NBA

Hey look a dedicated forum for sports stuff, sanctioned by the President of Sports.  Hail Shiva.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NBA

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Mon Apr 24, 2023 1:24 pm Leagues need to drop the hammer on players who intentionally contact officials.

Set the line before someone takes it too far.
1 game suspension, and some kind of fine, imho.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

NBA

Post by Leisher »

The precedent is a suspension for a game.

My point is that these spoiled and out of touch with reality child millionaires need more of a reality check before they do real harm to someone.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

NBA

Post by Leisher »

“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

NBA

Post by Leisher »

Cavs owner's kid dies.

Sad anytime a kid dies before their folks, even if it's expected. I'm not a Cavs fan or really an NBA fan, but I watched this kid do the draft picks thanks to my brother-in-law and Stranger.
Leisher
Site Admin

NBA

Post by Leisher »

Jokic makes contact with Suns owner.

Did Ishbia flop?

I'm with Jokic on this one. Ishbia has no right to put his hands on a player, and he clearly flops. What a great commentary on the NBA when even an owner flops.
Leisher
Site Admin

NBA

Post by Leisher »

Leisher
Site Admin

NBA

Post by Leisher »

Ja Morant is an idiot.

Gets suspended for an incident with a gun two months ago. So what did he learn? He goes out and makes a video for social media where he's waving around another gun.

Your team lost its last game by 40 points and you were garbage. Now you'll be suspended for a significant portion of next year and your contract is in jeopardy.

Grow the fuck up. You're a multimillionaire. You want to carry a weapon, fine. However, you don't need to make videos about it. That's what children do. Accept that you have gotten a golden ticket to an entirely different world and ditch those people still trying to drag you down.

Ever notice how many of these videos Lebron made? Zero. Notice how many of his friends act like they're still in the projects? None.

You can give back to where you came from, but that doesn't mean you need to risk yourself and your future doing so.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NBA

Post by TheCatt »

Is what he’s doing illegal?
Leisher
Site Admin

NBA

Post by Leisher »

"You can take the girl out of the trailer park, but you can't take the trailer park out of the girl."

Ja Morant incidents (doesn't include the latest).

You can see why a multibillion dollar entity like the NBA would be concerned about his behavior.
Leisher
Site Admin

NBA

Post by Leisher »

Sixers name their scapegoat.

Honestly, Rivers is the Mike Tomlin of the NBA. Great in the regular season, but terrible in the playoffs, particularly in series clinching games.

Also, the two big stars in Philly, Embeed and Harden, didn't show up for Games 6 and 7, which their team lost. Is that on the coach? He's not out there going 3 for 12.
Leisher
Site Admin

NBA

Post by Leisher »

The punch we were told wasn't an issue was totally an issue.

Turns out team chemistry is kind of important.
Leisher
Site Admin

NBA

Post by Leisher »

Soccer's got nothing on NBA flopping.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NBA

Post by TheCatt »

1 game ban, $50k fine. Imho.
Leisher
Site Admin

NBA

Post by Leisher »

I second that idea.
Leisher
Site Admin

NBA

Post by Leisher »

The Celtics got kicked in the dick by the universe last night.

In the Eastern Conference Finals they started the series down 3 games to zip thanks to collapses in games 1 and 2 and then seemingly quitting in game 3. They found their heart and stormed back to tie the series 3-3. Back in Boston for game 7, they were on the doorstep of history. No team has ever come back from being down 0-3. On the first play, Jason Tatum, the Celtics' best player rolled his ankle. Game over.

Sucks to see history get squashed, but ultimately the winner doesn't matter. They're just going to be the team that loses to the Nuggets.

On a different note, something to watch in the NBA is the new CBA goes into effect for next season and it's going to fuck the league up. Basically, every trade that happened this last year would have been stopped by the new CBA. I guess it's a mess and will decimate the NBA's middle class. Listen to The Bill Simmons Podcast from this past Sunday night (5/28/2023) for more details if you're curious. It's the second half of the pod.

I'm not a massive NBA fan, but I've always thought they have the most interesting trades and free agency.

Stranger, you should give it a listen. It will definitely affect the Cavs at some point, and definitely will affect the bigger market teams who have built monsters, like Boston, LA, Golden State, etc.

I guess the Warriors are fucked with the new CBA.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NBA

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 12:27 pm In the Eastern Conference Finals they started the series down 3 games to zip thanks to collapses in games 1 and 2 and then seemingly quitting in game 3. They found their heart and stormed back to tie the series 3-3. Back in Boston for game 7, they were on the doorstep of history. No team has ever come back from being down 0-3. On the first play, Jason Tatum, the Celtics' best player rolled his ankle. Game over.
Yeah, that game 6 put back though was a miracle already. I made some fake tokens(?) on this place betting on Miami last night and Boston in games 4/5: https://manifold.markets/home
Leisher
Site Admin

NBA

Post by Leisher »

Can you spend the play money on anything?
TheCatt
Site Admin

NBA

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 1:32 pm Can you spend the play money on anything?
Yeah, that I don't know.
Leisher
Site Admin

NBA

Post by Leisher »

If you can I'd definitely sign up. Seems fun, but would get forgotten without an "end goal".

Scottie Pippen really hated playing second fiddle to Jordan.

Hey Scottie, what happened the two years when Jordan left for baseball? Why didn't you win it all? How about when you left to play elsewhere?
Leisher
Site Admin

NBA

Post by Leisher »