NBA

Hey look a dedicated forum for sports stuff, sanctioned by the President of Sports.  Hail Shiva.
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

“Since there is a shorter clock, it affects playing time, so it’ll be interesting to see how it plays into substitution patterns.”

Fuck only knows since 50% of all NBA TV time seems to be the last 60 seconds.
Diogenes of Sinope: "It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours."
Arnold Judas Rimmer, BSC, SSC: "Better dead than smeg."
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote:What's the point?
That could be asked of the entire NBA.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Stranger

Post by Stranger »

LEBRON!
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
Stranger

Post by Stranger »

Cleveland is the center of the sports universe today.

Celebs confirmed to be in town today: Jay-Z and Beyoncé, Leo Dicaprio, Usher, Justin Timberlake, Michael Strahan, and everybody's alltime favorite the Biebs!!!

Yes! Beibs is in town for Johnny and to watch Lebron! hahahaah

http://www.cleveland.com/enterta....sp.html

Edited By Stranger on 1414697705
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Diogenes of Sinope: "It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours."
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Stranger wrote:Cleveland is the center of the sports universe today.

Celebs confirmed to be in town today: Jay-Z and Beyoncé, Leo Dicaprio, Usher, Justin Timberlake, Michael Strahan, and everybody's alltime favorite the Biebs!!!

Yes! Beibs is in town for Johnny and to watch Lebron! hahahaah

http://www.cleveland.com/enterta....sp.html
If a meteor hit Cleveland today, one could argue that our nation would improve.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

I'll cut JT some slack. At least he can play all the instruments he tours with. And he can write his own songs.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Collateral damage.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Leisher wrote:Collateral damage.

Yeah, I'd say that. Probably give him a statue or something after it. Screw everyone else.

Edited By Malcolm on 1416425765
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Great play even though he traveled and threw an elbow at the end.
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

In one of Bill Simmons' recent columns a reader emailed him a genius idea to keep teams from tanking:

From Simmons' Week 13 column.

Saying the NFL cares about player safety is like saying the 2014-15 Sixers care about their fans. That reminds me — two readers took last week’s “Should the Sixers be relegated?” conversation even further:

Q: What about combining NBA relegation with wrestling’s “loser leaves town” concept? 30 spots every season for 31 franchises. Worst team “leaves town” (or in the case, disappears for a year), to be replaced by Seattle’s expansion team. The next season, 2015’s worst team returns and takes the spot of 2016’s worst team. (Obviously, this works for other sports- hello, L.A. Raiders!) Can you imagine the difference in the environment at the end of the year- when, instead of playing in dead arenas, teams would play in front of a bunch of frenzied fans worried about losing their franchise?
—John, Santiago, Chile

Q: Create a 31st “expansion” team (Seattle anyone?) that serves as the first franchise to sit out Year One. The worst team from Year One’s season then sits out Year Two — they can’t sell tickets, but break even through revenue sharing. I’m still working on what the sitting-out players would do for the year.
—Younger, Houston

BS: Yeah, that’s a problem. You can’t force 15 NBA players to sit out a season. But we actually have this rule in my West Coast fantasy football league — 11 franchises, 10 spots, the previous year’s winner gets to “vote out” one team before every draft. It’s always exciting, but it peaked in 2012 when our crazy friend Brad nearly snapped after getting voted out. Here, look:

There's a video here, but if you want to see it, go to the column itself. Linked above.

I don’t know how you capture that magic for a professional sports league, but here’s one possible way: We make Seattle a franchise-in-waiting. If any other franchise loses 70 games AND gets outscored by 15 points per game, Seattle immediately assumes control of that team. Like, for good. That roster become the Seattle SuperSonics for the following season; meanwhile, Philly becomes the franchise-in-waiting and can’t get another team until someone loses 70 games AND gets outscored by 15 points per game.

Ask yourself this: If this rule were in place … would any NBA franchise even think about tanking a season as egregiously as the Sixers are throwing away the 2014-15 season? No way. Not a chance.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

I am not a huge NBA fan as you all know. That being said, I've been following the Cavs this year due to the Lebron thing and at the behest of my brother-in-law.

I think the owner needs to have a meeting with Irving, James, and Love and ask them what they need to win. He needs to tell them to be as honest as possible with him and each other. If they're not the right fit, he could make a big trade and get them where they want to be and bring in other pieces.

End of the day, they need to fire their coach. Not that it's his fault for what's happening, but I think he's lost the team. They need a coach with a bigger personality to handle this group. That's the secret to how the Heat won with their "big three". No not Spolstra, but they had Riley backing him. Those three listened to Riley.

The Cavs need a Riley or a Phil Jackson to get that team united and playing on the same page. Someone to control the egos and get them playing as a team, and not individuals.
Stranger

Post by Stranger »

Blatt will be fired, that's a no brainer its just a matter of time now. They hired him before Lebron came back because he was the only coach who would take the job. Had Lebron came back first the Cavs would have had a much higher profile coach in there.
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Phil would be such a no brainer for that job. It's too bad he took the Knicks GM job or I think he would have happily coached the Cavs.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Is this sexist? I say no.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Hell no. he didn't say "women should ref women's games" or "no women can ref the NBA" or anything like that. He simply used the gender appropriate pronoun for referring to the woman.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

The people who are making it sexist are the ones calling it sexist.
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »