NCAA

Hey look a dedicated forum for sports stuff, sanctioned by the President of Sports.  Hail Shiva.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 3:58 pmWhy?
CUZ HE SUCKED!

In all seriousness, for his violence.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 4:05 pm
CUZ HE SUCKED!

Psst...Catt... You were supposed to click the link I provided...
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 4:40 pm
TheCatt wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 4:05 pm
CUZ HE SUCKED!

Psst...Catt... You were supposed to click the link I provided...
LOL, sorry, sometimes I just assume the link is what it says it is. Don't hate the GOAT.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

I love tournament time. Although the conference tourneys aren't quite the NCAA tourney. But seeing the SEC with a 4, 6, 7, and 9 seed. Or teams fighting for their once chance to punch a ticket (NCSU, a few others)... those Cinderalls and underdogs. Love it.
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

OSU hiring Diebler.

He deserves it.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2024 1:03 pm OSU hiring Diebler.

He deserves it.
He's got a decent reputation for recruiting, so yeah, the work he did was worthy of an offer.
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

I was going to do a gotcha link with this, but it's too sad. :( OSU gave it a hell of an effort down the stretch. It'll be interesting to see what they do in the NIT.

Also, I saw three teams declined to play in it (OK, St. Johns, and I think Pitt). Honestly, if I was a player, I'd be pissed. These kids attend these schools to play, not to sit and pout. Any game is a chance to develop, get noticed, get coached, etc.

Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

Complaints about seeding and exclusions.

Seriously, how is MSU even in the dance, let alone a 9 seed? They have a worse record than OSU.

I see the OSU women are a 2 seed. I hope they make a run.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 9:42 am I was going to do a gotcha link with this, but it's too sad. OSU gave it a hell of an effort down the stretch. It'll be interesting to see what they do in the NIT.

Also, I saw three teams declined to play in it (OK, St. Johns, and I think Pitt). Honestly, if I was a player, I'd be pissed. These kids attend these schools to play, not to sit and pout. Any game is a chance to develop, get noticed, get coached, etc.
I think the players vote on the exclusion. At least, that's what UNC did last year. I'd be surprised if they didn't take players' perspectives into account.
Leisher wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 10:45 am Seriously, how is MSU even in the dance, let alone a 9 seed? They have a worse record than OSU.
Tom Izzo. And "analytics"
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 11:04 am I'd be surprised if they didn't take players' perspectives into account.
I hope you are correct.
TheCatt wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 11:04 amTom Izzo.
This.
TheCatt wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 11:04 amAnd "analytics"
Remember how we discussed elsewhere people who used Excel in completely the wrong ways?
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 1:19 pm Clemson is suing the ACC over exit fees.
Inevitable.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

That's kind of incredible.
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

I had to look up #13 on Miss St. He's 5'10" and the height difference is really apparent.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Ugh, I havent even watched any of the games yet! stupid work + getting ready for vacation.
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

I have dual monitors!! Work on one, game on the other.

I know you're watching now. Good luck.

If you advance to join OSU in round 2 ( :D ) you'll face MSU. Tell your coach that MSU absolutely ignores their white center with the face mask. The other players rarely even high five him. He had 1 Asst and 1 reb in the first half.

I bet $5 on Duq...something's money line. Woot!
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

I have work on 3 monitors :(

I somehow didn't even notice that UNC + MSU were together. My wife went to MSU, I went to UNC. UNC is undefeated in the NCAA tournament against MSU since we got married :) I hope that streak continues.

I bet the over on UNC-Wagner...
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Oh, and my kid's Parent-teacher conferrence... finally get to watch now.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

I bet $75 on the Over. Need like 4 points with 4 minutes left. And with RJ's 3... I'm good at 136. with 3:44 left

I also bet $25 on RJ + Bacot to each score at least 15 points. That one is good.