MLB

Hey look a dedicated forum for sports stuff, sanctioned by the President of Sports.  Hail Shiva.
Stranger

Re: MLB

Post by Stranger »

WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

I guess they've already shot this down.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Malcolm wrote:Looks like the World Series is going to be LA v. Toronto.
Good prediction there.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Stranger

Post by Stranger »

What a day for Cleveland. Game one of the World Series and the Cavs get their championship rings and unveil the banner in game one of the season right next door!

GO TRIBE!!!!
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Good luck tonight!
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

At this point, I'm pulling for the Cubs. Cleveland already got it's championship.
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

The World Series is really paralleling the election, right down to the blue and red.
Diogenes of Sinope: "It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours."
Arnold Judas Rimmer, BSC, SSC: "Better dead than smeg."
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Malcolm wrote:The World Series is really paralleling the election, right down to the blue and red.
Poor Cleveland.
Stranger

Post by Stranger »

I'd say its paralleling the NBA Finals of last year. Its the lowly Cleveland vs the mighty team with the best regular season record that everybody loves. Cleveland is once again the underdog and nobody expects them to win. I wouldn't be surprised if the Indians go down 1-3 and pull off the last 3 in a row just to really shove it in everybody's face.

Cleveland vs the world.. LETS GO!!
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

One day, when archaeologists, human or otherwise, of centuries and millennia hence probe the remains of our society, they'll no doubt unearth the skeletons of our current cities. When they get to LA, they'll figure out it was where most of the big-screen entertainment people lived. When they get to Hartford, they'll figure out it was where most of the insurance industry was. When they get to godforsaken husk of Cleveland (yeah, redundant), they'll conclude it was a congregation of American untouchables that slowly accreted over time.
Diogenes of Sinope: "It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours."
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

It had to be the fucking Cubs. The only team in baseball with a longer history of sucking than Cleveland.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Malcolm wrote:It had to be the fucking Cubs. The only team in baseball with a longer history of sucking than Cleveland.
I was wondering how you were going to try to spin things if Cleveland won the series...
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Chicago was insane last night. Throngs of people, most every bar filled, and I saw about 10 buses packed full of cops heading to Wrigley right before the game let out.
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Malcolm wrote:Chicago was insane last night. Throngs of people, most every bar filled, and I saw about 10 buses packed full of cops heading to Wrigley right before the game let out.
17 killed, 42 injured over the weekend.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Nobody cares. Unless it's cops killing someone. Who cares about black on black violence.

In related news, a journalist compares pitching to shooting...in Chicago.
Stranger

Post by Stranger »

Cleveland has a 141 day championship drought... Time to end that shit tonight!!!!!
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Good luck tonight.

I'm genuinely worried for you guys because there is an "OIC" karma event in play.

Those Cavs rings mocking the Warriors losing after being up 3-1...I hope that doesn't anger the sports gods.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

I REALLY want the Cubs to win, sorry Stranger. But... whatever, it's just baseball. Wake me up when Cleveland wins a real sport.
Stranger

Post by Stranger »

Remember that old baseball boardgame Strat-O-matic? Well it nailed the outcome and damn near the scores of the first five games of the World Series.

Guess who Strat-O-Matic predicted to win game 6?

http://www.cbssports.com/mlb/news/cubs- ... of-game-6/
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Let's just let Strat-O-Matic run the playoffs from now on so we don't have to preempt actually entertaining shows. :D

I want the Tribe to win for my family, and I'll bet you a paycheck that MLB does too. Why? Because ratings are sky high as the Cubs are a great story that has the MSM circle jerking each other. The Cubs have the team to return for the next few years, so if the Indians win this year, it just means MLB might get a repeat of these ratings next year.

And let's be honest, baseball has no other compelling stories waiting to be told yet. Who's the next "longest drought" team? It can't come close to the Cubs.