NCAA

Hey look a dedicated forum for sports stuff, sanctioned by the President of Sports.  Hail Shiva.
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

It's a joke about their failures in sports.

Although, if I'm being honest, I think Rutgers and Schiano have a special chemistry. He is turning them around. They will never be real contenders, but as long as they aren't losing to UConn or App St in football, it's fine. I do wonder why an East Coast school can't have a good bball program though.

Nebraska I give a pass too. They get dogged, but people forget that their football program has sucked since that pile of shit Tom Osbourne left. (I have more respect for the booger eating cheater than I do for Osbourne.) Give Rhule a minute to turn it around. They've got a 5 star QB coming in, and...well, a 5 star QB. And nobody expects their bball teams to be good. Not a lot of urban centers to recruit from in Nebraska. I think their baseball teams are ok?

But fuck NW. Seriously. I know they were ok in bball this year, but their football program is a joke and their administrators are all woke clowns who don't like sports. NW admins have routine discussions about ending their sports programs as they think it takes away from their academics, you know, like it does at Harvard, Yale, Princeton, etc... :roll:

If we're going to have a pretentious university who underachieves in sports, yet still think they're better than everyone, I'd rather have Notre Dame.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Sure hope it's true
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2024 11:21 am Sure hope it's true
You and me both. I genuinely might turn to a life of crime if they don't get hammered. Why keep living by the rules if there's no punishment for breaking them?
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2024 11:42 am
You and me both. I genuinely might turn to a life of crime if they don't get hammered. Why keep living by the rules if there's no punishment for breaking them?
but we’re little people, Leisher. We get punished.
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2024 12:00 pm
Leisher wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2024 11:42 am
but we’re little people, Leisher. We get punished.
We just need to get insanely rich before turning ourselves into Congress. A Congress stacked with people we've bought and paid for.
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

Seton Hall beats Indiana St. for the NIT crown.

Turns out the Big East is pretty legit in basketball.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2024 9:42 am Seton Hall beats Indiana St. for the NIT crown.

ISU was up 7 with 1 minute left, SH scored 9 straight.
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2024 9:46 am
Leisher wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2024 9:42 am Seton Hall beats Indiana St. for the NIT crown.

ISU was up 7 with 1 minute left, SH scored 9 straight.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

I don't think that means...
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

B1G now has a team in the Men's and Women's finals and barring a miracle Bama win, they should both be underdogs.

Plus, Purdue winning just locked up my victory at work in the bracket pool. I had Purdue and UConn in the final. The only person that could overtake me had Bama and NCSt in the final!!!

BTW, if you're wondering about that offensive call in the Iowa-UConn Final Four matchup on the women's side yesterday, my former 30 year referee dad said it was an excellent call.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2024 8:21 pm Plus, Purdue winning just locked up my victory at work in the bracket pool. I had Purdue and UConn in the final. The only person that could overtake me had Bama and NCSt in the final!!!
Did they pick Bama + NCSU from the start, or like a repick?
Leisher wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2024 8:21 pm BTW, if you're wondering about that offensive call in the Iowa-UConn Final Four matchup on the women's side yesterday, my former 30 year referee dad said it was an excellent call.
It was. Completely valid.
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2024 8:32 pm Did they pick Bama + NCSU from the start, or like a repick?
From the start. It was a bracket challenge. No changes.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2024 8:40 pm
TheCatt wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2024 8:32 pm Did they pick Bama + NCSU from the start, or like a repick?
From the start. It was a bracket challenge. No changes.
Da fuq were they smokin? I mean, sure... but... seriously?
Cakedaddy

NCAA

Post by Cakedaddy »

Sure, it was a good call. But is it called all the time, every time? Or just at the end of a game to make sure their golden child continues to play? I have no horse in the race, but, it did seem like one of those calls that 90% of the time, is not called.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

At college level, that's called 80-90% of the time. NBA not so much.
Leisher wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2024 8:21 pm Plus, Purdue winning just locked up my victory at work in the bracket pool. I had Purdue and UConn in the final.
Ours is a little different. Every person gets a random team from each seed. Which is fun since most brackets are over before the Final 4 begins.

I have UConn, and had NCSU earlier. So a UConn win and I suck $250. Purdue win, I get 2nd ($100). Either way, a decent outcome.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 7:46 am At college level, that's called 80-90% of the time. NBA not so much.
Yep.

On a side note, the NBA has really been tightening up their game. Literally, within the past month or so refs have been calling it closer to the college game. It has been confirmed that this is a league driven effort. It has very negatively affected some of the diva players, while actual team players are thriving. I think the NBA is trying to reconnect with audiences "for the love of the game". Considering it's being predicted that within the next 20 years the league might be all Euro players, they are smart to get ahead of things now.

On a different note, is this racism, bitterness, or both. And I'll even acknowledge that she has a good argument, but this isn't a good look.
Cakedaddy

NCAA

Post by Cakedaddy »

Meh. Didn't they say the same thing about the home run record? It's gets an asterisk because more games are played, bats and balls have changed, fields have changed, etc, etc. She's just bitter, I think. I mean, do we have a 'record high' for each different iteration of the game? Which one means more or is the 'real' record? Horrible look. Sore loser. 43 years. You had a good run. Time to pass the torch gracefully. Or, do what you are doing. I mean, what is her end game here?
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

I can't remember people talking about South Carolina (women's basketball) in the past 3 weeks much. But here they are, just laying waste to everyone all season long (38-0), and taking down Caitlin Clark Iowa by 12.