The Equalizer

As long as we recognize Lucas is washed up and most TV sucks, we'll all get along fine.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

It could have been called "Burn Notice the Movie".

Former spy helps hooker and winds up fighting a war against a Russian mob boss.

Good movie, but it was just Denzel whooping ass. There was never any tension or doubt in the story. The bad guys never had the upper hand. So the story kind of sucked. I mean, every episode of Burn Notice had Michael Weston in some predicament when things went wrong, but not here.

Despite that, it's still a good film for entertainment's sake. I think they might have been trying to go for a franchise here, which is curious considering his age.

What's with Russians and tattoos?
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

You know how old the dude in the TV series was? Denzel's only got five years on him. Fucking Robert Mitchum was the Equalizer in the '80s for a brief period when the other one had a heart attack. Sean Bean's around the age Edward Woodward was when he started, mid 50s. Mitchum was around 70 when he did his thing.

Edited By Malcolm on 1427652462
Diogenes of Sinope: "It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours."
Arnold Judas Rimmer, BSC, SSC: "Better dead than smeg."
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

The poster should be a massive blowup of this image:

==
Diogenes of Sinope: "It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours."
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

I don't get it, Malcolm.

Good movie, enjoyed it. Better than Taken, if only cuz the female character was so much less annoying (although the security guard friend wasn't great).

Nice touch with the Joy Division at the end (even if sung by Moby).
It's not me, it's someone else.
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Two equal signs?
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Malcolm wrote:Two equal signs?
Ah... Yeah, I had slept a total of 20 hours over 4 days last night.

I crashed so hard last night. Slept 11.5 hours.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Saw this. I don't remember Robert McCall being a fucking Terminator.
What's with Russians and tattoos?

They're like biz cards.
GORDON
Site Admin

The Equalizer

Post by GORDON »

I'm just now seeing this. Action clips from Equalizer 3 have been showing up in my YouTube feed, and I was like, "Huh. He's John Wick, I never knew that." I also never watched the TV show.

So I just watched this one, and yeah, John Wick got a lot of DNA from this movie.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."