Eve Online

Mostly PC, but console and mobile too
Troy

Post by Troy »

For more power, Power diagnostic Systems, Engineering skills, and backup power generator (10+ but requires Energy Management IV, I only have III)

I'll play around with some stuff later and let ya know.
Cakedaddy

Post by Cakedaddy »

How are you going to load your 4 launchers and an afterburner though? Do you have all 4 high slots full right now, with an afterburner?

Added a module last night that boosted my power grid up 2 points (along with adding capacitor, increasing it's refresh rate along with other boosts). That allowed me to use two rocket launchers, one 150mm gun, afterburner, and one shield booster. I'm using 40 or 40.5 powergrid units. Still have about 25% CPU left. The afterburner I'm using boosts 112% and uses 10 powergrid.
Troy

Post by Troy »

Sorry, I had 3 launchers and a rocket launcher for close in combat... I need to get the energy management IV item before I can go 4 launchers.

I decided I didn't like the Kestral tho, If i wanted to be slow and hit hard I would go the Merlin Route. It is my new favorite way to tackle hard missions!

I was fighting the Silence the Informat, Three Tunnel mission, 400k payoff + loot from TONS of merc elites.

Anyway, I was just walking in and getting my ASS lit up with flameburst missle fire. I bought myself a Merlin and tooled it up for Thermal + shields. No problems after that, other than the massive quantity of loot I then had to pick up and deal with. Highlight was a "'arabalest' Assault missle launcher" 2-3 Million dollar weapon!

Edited By Troy on 1136024253
Cakedaddy

Post by Cakedaddy »

Biggest item I've gotten so far is a hull repair modual. 2-3 million price tags out there. How do you know what kind of missle they are shooting at you? I've not seen a payoff amount over 160k, including the bonus. The level two missions I tried were at about 50k, plus 3500 units of small iron rounds or something of that sort.

What is your learning/info source?
Troy

Post by Troy »

It is one of the ones on the left side. Two blue boxes(simply called "log"), you have to turn it on to display combat.

As soon as you enter a station it deletes everything from that current period. I think there is an option to save it to your HD as well.

Edited By Troy on 1136040145
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

In the training mission someone else killed the pirate I was supposed to kill, and now I can't get a new pirate.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Troy

Post by Troy »

It doesn't matter WHO killed it, as long as it is dead.

You should be able to continue on, go talk to your agent.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Ok. I'd have liked to have learned how to... you know... fight and stuff, but I guess I can do that on a real mission. :-D
Troy

Post by Troy »

If you want an explanation of how to find some simple combat missions do a search for me in game: TasmanianX and then ping me. (start conversation)
Cakedaddy

Post by Cakedaddy »

There's a token you need to loot to be able to continue. The pirates will respawn.
Troy

Post by Troy »

I bought myself a badger and trained up an Industrial Skill.

I can now move myself and 1-2 ships and my equipment with me wherever I go.

Of course I need to stay in safe zones, I'm basically a slow moving big old target with my net worth on hand, but It's still nice to have mobility, Which I had lost when I started stockpiling cruiser items for next week.
Cakedaddy

Post by Cakedaddy »

What items so far? Which cruiser for that matter?

Edited By Cakedaddy on 1136258886
Troy

Post by Troy »

I'm planning on going for a Caracel for now.

So far I have saved up:

3x Arbalest Assault Launcher (no clue how I got three 2million dollar launchers like this!)
2x Named heavy launchers

1X named Cruiser AB

Ballistic Control System(not named but looking for one)
Nanofiber

All together i'm trying for a fast, capable, missle cruiser.

Edited By Troy on 1136260655
Cakedaddy

Post by Cakedaddy »

How do you plan on making a base 187 m/s fast?!

I'll have regular equipment on mine starting out. Will collect the good stuff from the types of missions you are running now.
Troy

Post by Troy »

I was looking into micro warp drives, simply because they are cool.
Cakedaddy

Post by Cakedaddy »

I read about those in the market window, but don't remember what they do.

I'm 4 hours away from having my Cruiser license, then I can tank through more of those level two missions much easier, I think. Although, It's looking like I'm going to be very busy over the next week (damn work is picking up already. I normally have like 3 months off at the beginning of the year) so I won't be able to play with it much.

And off topic of cruisers . . . What do you know about the Starbase Structures?
Troy

Post by Troy »

So playing around with my Badger and I found another pretty easy way to make money.

Trading.

Basically Get a Badger, or other industrial ship.

Remember that you are a big slow target with no weapons at all times. You can either do this in an area that is high security, or a really deserted low, mildly deserted medium area. Remember that you are a big slow target with no weapons at all times

I went for the last option.

Find a system/station with a cheap industrial good, and then locate an efficient distant/money other system station somewhere.

For example: I found a station that had Carbon Glass for 160 and another station that wanted a large amount for 240 or so. I buy 4,200 units. and do the 2 jumps necessary to make some dough. Do that math... VERY good money.

To help out speed/survivablity I have two Nanofiber upgrades, a cruiser Booster, and as much jamming equipment as I can squeeze in.

Something to do while you watch the bowl games.

This could get expensive though, If you go attacked and destroyed you would be out your cargo, in my case 700ishk, + your ship!

Just something to consider!

Edited By Troy on 1136266788
Troy

Post by Troy »

I've managed to get enough implants from missions that I decided it was time to train cybernetics...

Later tonight I will plug in the following:

1+ mem
1+ perc
5% bonus to Ship velocity, Shield upgrade power usage and Afterburner Cap usage.
5 in all.

Hopefully I don't get pod killed within the next week or so :)

Edit

Oh, and to make myself that much more sufficient, I bought some Ammo BPOs and make my own missles and Anti matter charges!

Edited By Troy on 1136344679
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

I had just finished killing all the pirates in my very first pirate mission, then the server dropped me. Or something. Had to start all over.

At least it let me keep the pirate loot I had accumulated thus far.
Cakedaddy

Post by Cakedaddy »

Normally when I leave a mission and come back, it's pretty much where I left off. If it's been a long time, a couple pirates might respawn or something.

The server goes down for maint about 6am or so as well.