Random Funny Internet Things (not pictures)

Stuff we should click on.  Be sure to state Not Work Safe, if applicable.  KTHX.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

I thought I was agreeing with you?
GORDON wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 7:40 pm So he's a good coach. But nobody is going to say Mickey could beat Rocky's ass just because he trained him.
But Rocky did beat Tommy's ass, so...
GORDON wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 7:40 pm I say these people are not musicians, if they can't play an instrument.... or, at the very least, can't sing without autotune.
Anyway, I think you're making a hell of a point. If someone can't sing or play an instrument, are they a musician or a composer? I'm thinking you are right and they're composers.

Does rap count?
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

This is cool, but wouldn't that be unhealthy? BPAs and whatnot?
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

In 1983ish we (boy scouts) boiled water in a paper milk carton by placing it directly on hot campfire coals.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Sun May 07, 2023 10:39 pm This is cool, but wouldn't that be unhealthy? BPAs and whatnot?
I would certainly think so.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

This is excellent policing
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Bear spray takes the fight right out of you.

Between wilding and shoplifting, pretty soon there won't be any businesses within 5 miles of a >50% black neighborhood, and everyone will pretend to not know why beyond "racism."
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Don't cheat!!! If you do you're pretty sad because this shit is easy.

#1 is the right answer.
But the best answer is what the top response points out: None, they're all blue.

This is really cool, super tacky, and makes me wonder how long before they're broke.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Sun Jun 11, 2023 7:18 pm Don't cheat!!! If you do you're pretty sad because this shit is easy.
I've always been good at those since the Tapper days.
Leisher wrote: Sun Jun 11, 2023 7:18 pm This is really cool, super tacky, and makes me wonder how long before they're broke.
I don't know, but how do I get an invite?
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Sun Jun 11, 2023 9:41 pm I've always been good at those since the Tapper days.
Great pull.
Troy

Post by Troy »

Read online that the incident the Americans call "The Battle of Mogadishu" or "Black Hawk Down" the Somalis call "The Day of the Rangers"

Which a way more badass name for that engagement and we should all use that instead.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Were they all rangers? I thought the one guys were SEALs?
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

You might be thinking of...................................... zero dark thirty? There was some other movie where a rando SEAL was helping out a squad of newish... Marines? on patrol.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Had to go to Google.

5 SEALs were on the ground in Somalia. Delta Force was there along with lots of Rangers. (I will have to watch the movie again because I thought SEALs died in the movie and according to my surfing the 5 SEALs all died, but 6 Deltas were lost.)

Based on light surfing, I cannot figure out Rangers versus regular soldiers on the ground. Were ALL the guys not SFs, Rangers?
Troy

Post by Troy »

From what I recall - Rangers were the security for the operation, initially setting up a 4 point perimeter. Seal/Delta were doing the prisoner scoop and also providing sniper cover on helicopters. Think it was all special operators, from the SOAR dudes, to the Delta snipers. At least initially. They rang
up the UN/10th mountain for armor to pull everyone out.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Thank you Troy. Also...I had a BIG typo below. All 5 SEALs survived. All earned Silver Stars too.
Leisher wrote: Mon Jun 12, 2023 2:10 pm (I will have to watch the movie again because I thought SEALs died in the movie and according to my surfing the 5 SEALs all died, but 6 Deltas were lost.)
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Pro Tip: Let go.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

I always thought this was urban legend.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Sun Jul 09, 2023 11:54 pm I always thought this was urban legend.
Sadly people really do pee in pools.

But yes, afaik, the blue is fake.