MLB

Hey look a dedicated forum for sports stuff, sanctioned by the President of Sports.  Hail Shiva.
Leisher
Site Admin

MLB

Post by Leisher »

Yeah, he seems like a twat. I clean up after myself everywhere. I don't leave a mess in the plane. I don't leave garbage behind in the movie theater. My table at a restaurant doesn't have garbage scattered all over it. I leave hotel rooms in great shape. And so on.

My own personal spaces might be messy, but I don't expect others to pick up after me.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

MLB

Post by Leisher »

Pitcher ejected for cheating, but his story seems legit.

He knew he was going to checked again and still decided to cheat? This is after washing his hands in front of an official and changing gloves? Unlikely, but to be fair, that's his story.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

MLB

Post by Leisher »

As to Vegas seems like a done deal.

Has anyone at all considered the water issues there before moving more people and businesses there?
TheCatt
Site Admin

MLB

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Mon Apr 24, 2023 1:51 pm As to Vegas seems like a done deal.

Has anyone at all considered the water issues there before moving more people and businesses there?
Sshhhhhhhhhhhh
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

MLB

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt
Site Admin

MLB

Post by TheCatt »

Not a bad location, very south end of the strip.
Leisher
Site Admin

MLB

Post by Leisher »

I see Excalibur back there. Is this down by Circus Circus? I hear that's the shitty part of the strip.
TheCatt
Site Admin

MLB

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Tue May 09, 2023 8:58 pm I see Excalibur back there. Is this down by Circus Circus? I hear that's the shitty part of the strip.
It definitely is the shitty end of the strip, near the Excalibur. Circus Circus is actually the shitty part of the north end. In my mind the strip ends with the Wynn, below Circus Circus.
Leisher
Site Admin

MLB

Post by Leisher »

Dodgers uninvite some LGBQTIA+ group to Pride Night and pisses off others.

They did it because the group does a thing where they dress up as nuns and do lewd stuff or something, so Catholics protested saying, "You're honoring them and pissing off Christians." Dodgers agreed and now other alphabet people are mad, but it should be noted only one other group is boycotting.

YOU CANNOT MAKE EVERYONE HAPPY AT THE SAME TIME!!!

Corporations should sit down and watch War Games. The only smart move is to not play.
TheCatt
Site Admin

MLB baseball

Post by TheCatt »

This is kinda crazy, every AL Central team is even or worse than every AL East team.

Leisher
Site Admin

MLB

Post by Leisher »

Leisher
Site Admin

MLB

Post by Leisher »

Oakland As fans attempt hysterical bonding to keep the team.
The game drew 27,759, the largest home crowd of the season and more than triple the team's home average of 8,555.
Too little, too late.

Also, Oakland vs Las Vegas? This might as well be Rosie O'Donnell versus Jennifer Lawrence (or whoever the new hot actress is right now?).
Leisher
Site Admin

MLB

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt
Site Admin

MLB

Post by TheCatt »

STOP PUSHING YOUR TRANS AGENDA ON US
Leisher
Site Admin

MLB

Post by Leisher »

Wut?
TheCatt
Site Admin

MLB

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Mon Jun 19, 2023 7:49 pmWut?
Check your link.
Leisher
Site Admin

MLB

Post by Leisher »

FUCK!

Sorry, I rushed the closing of tabs on my way out. Let me grab the right story.

And fixed.
Leisher
Site Admin

MLB

Post by Leisher »

Baseball continues to be a sport for boring old men, but it's worth noting when someone makes history.
Cakedaddy

MLB

Post by Cakedaddy »

That's seems to be a really odd stat though. Is that something people have been trying to do for a while? Why not add the number of walks he had? Or the number of pop fly catches. Etc. Why is this a thing?
Leisher
Site Admin

MLB

Post by Leisher »

You'd have to ask a baseball purist why this matters more than other things. I would say because home runs and stolen bases are flashy and lead directly to runs scored. Also, your typical base stealers don't usually have power hitting in the skill set.

If we look at football, a QB's stats that "matter" are touchdowns and interceptions. That's only part of the story, but those stats are the ones that jump off the page to people.