Eve Online

Mostly PC, but console and mobile too
Cakedaddy

Post by Cakedaddy »

Warp Jammers eh? Who you planning to fight in the next 14 days?! I'm comming to the conclusion that I'm not going to get to play with the big toys during the trial. Won't make it out of the frigate as far as combat ships go. Some of the skills needed to fly them take up to 20 days to learn. I was hoping to be able to use a missle that had a base of 120 HP. The 60 HP missles I'm firing are doing up to 80 points of damage. And the rockets, which are rated lower, are doing about 30 damage, but, they fire twice as fast. So, they are doing a good job on the enemies (NPC Drones) I'm fighting. With my shield boosters, I can take on quite a few enemies at once while firing my rockets, missles, and iron charged rail gun. Don't have a big enough power grid to keep the after burners on though. So, I take the weapon systems offline during curiour missions and put the after burners online. Do the opposite for combat missions, obviously.

So far, leveling up is quite fun. You constantly have to plan ahead, else you'll find yourself out of ammo, training kits, etc. Then you have to decide if it's worth it to make 7-9 jumps to buy supplies on the cheap, or spend 2-5 times more in the local area. So, I'm constantly checking the market to see if stuff I use is cheap in that area so I can stock up.

The skill tree is huge. And, you don't have a skill cap. So, you could potentially learn everything about everything. However, at some levels, skill take up to 75 days to learn. So, you've got that going for you. However, you can buy cyber implants or something to boost your attributes to cut down on the learning time/costs. So, it's unlikely that you will learn everything about everything. But, at least you don't have to unlearn something if you find you need something else later on. You can just pile it on top of everything else.

I'd like to research the player economy as well. VERY similar to SWG. However, the resource gathering isn't automated like it was in SWG. Unless that's what the 'drone' skill is for. . . Plus, people are complaining about the macro miners. So that might be an option.

Right now, I'm just running missions trying to get my bank account back up. I'm back to around 550k after last night's mishap. I've also looted various low level weapons and other add-ons I could use on my ship. So, if anyone else joins, I've got a couple extra rail guns you can have.
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

I've yet to be convinced. Holy ass fuck, I'm so wasted.
Diogenes of Sinope: "It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours."
Arnold Judas Rimmer, BSC, SSC: "Better dead than smeg."
Cakedaddy

Post by Cakedaddy »

Convinced of. . . .

Back to my rambling explination of what I've come across. .

PVP, well, combat in general, will grow to be VERY complex. Think of UO with the various fighting styles, times infinity. Since each ship has a limited number of add-on slots, you have to pick and choose for your combat style. You pick and choose from many many many different add-ons. In the combat forum, I was picking up things such as:

Find out what the target ship is packing by sending in an expendable ship. If they are using rail guns and missles, pack up with EWP and blasters. Get in close to fly under his guns and blast away. If they are heavy on the shields, make sure you use plasma based ammo to rip through them. If they are armor tanked, use kinetic ammo. Web them to keep them still or blah blah blah. I made most of that stuff up, but, that's how the conversations go. They talk about taking in multiple ships of various types with diffent add-on loads each performing specific tasks to take down a larger ship. You can scan the ship for it's type and there are race specific weapons, etc, etc, etc. There does not seem to be a generic 'pre-cast-hally-wack' attack. Distance counts. Ammo composition counts. Etc, etc. VERY complex. Or. . . maybe I'm still too much of a newb and once I actually know what they are talking about, there are really only two or three viable setups. . . Dunno yet.

Also, when you destroy a ship, it will sometimes leave it's add-on parts behind as well. I was thinking that the only loot left behind was what was in the cargo container. But, I was told that a ship can leave mounted add-ons as well.

I'm trying to find out about the people that close off sections of space to other people. Claim it as their territory. I figure, that will be something we'd be interested in. Keep space free!! I also asked about corporation warring. Find out if it's like guild warring in UO.

I read more than once to train all the learning skills heavy in the beginning. Not at the expense of other skills so you can opperate in the beginning. But, they should be trained up asap to make over all training more efficient.

I'm REALLY digging the depth and playability of the game. The PVP better fucking be there.
Troy

Post by Troy »

Convinced of. . . .

Back to my rambling explination of what I've come across. .

PVP, well, combat in general, will grow to be VERY complex. Think of UO with the various fighting styles, times infinity. Since each ship has a limited number of add-on slots, you have to pick and choose for your combat style. You pick and choose from many many many different add-ons. In the combat forum, I was picking up things such as:

Find out what the target ship is packing by sending in an expendable ship. If they are using rail guns and missles, pack up with EWP and blasters. Get in close to fly under his guns and blast away. If they are heavy on the shields, make sure you use plasma based ammo to rip through them. If they are armor tanked, use kinetic ammo. Web them to keep them still or blah blah blah. I made most of that stuff up, but, that's how the conversations go. They talk about taking in multiple ships of various types with diffent add-on loads each performing specific tasks to take down a larger ship. You can scan the ship for it's type and there are race specific weapons, etc, etc, etc. There does not seem to be a generic 'pre-cast-hally-wack' attack. Distance counts. Ammo composition counts. Etc, etc. VERY complex. Or. . . maybe I'm still too much of a newb and once I actually know what they are talking about, there are really only two or three viable setups. . . Dunno yet.

Also, when you destroy a ship, it will sometimes leave it's add-on parts behind as well. I was thinking that the only loot left behind was what was in the cargo container. But, I was told that a ship can leave mounted add-ons as well.

I'm trying to find out about the people that close off sections of space to other people. Claim it as their territory. I figure, that will be something we'd be interested in. Keep space free!! I also asked about corporation warring. Find out if it's like guild warring in UO.

I read more than once to train all the learning skills heavy in the beginning. Not at the expense of other skills so you can opperate in the beginning. But, they should be trained up asap to make over all training more efficient.

I'm REALLY digging the depth and playability of the game. The PVP better fucking be there.

I decided that a different races Frigate was my favorite, So i'm training in it. Mmators or whatever. I've got about 1.5 milion and a boatload of electronics, weapons and stuff.

Stuff I have trained in so far.

Electronics: Scanners, Upgrades, Warfare, Countermeasures

Gunnering: Long range Targeting, Targeting

Missles: Everything I can find

Learning: Just learning right now, Is there othe stuff that speeds up the process?

Social: Got it to 3, Going to get Connections, Helps you get better missions.

Engineering: Energy Grid Operations, Upgrades

The Driving one, Up to 3,

Want me to PK a miner to find out how PVP works :p

Edited By Troy on 1135192883
Cakedaddy

Post by Cakedaddy »

Learning: Just learning right now, Is there othe stuff that speeds up the process?

From what I understand, there is.

Have you spent much time in 0.0 space? I don't even know where it is. . . Are you mining any more?

And I found this helpful:

http://frobozgroup.com/og_skillstree.html
Troy

Post by Troy »

From what I understand, there is.

Have you spent much time in 0.0 space? I don't even know where it is. . . Are you mining any more?

And I found this helpful:

http://frobozgroup.com/og_skillstree.html

Ok, figured it out, I trained a bunch of the skills that give you a bonus 1 point of your various stats. Level one is only 17 minutes, so its great.

The higher your stats, the faster you train.

Edited By Troy on 1135202518
Cakedaddy

Post by Cakedaddy »

Also, I'm finding that there is no known complete skill tree documented out there. The one I posted is about 60% complete, I'd guess. Found another that had 210 skills listed on it. Was made in 2004. Checked the last few entries in the thread, and people are asking the original creator to update it as there are now 272 skills in the game. Original creator doesn't play much any more and doesn't have time to update it. But, the 210 version is apparently the best one out there cause that's the one EVE themselves have stickied in the forum and refer people to. Crazy deep skill tree.
Cakedaddy

Post by Cakedaddy »

Are things running really slow for you in the game? I can't connect. . . but when I do, it takes forever for things to update and happen. You having any comm issues with them?

Never mind. Others are talking about it on the EVE forum. So, it's not just me.

Edited By Cakedaddy on 1135204868
Troy

Post by Troy »

I really wanted some new and better missions, so I needed to move to a sector with an agent with a better quality (quality=more favor for missions)

So I up and moved shop, unfortunatly to a higher secruity area, but its ok

Have you figured out what function of the map tells you how many people are active in a Solar system at a given time?

Edited By Troy on 1135207998
Cakedaddy

Post by Cakedaddy »

With the map open, go to the 'Stars' tab under 'display settings'. There are buttons like:

Average pilots in space in the last 30 minutes
Number of pilots currently docked and active
Just in the last hour
Ships destroyed in the last 1 hour
Ships destroyed in the last 23 hours
etc

Maybe there is something in there that will give you the info you are looking for.
Cakedaddy

Post by Cakedaddy »

Welp, I have cargo I need to deliver to a system, but there have been ships destroyed and players podded in the last hour. Should I go and complete the mission, or, abort and lose standing. Decisions decisions.

Why do there have to be people out there forcing their style of game play on me. I just want to have all access to every aspect of the game, and these people aren't letting me. I feel raped.
Troy

Post by Troy »

I just realized how cool Autopilot is.... saves me time to check the markets for new ships and other stuff...

Hey, now that I have the map figured out, what region to you use as your base? I personally use "The Forge" not too populated, lower security levels, but close to civilization.

Edited By Troy on 1135234003
Cakedaddy

Post by Cakedaddy »

heheh That's where I started out as well. Took a screen shot of it with the intentions of posting it with a story about how it was a sign that we MUST play this game. What are the odds that they dump me into the world in a home named after my UO home. Anyway, I'm in that area as well. I've been hanging out doing missions for an agent located at Waira V. Quality level 18. His last couple of missions have sucked though. Long journey, through low sec areas, for like 25k payout.

I can't believe you are just now using autopilot. That's been the only way I've been playing. Absolutely lets you read forums, check the market, study skills, or watch TV!
Cakedaddy

Post by Cakedaddy »

Actually, I'm working out of 'The Citidel' right now. That's the region this agent is in. But, I have alot of my stuff stored in 'The Forge'.
Troy

Post by Troy »

Yes, Autpilot is the shit...

I've been doing all securities missions, one jump/no jump, 150k payout, then dependent on bounties. I should get my Frigate 3 status tomorrow.

I've got about 3m in the bank, just waiting on the Mmatar (sp) Frigate 3 status so I can trick out a nice FAST missle boat.... good times.

I'm trying my darndest to get to Level 2 NPCS as well.

Edited By Troy on 1135239212
Troy

Post by Troy »

Oh yeah, since you are close, there is a Guristas Recon base that is near where I am, It is a 4/10 difficulty, let me know if you ever want to try to take it on, I bet the loot is fantastic.
Troy

Post by Troy »

I just dropped the upward of 3 Million on a new boat.

the thing itself was only half a million, but the goodies, carbon fiber, Computers, CPU boosters, and weapons, were crazy expensive!
Cakedaddy

Post by Cakedaddy »

You are progressing way faster than I am. I also don't know where to get the good missions. I'd like more search and destroy, but my agents keep giving me shit. Have yet to hit a million. I'm made a million, but have spent on upgrades and training keeping me under. What new ship did you buy? I'm in a condor right now.
Troy

Post by Troy »

I used to be in a condor as well... freaky how we made the same early skill decisions...

Then i switched race frigates to the Mimatar.

Current ship is the "Rifter"

Things to do if you already haven't... Train your memory, and intelligence learning skills like crazy. Then use that bonus for the other attribute skill boosters.

If your agent is giving you crap them switch, Or do a different type, I find that Surveillance is better than Security in pure money.
Troy

Post by Troy »

Hm... all my agents took a studden fallout tonight as far as points, I use to be getting 70+ and suddenly I'm back to 30s... wonder what the deal is.