NCAA

Hey look a dedicated forum for sports stuff, sanctioned by the President of Sports.  Hail Shiva.
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

Nice!
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

with 7:14 remaining Nevada had a 99.5% chance of winning and an 18 point lead... and lost.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

Watched it live.

On the positive side, they made a memory!
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Apparently Virginia was contagious to CSU.
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

Kentucky is the first big name to fall.

Their record under Calipari kind of sucks...
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 9:39 pm Kentucky is the first big name to fall.

Their record under Calipari kind of sucks...
SEC is sucking dick this year so far.
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

This NC State-Texas Tech game is insane. Refs are terrible. Bodies everywhere and it's like a street fight. I see less contact during a UFC PPV. Must be B1G officials.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 12:09 am This NC State-Texas Tech game is insane. Refs are terrible. Bodies everywhere and it's like a street fight. I see less contact during a UFC PPV. Must be B1G officials.
Wow... and NCSU not only wins, but gets to play a 14 seed.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

UNC is playing Michigan State... in the women's NCAA tourney today.

And the men's tourney tomorrow(#1 UNC vs #9 MSU). Replay of the 2007 tourney where #1 UNC played #9 MSU IN NORTH CAROLINA. (Winston-Salem that year, Charlotte this year)

Who writes this stuff?

Also, UNC in the same bracket as Arizona where former UNC player Caleb Love is? Lazy.

Same division with College of Charleston who notoriously upset UNC 25 years ago (in the regular season)?

Little surprised they didn't throw in Kentucky or Kansas.
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

Calipari talking changes.

For what it's worth the Bill Simmons podcast had Tate Frasier on and he thinks Calipari might be out.

The 1 and done rule has killed Calipari, and imho, CBB overall. A batch of freshmen thinking about the draft is very vulnerable to a team full of experienced players who may be less talented, but aren't going to shrink in the spotlight.

OSU women are putting it to Maine right now. Woot!

The men get Va Tech tomorrow night at 7.
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

OSU and UNC women advance!
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 2:02 pm OSU and UNC women advance!
Wooooooooo!

Too bad we play SC next.
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

NW is getting fucked by incompetent officiating.

They had a 6 point lead with about 4 minutes left and didn't score another point until the final 10 seconds. Meanwhile, FAU got all 8 of their points thanks to the officials and TWO inadvertent whistles. Both whistles resulted in taking the ball away from NW.

Thankfully NW tied it to go to OT.

Hopefully the officials can stay out of the way.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 2:28 pm Hopefully the officials can stay out of the way.
Hey man, officials have feelings brackets, too.
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

NW up 8 with 2 left in OT.

The ball don't lie.
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

These officials are terrible.

Can we please stop hiring our buddies and diversity hires? Let's get the best people for the job regardless of skin color, sex, and so on.
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

Is it me or have there been more blow outs than normal this year?
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 4:34 pm Is it me or have there been more blow outs than normal this year?
I don't know... There's been a decent # of good games... but not right now.
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

Thankfully, Auburn-Yale and Florida-Colorado are stepping up.