NFL

Hey look a dedicated forum for sports stuff, sanctioned by the President of Sports.  Hail Shiva.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 11:20 am Announcers: Nice reception by Kelce. Me: That's Not Kelce. My wife: See, I told you you could do this better than they do.
To be fair to Romo, that was Nance. I did hear Romo say, "What a play by Joey Bosa!" I thought, "Wow, it was a great play considering Joey plays for the Chargers."

Nance and Romo's opening bit where they're standing and introducing themselves and the game is always so fucking awkward.

Romo used to get so much more in depth and technical. I wonder if someone asked him to tone it down because he was giving away too much?
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 2:45 pm Romo used to get so much more in depth and technical. I wonder if someone asked him to tone it down because he was giving away too much?
Maybe. But his one REALLY nice observation was a technical one. and i was like "Huh, I did not notice that"
It's not me, it's someone else.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

Steelers dump their shit punter and Trubisky.

Lots of talk about the Steelers wanting a name at QB to compete with Picket and Tomlin wanting Fields (who actually would work well in Arthur Smith's offense).
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

Most watched SB ever.

This is only going to fuel the conspiracy theorists.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 9:24 am Most watched SB ever.

This is only going to fuel the conspiracy theorists.
C1: How many viewers should we say it had?
C2: Uh, I dunno.
C1: I'll just put 1234 here as a placeholder.
C2: OK, I'll put that on my to do list to see...
123.4M
oops.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

McCaffrey's TD should not have counted.

But, I'm posting this because of this line:
"Jake Brendel, the center of the San Francisco 49ers, should have been called for an illegal man downfield. This touchdown should not have counted," Esiason said.

Esiason didn't provide any reason as to why he believed Brendel should be ineligible, though a touchdown-nullifying penalty would have made a low-scoring first half even more so.
This must be how yall feel about news reporters and guns.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 9:58 am This must be how yall feel about news reporters and guns.
Journalism is dead.

In NFL news, Steelers Twitter is saying the Steelers are the current favorites to land Justin Fields and Tomlin loves him. We'll see if all this smoke goes anywhere.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Spags gets extension

This being SI, and based the the earlier article I was looking for a line that said
The KC Chiefs did not mention interviewing other candidates at this time.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

?
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 12:16 pm?
The whole "didn't mention why the Center would be ineligible" comment. I expected some dumb statement about other candidates, when there would OBVIOUSLY be other candidates.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

You have lost me sir.

I get the "Center would be ineligible" thing because that was dumb as hell. (Is this the same reporter who asked Bowles how he's preparing the team to play in Detroit weather?)

However, there wouldn't be other candidates in a contract extension? Oh wait, his contract expired, so he was technically a free agent. Gotcha.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 12:25 pm However, there wouldn't be other candidates in a contract extension? Oh wait, his contract expired, so he was technically a free agent. Gotcha.
It was SI, so same news outlet. no idea if same writer. Probably a fucking AI.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 1:00 pm Probably a fucking AI.
True story.

It's going to be easier than ever to control the news.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Shots fired at KC celebration
Several people were struck after shots were fired near Union Station, where crowds had gathered Wednesday to celebrate the Kansas City Chiefs’ Super Bowl win, police said.

Two armed people were taken into custody, police said.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

"near" KC celebration, not at.

My bet is drunks getting into a fight after leaving.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

There's a lot of red + people there for "near," but good on those people for jumping on a shooter.