A look at the latest nominee

Comment threads from front page posts.
Vince

Post by Vince »

And the point is that a non-diverce Germany kicked the shit out of all of Europe. Without the US intervention, Germany probably wouldn't have lost.
You're saying Hitler (one of the worst tacticians in history) could've accomplished what Napoleon failed to do?
If the U.S. hadn't jumped in? Maybe. If we hadn't jumped in and he hadn't pissed off Russia? Definitely.
"... and then I was forced to walk the Trail of Tears." - Elizabeth Warren
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

There's more than a few maybes in there.

I got historical fact that no one, including one of the scholar-acknowledged great generals in Western history, has successfully invaded & subdued the entirety of modern Russia.

Edited By Malcolm on 1131343788
Diogenes of Sinope: "It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours."
Arnold Judas Rimmer, BSC, SSC: "Better dead than smeg."
Vince

Post by Vince »

There's more than a few maybes in there.

I got historical fact that no one, including one of the scholar-acknowledged great generals in Western history, has successfully invaded & subdued the entirety of modern Russia.
Is Russia considered part of Europe? Really don't know. Thought they weren't.

Back on topic, I'm waiting for the abortion issue to come in full force for this nominee.
"... and then I was forced to walk the Trail of Tears." - Elizabeth Warren
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Had Hitler listened to Rommell, U.S. intervention or not, things would have turned out differently.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
DoctorChaos

Post by DoctorChaos »

Had Hitler listened to Rommell, U.S. intervention or not, things would have turned out differently.
Yeah, and had we listened to Patton there would have been no Berlin Wall, maybe no atomic bomb used on Japan.
Wadda mean? Other people can read this?!