's pretty obvious that the worst owner in the league is now Rooney.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 12:13 pm I was standing here at lunch reading some of the NFLPA report card stuff and I think it's pretty obvious that the worst owner in the league is now Rooney.
I thought the survey said Hunt? But the Steelers sure didn't do well.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

Yeah, the players said Hunt, but Rooney is right there with him. And honestly, Hunt is winning Super Bowls, so...

Rooney is more Mark Davis than Jerry Jones. He's not working with a massive fortune. I don't know how realistic it is to expect him to fix this stuff. Plus, I don't think he really cares considering they're at the bottom every year. Interesting for a hard core left winger.

Fun little bit with Mahomes and the combine.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

I mean, as good as any other guess right now. (both in terms of what they'll do, and Williams himself)
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

Chris Mortensen died.

He will be missed. The guy was a great reporter and knew his shit.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Broncos to cut Russell Wilson, take on $85M dead money hit
Ouch
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

We'd rather lose $85M than keep you as a 2nd or 3rd string QB.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

Where could Russell end up?
With that in mind, and with Wilson officially headed for free agency, where could he end up?

Atlanta Falcons
An established veteran is attractive to Atlanta, but the sense is that the Falcons will target other quarterbacks. Execs I've spoken to largely expect Atlanta to walk away with one of these three quarterbacks: Kirk Cousins, Justin Fields or Baker Mayfield. This is a ready-made team that's a quarterback away. Wilson would fit the profile, but other quarterbacks will likely get a crack at this one.

Las Vegas Raiders
This is honestly a pretty good fit. The Raiders will explore ways to trade up for a quarterback in the draft -- coach Antonio Pierce has an affinity for Jayden Daniels from their Arizona State days -- but moving from No. 13 to the top three is an arduous task. The Raiders have not been linked to the Cousins and Mayfield free agencies. It is perhaps notable that Wilson listed Las Vegas as one of his four preferred destinations amid talk of a trade from Seattle in 2021. He would relish the chance to play with Davante Adams, too.

Pittsburgh Steelers
On paper, this makes sense. Pittsburgh is the proverbial quarterback away. Incumbent Kenny Pickett threw a paltry six touchdown passes in 12 starts in the 2023 season. And acquiring Wilson will be cost-effective, which the Steelers love. But the sense out of the combine last week is that the Steelers are prepared to give Pickett another chance and are open to a competition, perhaps including holdover Mason Rudolph. Offensive coordinator Arthur Smith recently traveled to South Florida to meet with Pickett. It's doubtful Wilson would embrace a 1A or No. 2 role at this stage.

Minnesota Vikings
The Vikings are attractive for any prospective quarterback -- they have all-world receiver Justin Jefferson and a quarterback-friendly coach in Kevin O'Connell. There's also a belief in some league circles that Minnesota, should it lose Cousins, is eager to reset its books and possibly take a swing on a quarterback in the draft. If that's the case, Wilson could be a good option for a year. But Minnesota is in a similar boat as Atlanta in that it could have several options to evaluate, including Mayfield and Fields.

New England Patriots
Possible, but much will depend on where New England is in its rebuild. Wilson will prioritize winning, and the Patriots aren't ready to win big. They need at least a year to replenish the roster. Plus, they have the No. 3 pick, which they could use on Daniels or UNC's Drake Maye. So, not impossible, but not sure the fit is good for either side.

Could Wilson end up as a No. 2 QB somewhere?
I have a hard time believing that. Most scouts I've spoken to consider him a quality starter, and there are enough quarterback-needy teams that at least one door should be open for him. Wilson is committed to not only remaining an NFL starter, but winning big. Plus, he has made $266 million in his career. Why would he be a backup?

The most realistic outcome is Wilson is willing to accept the league minimum, knowing Denver is on the hook for the full $39 million in guarantees, a move he leverages into a starting job somewhere with no promises beyond 2024.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

Not going to lie. That's the truth and it hurts.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »