NFL

Hey look a dedicated forum for sports stuff, sanctioned by the President of Sports.  Hail Shiva.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

I no longer know what targeting, a catch, or a defenseless WR is.

Good job NFL and college football! Way to enforce consistency in officiating.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

7-7 with the Bengals next, then @Seattle and @Baltimore.

Need to lose the next two because Baltimore might not be playing for anything. Then the "never had a losing season" nonsense can end.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Let's go Pats, Cards, and Rams!
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

Parlay?
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2023 1:23 pmParlay?
Yeah, for them all to lose, if I'm cheering for them :(
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2023 6:28 pm Got $.50? You can buy a ticket to see the Falcons @ Panthers.
I forgot the huge rainstorm was coming through today. Just turned the game on, no shots of the "crowd" yet.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Quick, someone check on Stranger after that hail mary.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2023 7:32 pm Dalvin Cook to the Jets.

The Jets better score points next year.
HAH

3rd lowest scoring O this year.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2023 7:49 pm
Leisher wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2023 7:32 pm Dalvin Cook to the Jets.

The Jets better score points next year.
HAH

3rd lowest scoring O this year.
To be fair, they lost their HOF QB in the first series of the first game.

That 40 year old QB is ready to come back already!!!
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

In the secondary league, where the universe ass raped me (see a post above), the #1 team that put up 40 points last week to let the other guy make the playoffs has put up 140 this week. Meanwhile, the guy who got in over me is getting beat down and I would have won by 10 (his opponent has no players left).

FF is stupid.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2023 11:24 pmFF is stupid.
My #1 scoring team has collapsed, and been in the bottom 3 2 weeks in a row. I'm on a bye this week, but I'm dead.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

Tay Tay got mad at the officials.

So did my wife who watches now just because of Taylor. I laughed at her objection because it was blatantly clear that Kelce flopped.

------------------------------------------------------

In other news, the bloom seems to be truly off the Tomlin rose. He's getting blasted for not kicking a 50 yard FG with a potential HOF kicker and 18 minutes to go down 11. Tomlin defended himself by blaming the QB play.

I think most fans are over his schtick. It all comes down to when the owner grows a spine.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Panthers stadium was pretty empty.
Leisher wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2023 10:32 am Tay Tay got mad at the officials.
"FLAG" ;)
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

You think she said "flag", not "fuck"?

Mason Rudolph gets the start against the Bengals.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2023 12:54 pm You think she said "flag", not "fuck"?
I mean it's possible she said something other than fuck.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2023 1:00 pm
Leisher wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2023 12:54 pm You think she said "flag", not "fuck"?
I mean it's possible she said something other than fuck.
I think you are right. Also, does "fuck" even fit the situation? "Flag" does.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

Leisher wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2023 5:48 pm Steelers-Colts game

Throw to Pittman who has to basically dive/slide to get the ball. Kazie comes in to defend and leads with the shoulder. He completely turns his head away. Pittman gets nailed, but the hit, from the only angle we're shown, seems to hit Pittman in the side. Flags come in from everywhere. 15 yards for unnecessary roughing and Kazie is ejected?!

UPDATE: While typing this they finally showed a different angle. Seriously, the first 5 minutes they didn't even show a replay, let alone a different angle.

It looks like Kazie hit Pittman in the shoulder/chest, but it was so fast, I completely understand thinking he hit his head. However, there was no replay at all. The booth never looked at it.

So I have questions:
1. Is the WR considered defenseless in that moment, thus the call, and it doesn't matter where the DB hits?
2. There's no review ala college before an ejection?

They didn't even bring in the ref in the booth to explain.
Suspended for the rest of the year (I did not know he had 5 priors) by this guy:
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

32. Carolina Panthers (2-12)
Week 15 ranking: 32

We're No. 1 ... in fewest fourth-quarter plays with a lead.

The number is 0. This is how the team has an NFL-worst record. It's an odd stat because both of Carolina's wins, including Sunday against Atlanta, came on walk-off field goals. The Panthers also are tied for first in successful two-point conversions (2-for-2; 100%), but having no plays with the lead in the fourth quarter pretty much sums up this season. -- David Newton
The Panthers have won 2 games, never having a 4th quarter lead.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

That's actually kind of cool.

Also, last night's game was great.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »