Mechwarrior Online - F2P

Mostly PC, but console and mobile too
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

"Gord as my witness" should become a phrase.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Trooper

Post by Trooper »

Is there such thing as, too in love with yourself?
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

So say you buy 3 Hunchbacks and master them up.... can you sell 2 of them and still be mastered with the 1 you still have?
Stranger

Post by Stranger »

GORDON wrote:So say you buy 3 Hunchbacks and master them up.... can you sell 2 of them and still be mastered with the 1 you still have?
Yep, and even if you decide to buy one back someday you will still be mastered in it.
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

On this current challenge:

I just played my first game. Took out one of my Stalkers.

75% of the team were in lights, the rest were mediums. We rolled them, and the lights were moving so fast I never got within 1200m of a target.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

GORDON wrote:On this current challenge:

I just played my first game. Took out one of my Stalkers.

75% of the team were in lights, the rest were mediums. We rolled them, and the lights were moving so fast I never got within 1200m of a target.
Looks like this was a fluke, or is just that map. Jut played Manifold and got 8 assists pretty easily.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

I got on right after work and qualified in 2 of 3 games, then got called back to work because the cabling guys fucked up.

Too late for me to play again tonight, but I'll be on most nights between 9-9:30.

You need 100 qualifying games before the end of the month to really take maximum advantage of this challenge, but it is MUCH easier than the previous 1 kill, 1 assist, and the win requirements.

Gordo, at the very least, this can buy you those colors you were talking about.

Back to the cabling, it wound up being a canary in the server room. Threw me off at first because typically things fail out in the plant due to the corrosion and what not. Plus, I couldn't remember if there was a canary in the control room and where it would have been located. Then I remembered the ones in the server room.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

So NOT the cabling, just failed hardware your cable guys didn't supply. Cool.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

So far I am getting the 20MC in 1 out of every 5 games. Probably could do better if I tried harder.

Better than the 1 in 12 of the last challenge.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

GORDON wrote:So NOT the cabling, just failed hardware your cable guys didn't supply. Cool.
Nope, I never thought it was the cabling, I only called you and Cake because I didn't know where, if it existed, the canary was located in the control room.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Stranger

Post by Stranger »

I was able to get 11 games in yesterday after work and qualified in 8 of them. Infact, I probably had my best run of 10 games in my life, all games I used my Hunchback-4P with its 9 medium lasers on it. I figured this was the best mech to run with since its mobile and I could tag just about anybody I see within 500 meters for an assist. I didn't notice any funny tactics like all lights or LRM's on everyone, if anything it seemed like both teams were more willing to get into the mix and brawl just so they could all tag each other.

Check out my stats from those games:

Kill Asst Dmg FF Score
0 4 432 2 109
0 8 561 15 196
0 9 535 3 215
3 6 474 3 181
0 6 730 2 169
3 6 839 3 206
0 5 367 2 124
0 1 391 2 46
4 7 832 7 235
2 9 649 6 243
3 7 513 4 204

...And I did this without hardly any friendly fire.

Unfortunately this week isn't the best week for me to game so I don't know how much i'll get in over the next couple of days. Hopefully Friday night

Edited By Stranger on 1422450260
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Ha, funny, I just sold my 4P. Needed room for my 3rd Stalker. I have more fun with my other 2 Hunchbacks with the AC20/2ML and AC10/4ML.
Stranger

Post by Stranger »

I had a hard time in the beginning using the Hunchies, but I've really gotten to love the 4G and 4P especially after I got them elited. For the 4P I put the 9 lasers in 3 groups of 3 and usually just fire 3 and then the next 3 and saving my last set of 3 for the alpha strikes when I have enough heat to spare. Those 45 point alphas are great kill shots (or stealers, however you wanna look at it). At the very least someone is losing a limb.
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

I had fun last night with my Cat-K2.... once I moved my UAC-5s to chain fire. On the Mordor map we were doing a Conquest, and I happened to be the first one in the middle. An enemy lance hit the circle from one of the entrances behind a stack of crates. As soon as one would start moving around the crates to shoot at me, my chained UAC-5s would start shaking his cockpit, and he'd move back. Then the next would try immediately, and same thing, and over and over. I held 4 of them back for a good 2 or 3 minutes until an Atlas made a death rush at me. I was rocking him the whole time, but his lancemates followed, lighting me up. I killed the Atlas right as the other team killed me. I was the first one dead but did 750 points of damage, and I tied up an enemy lance while the rest of my team.... won, or sucked, whatever. Don't remember. I just remember being awesome.

Point is, the K2 on chain fire is a lot more fun, and it could be my imagination, but they seemed to jam less. They jam every 3rd or 4th shot when they alpha fire together.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

I'll be on tonight after the kids are in bed. 9-10 range.

I need some direction at the moment.

I've mastered Jenners, Centurions, Cataphracts, and the Atlas. I have at least one of each that I would use in any game without hesitation.

What should I do now?

Here's where Trooper pops in and says, "Get a clan mech!" He might not be wrong.

Should I go with a clan mech next and build up a drop ship for that side of things? It'd be fun to use them, but the downsides are that we don't fight for them, so I'd only use them in pubs, and I'd feel dirty about using them since they're OP.

So if I stick with IS mechs, what's next? This reminds me of LoL and trying to figure out what champs to roll with and what builds to go for on them. Do I want more brawlers? Maybe a sniper? Missile boat?
Stranger

Post by Stranger »

I'm kind of in the same predicament right now. I've got the Firestarter, Hunchback, Shadowhawk, Battlemaster all elited, and next will be the King Crab. After that I don't know what direction I want to go. I don't have an IS heavy that I have elited yet because I haven't fallen in love with any of them yet, but I should have one chassis elited. I've kind of been holding off for the next pass of quirks before I commit to one, PGI has said wave 2 of quirks are coming soon but I haven't heard an exact date yet. This will change a lot of the IS mechs that got really generic or bad quirks from the first pass.

I know you like playing them brawlers Leisher, I do too, I feel much more at home brawling. I'd just suggest that you can cover drop decks of varying weights as PGI has said they will have different drop weights for different planets. Also, you'll want to be able to have short and long range mechs in each weight class, because if at some point we know what planets we are dropping and we need long range then you don't want to bring a deck full of brawlers. My initial goal was to have 2 chassis for each weight class mastered before I moved on to Clans. With each weight class having some brawlers, snipers and LRM's just so I would have all my bases covered.
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

I might look into the Ravens. They're fast as hell and that ECM one interests me. I think loading one up as a spotter could be fun now that we've got a missile boat guy playing a lot.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Right now I am 1:2.8 in getting qualifying games.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Started working my 3rd Stalker. This thing can put 60 LRMs in the air at once.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

That's hot.

Now I'm really toying with the idea of getting that Raven with the ECM. He comes with a Beagle probe, TAG, and NARC too...

Edited By Leisher on 1422587188