NCAA

Hey look a dedicated forum for sports stuff, sanctioned by the President of Sports.  Hail Shiva.
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

Over 10K players have opted into EA College Football.
Each player who opts in to have their name, image and likeness used will receive $600 and a copy of the game, valued at around $70.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Cakedaddy

NCAA

Post by Cakedaddy »

The last 13% are the people we've heard of that are actually talked about in college football. Hopefully they are holding out for WAY more and really make EA pay.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Cakedaddy wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 2:36 pm The last 13% are the people we've heard of that are actually talked about in college football. Hopefully they are holding out for WAY more and really make EA pay.
If I had a $1M NIL income, I'd do this just for fun and to be "immortalized" in the game.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

I think you're both right.

Some kids will want to be in it and play themselves forever.

Others will be greedy or too stupid and will try and hold out for a lot more.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

This made me laugh a lot.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Pretty good day of basketball.
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

Congrats on that win!
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 1:45 pm Congrats on that win!
My favorite website, once again: https://diddukewin.com/
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Whereas coaches do this shit for free.
Cakedaddy

NCAA

Post by Cakedaddy »

I was under the impression that his players have always cared about how much money they were making.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Cakedaddy wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 5:33 pm I was under the impression that his players have always cared about how much money they were making.
"But now it's all the players, not just the special ones!"
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 5:37 pm
Cakedaddy wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 5:33 pm I was under the impression that his players have always cared about how much money they were making.
"But now it's all the players, not just the special ones!"
This + his ability to skirt the rules while other teams couldn't has been removed. It's a more level playing field and he can't compete anymore. Not saying he isn't a great coach, but the game caught up and negated all of his advantages.
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

Catt, you started posting today and that made me wonder if UNC had the game under control...yep. :D

Here's hoping both UNC and OSU get a win today.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 2:03 pm Catt, you started posting today and that made me wonder if UNC had the game under control...yep. :D

Here's hoping both UNC and OSU get a win today.
I had an MSU+UNC parlay! Yay sports betting!
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 2:03 pm Here's hoping both UNC and OSU get a win today.
Congrats on OSU's win - Bracketology says one more to get into the NCAA.
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

Yep and we play Illinois we killed us earlier this year, but this team is playing much better than they were.

I hope they make it because I like this coach.

Also, I guess DePaul hired Holtman.
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

10 conferences and ND agree to new CFP deal.

Long story short:
-5 highest ranked conference champs
-next 9 ranked schools
-B1G and SEC run everything.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Feeling pretty good about UNC's #1 seed odds now.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Juwan Howard fired
Michigan owes Howard $3 million, sources told ESPN.
Shoulda fired him for cause.
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 3:34 pm Shoulda fired him for cause.
Why?

Because his teams got progressively worse while he was there or because he laid hands on an opposing coach during the hand shake line?