MLB

Hey look a dedicated forum for sports stuff, sanctioned by the President of Sports.  Hail Shiva.
Malcolm

Re: MLB

Post by Malcolm »

Who's the next "longest drought" team? It can't come close to the Cubs.
After the two perennial losers in there now? The next six teams on the list (Rangers, Astros, Brewers, Padres, Nationals, Mariners) haven't ever won a world series title, and Texas leads the way with 56 winless years. The Pirates won their last title in '79 with Willie Stargell and Dock Ellis (pitcher with the greatest no-hitter of all-time).
Diogenes of Sinope: "It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours."
Arnold Judas Rimmer, BSC, SSC: "Better dead than smeg."
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

This game is already interesting.
Diogenes of Sinope: "It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours."
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Guess who Strat-O-Matic predicted to win game 6?
The old Strat-O-Matic may have gotten the numbers right but teams reversed. Grand slam, baby.
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

The Cubs used everything last night, Cleveland used nothing.

That's actually an interesting take. If Chicago wants to win this series they now have to go through all of Cleveland's best arms, and they're all rested.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Maddon did make some pitching decisions I'd call stupid, especially with a 5-run lead most of the game. Until Arrieta is loses it, let him pitch. He's a legit ace and an 18-game winner.
If Chicago wants to win this series they now have to go through all of Cleveland's best arms, and they're all rested.
The leash on both starters has to be about zero. Could see an All-Star game level of changes on the mound.
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

2 box seats go for 50K on Stubhub.
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Pickoff and the slowest human being in baseball trying to stretch a long single into a double. At this rate, game could be very quick.
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

OMFG. Someone needs to tell Chicago's retarded middle infielders that motherfucking gloves were invented so you didn't fuck up barehanding the ball so much. Second fucking time tonight.
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Kluber's about done.
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Say goodnight, Gracie.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

(And, sorry, Stranger, but this is how it had to be)
It's not me, it's someone else.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

[video][/video]
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

It wouldn't be Cleveland if anything else had happened.

Finally break your curse by overcoming a 3-1 deficit, and then turn around and lose when you're up 3-1.

They had a great season though.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

I just got off the ouija board with David Carradine. We were talking about the World Series this year and he remarked, "And I thought I choked pretty badly..."
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »