NFL

Hey look a dedicated forum for sports stuff, sanctioned by the President of Sports.  Hail Shiva.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

Tepper fined $350K for being a child.

Is he the new "worst owner in the league"?

Got to be him or Spanos, right?
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Well, with Snyder gone... yes.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

Ravens benching Lamar.

Obviously the right move. He's your whole offense and Steelers-Ravens games get nasty. Protect him for the playoffs.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

Kelce will deserve the HOF.

Will his brother? I'm thinking yes. TEs have shorter careers, so they have to dominate when they're at they're peak. I think it's safe to say he has.

Him, Gronk, A Gonzalez...I don't think there's another TE anytime recently that would deserve it?
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

"Best coordinators" named.

As voted on by players, so LARGE grain of salt...

What makes the list credible:
No Steelers' coordinators.

What makes the list uncredible:
No Jim Schwartz
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 6:03 pm Will his brother? I'm thinking yes. TEs have shorter careers, so they have to dominate when they're at they're peak. I think it's safe to say he has.
Absolutely.
Leisher wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 6:03 pm Him, Gronk, A Gonzalez...I don't think there's another TE anytime recently that would deserve it?
Kittle?
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

If he gives us another 2-3 years, yes. He's had pretty big stretches of disappearing. The others have been far more dominant.
Cakedaddy

NFL

Post by Cakedaddy »

Would Gronk have been as good as he was without the GOAT?
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

Cakedaddy wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 10:45 pm Would Gronk have been as good as he was without the GOAT?
Yes. Brady had nothing to do with Gronk's physical skills.

Now would he have the stats without Belichick and the coaching staff? Maybe not. Yes, he'd be as physically good, but perhaps he wouldn't have been as featured in the offense. Ask Kyle Pitts' fantasy owners about that.

Ultimately, it's all about getting the right players in the right systems. I have zero doubt that great players have been lost to time thanks to them being stuck on terrible teams or just in the wrong eras.

On this topic, if Drew Bledsoe doesn't get hurt do we ever find out about Brady?
Cakedaddy

NFL

Post by Cakedaddy »

Leisher wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 11:51 pm great players have been lost to time thanks to them being stuck on terrible teams
Barry Sanders :(

Not that he's lost to time, etc. But what a different career he could have had.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

Sanders is a great example.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

SNOW FOOTBALL! Too bad this game is basically worthless.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

I'm watching the Lions, so dome football.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2024 1:27 pm I'm watching the Lions, so dome football.
Bleck. And that's why they'll never win a Super Bowl.

Go Pats, Cards, and Cowboys.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

Go Titans because I guess if we're going to have a winning season and get a crap draft pick, we might as well make the playoffs for once.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2024 2:48 pm Go Titans because I guess if we're going to have a winning season and get a crap draft pick, we might as well make the playoffs for once.
Toughest division in all of football, scrub QBs all year, and still a playoff spot! #GOAT
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

Love that he didn't put Watson on there.

Other news:

Tomlin backdoors into the playoffs.

Jags were 8-3 and finished at 9-8. Trevor Lawrence is getting dragged on X right now, rightfully so.

Jake Browning's GF has been a hot topic on Twitter
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

TheCatt wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2023 6:14 pm
Leisher wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2023 3:52 pm True, but I mean the disregard for the Browns. They're a legit team.
!Rmindme 1/8/2024
Leisher 1, Chase 0.