Albion Online

Mostly PC, but console and mobile too
Stranger

Albion Online

Post by Stranger »

I don't currently have premium because i already pay for WoW premium. Might let that go for a few months and get premium when the WoW sub expires.

I think with premium and getting into higher level zones your silver income really starts to ramp up. Just gotta be careful about blowing your wad on high level gear. Which is much easier said than done..
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
TheCatt
Site Admin

Albion Online

Post by TheCatt »

If buying premium, it looks like the starter packs are the same price, but include a skin and some gold.
It's not me, it's someone else.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Albion Online

Post by TheCatt »

I made yall builders or whatever on my island. So you should be able to visit, there's not much to do at the moment.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Albion Online

Post by TheCatt »

9 plots (1 farm) of carrots: 16,416 silver of carrot seeds

Used 9k of focus to increase the yield.

Got: 18 seeds of carrots (est sale value of 30k) and 82 carrots (work about 30k also) and 2 worms. Took 22 hours.

Going to try wheat next.

Feels a little like I'm playing Farmville, though.

Focus cost (originally 1k per plot) goes down as you farm more.
Cakedaddy

Albion Online

Post by Cakedaddy »

TheCatt wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 7:52 am I play with limits. So for me, the limit is premium. But that came with 500 gold,
So you got 500 gold with the standard premium 30 day sub? Those bundles come with a skin but only 150 gold. We don't see anything that says premium comes with 500 gold.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Albion Online

Post by TheCatt »

Cakedaddy wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 6:31 pm
TheCatt wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 7:52 am I play with limits. So for me, the limit is premium. But that came with 500 gold,
So you got 500 gold with the standard premium 30 day sub? Those bundles come with a skin but only 150 gold. We don't see anything that says premium comes with 500 gold.
I did the 3 month. Figured it was slightly cheaper, and even if we quit playing, it's not a big loss.
Cakedaddy

Albion Online

Post by Cakedaddy »

Ahh. Ok. That's what she's looking at too. Also, I thought premium would be for all your characters. You have to buy it for each one! Which we aren't doing. Might eventually do a $5 7 day premium to unlock houses on the other characters, but wouldn't maintain it.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Albion Online

Post by TheCatt »

Cakedaddy wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 7:00 pm Also, I thought premium would be for all your characters. You have to buy it for each one! Which we aren't doing. Might eventually do a $5 7 day premium to unlock houses on the other characters, but wouldn't maintain it.
You have to buy a 30 day premium to get an island, iirc.
https://wiki.albiononline.com/wiki/Premium
Ability to buy a player island (with a minimum 30 days' Premium)
Cakedaddy

Albion Online

Post by Cakedaddy »

Their other page says 7 days:

https://wiki.albiononline.com/wiki/Player_Island

To purchase an Island, a player must have at least 7 days' Premium time. 30 days of Premium may be purchased with in-game currency or via the Albion Online Shop. 7 Days of Premium can ONLY be purchased in the Shop. After confirming that the character has a Premium subscription, you will need to locate an Island Merchant by locating the vendor with a palm beach sign.
Cakedaddy

Albion Online

Post by Cakedaddy »

Also, this guy Streams a lot, is part of the loot drop program, and is constantly giving away premium subs. I haven't won yet though.

www.t witch.tv/holyjckimjack

This guy does too, but has entry restrictions (you earn entries by watching or something). But he's got a decent personality and engages with his chat.

www.t witch.tv/bernstonetv_twitch

I broke the links because it put streaming windows in the thread and was super invasive. Just remove the space.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Albion Online

Post by TheCatt »

How do you get the drops? Do you have to pay attention and do something?
Cakedaddy

Albion Online

Post by Cakedaddy »

They work the same as Rust. . . which I'm not sure you play. . .

https://albiononline.com/news/twitch-drops

You just have to have them on. They are 95% minimized for me.
Cakedaddy

Albion Online

Post by Cakedaddy »

I started a guild: The Knights Of Vindication

Invited everyone.

Bought a guild island, which I did not need premium for. So that's cool. But it's way more expensive to buy and build on. The island was 102k. Not sure how much buildings are going to cost. It's outside of Lymhurst.

What makes guild island different from private?
No farm plots
More building plots
Guild hall which is like a large house with lots of storage chests
Has a bank
Can have a private market to buy/sell with members only
Arena to practice tactics in
More laborers available

That being said. The only thing we have right now is a bank. Still learning how to build the hall.
Cakedaddy

Albion Online

Post by Cakedaddy »

I can set a guild tax. Not sure if that taxes loot, or market items. Might be why everyone tries to get you to join their guild!

Also. Catt. This time, we aren't going to defeat our enemies by giving everything to them and joining them. We are going to fight them and either die trying, or come out victorious. There will be NO diplomatic "victories"!
TheCatt
Site Admin

Albion Online

Post by TheCatt »

Cakedaddy wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 9:19 pm You just have to have them on. They are 95% minimized for me.
OK, got it. I got, 3 community tokens. yaaayyy.
Cakedaddy wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 9:28 pm The island was 102k. Not sure how much buildings are going to cost.
Yeah, I guess this is why guilds have taxes?

I got 3 laborers today. I dont quite understand the journal system, but we'll see what happens.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Albion Online

Post by TheCatt »

Cakedaddy wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 10:02 pm Also. Catt. This time, we aren't going to defeat our enemies by giving everything to them and joining them. We are going to fight them and either die trying, or come out victorious. There will be NO diplomatic "victories"!
Diplomacy is the only victory!
Cakedaddy wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 10:02 pm I can set a guild tax. Not sure if that taxes loot, or market items. Might be why everyone tries to get you to join their guild!
I know it taxes loot. Unsure about market.
Cakedaddy

Albion Online

Post by Cakedaddy »

TheCatt wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 10:02 pm I got 3 laborers today.
Video I just watched says you should have all the same laborers. Mixing and matching makes it difficult to keep them happy. I'm also wondering:

If I have 5 ore laborers, do they all "proc" while I'm mining, or just one at a time? When you are out collecting and part of a guild, does it "proc" both your personal and the guild laborers?
TheCatt
Site Admin

Albion Online

Post by TheCatt »

I got 3 ore laborers.

I used this guide today to set it up: https://store.steampowered.com/news/app ... 8384157613

But I'm still confused.
Cakedaddy

Albion Online

Post by Cakedaddy »

Ok, I understand more.

I did mercenary laborers. I can buy the merc book and carry them with me. As I kill stuff and earn fame points, the book is filled with an equivalent amount of fame. It fills one book at a time. I was carrying two books. The first T3 monster I killed filled the first book completely, and half of the second. Testing, I killed some wolves and that fame went in there too. I filled the books and tried to put them on my laborer. I don't have any beds, etc, so he wasn't happy. He also didn't take my book (don't remember the message), not sure if they are related. At this point, I picked up the laborers because I need to upgrade my island and hall to accommodate higher tier stuff. I'm still at the first level. I'm almost out of silver though after buying upgrade materials and won't be able to go to level 3 on my island until I sell some gold (that I still need to get. . .). With less than 1 million invested, I'll be able to start generating passive income. At Tier 5, everything, I'm told (via YouTuge) that a personal Island can generate 250k silver a day. I guild island should generate more because it can have more laborers. But upgrading everything is WAY more expensive.

But anyway, for your journals, just carry them while mining. Carry a few. When they are full (won't take long at our levels), hand them off to your laborers. 22 hours later, they return with materials and they should level up to level 3 (according to YouTube). So make sure you have T3 beds, tables, and trophies ready.

Speaking of mining, there are mining clothes you should be wearing that increase yield, and fame. There are clothes for all the gathering skills.
Cakedaddy

Albion Online

Post by Cakedaddy »

Oh, by the way. As I'm upgrading the guild island, to buy a personal island, it tells me I need 4 more days of premium. Implying 7 days is enough.