NBA

Hey look a dedicated forum for sports stuff, sanctioned by the President of Sports.  Hail Shiva.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NBA

Postby TheCatt » Fri Jun 14, 2019 8:06 am

Raptors win it all, but it took some luck
It's not me, it's someone else.

Stranger

NBA

Postby Stranger » Fri Jun 14, 2019 8:34 am

I hate that the whole narrative of this series was all about KD being hurt and now Klay. Nobody was saying the same thing about the Cavs in 2015 when they didn't have Kyrie and Love. Lebron still took that series to 6 games with his 2 and 3 players being Timofey Mozgov and Matthew Dellavadova..

I'm glad GS finally had to deal with some adversity. Fuck them, i hope it fucks them next year too!
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!

Leisher
Site Admin

NBA

Postby Leisher » Sat Jun 15, 2019 1:03 am

Stranger wrote:Source of the post Nobody was saying the same thing about the Cavs in 2015 when they didn't have Kyrie and Love.

That's actually not true.

Warriors fans were saying, "Injuries are part of the game. Deal with it!" Cleveland fans should feel free to remind them.
“Nothing quite brings out the zest for life in a person like the thought of their impending death”
― Jhonen Vasquez, Johnny the Homicidal Maniac: Director's Cut

TheCatt
Site Admin

NBA

Postby TheCatt » Sat Jun 15, 2019 8:00 pm

According to Adrian Wojnarowski of ESPN, the Lakers have agreed to acquire center Anthony Davis from the New Orleans Pelicans in exchange for guard Lonzo Ball, forwards Brandon Ingram and Josh Hart, and three first-round picks, including the fourth overall selection in the 2019 NBA Draft.

Holy fuck
It's not me, it's someone else.

Leisher
Site Admin

NBA

Postby Leisher » Sat Jun 15, 2019 9:48 pm

Big trade.

Lakers are in win now mode as Lebron isn't getting younger, was threatening to leave, and the Warriors won't be good next year. Next year is their shot.

They're sacrificing the future for the now.

Should be interesting to see how the rest of the league responds.

I wonder when/if Anthony Davis will realize that Clutch is just using him to help Lebron?

I am glad the Celtics are out of the bidding. I didn't want Kyrie to stay and I didn't want to mortgage the future for a one year rental. Now they can focus on building a real team.
“Nothing quite brings out the zest for life in a person like the thought of their impending death”

Leisher
Site Admin

NBA

Postby Leisher » Sun Jun 16, 2019 12:14 am

Lavar Ball is saying trading Lonzo is a bad move by the Lakers.

Getting rid of your dumb ass is a win even if Lonzo becomes an All-Star, which doesn't seem too likely.

Rumors have teams calling the Pelicans for that #4 pick from the Lakers, so depending on Zion and who they get in the next trade, they might become an immediate contender.

Leisher
Site Admin

NBA

Postby Leisher » Tue Jun 18, 2019 12:00 pm

People shot at Raptors parade.

Between this and the cheering for an injured KD, can we end the myth about Canadian kindness?

Leisher
Site Admin

NBA

Postby Leisher » Tue Jun 18, 2019 9:05 pm

Horford and Cs parting ways.

This sucks. Horford was a hell of a good addition to the team, but I get the Cs stance. He's old, has nagging injuries, and wants too much money for diminishing returns.

Leisher
Site Admin

NBA

Postby Leisher » Tue Jun 18, 2019 11:52 pm

Davis to Lakers isn't done just yet.

And what are they going to do about other players? Or do they plan to just field a three man team of Lebron, Davis, and Kuzma?

Return to “Sports Blah”