ArcheAge - Formerly: "So I've been playing..."

For sooper seekrit League of Legends, <s>UO</s> <s>EVE</s> talk <s>and Diplomacy</s>.
Troy

Post by Troy »

It told me > 1h

An hour ago.

990 on patron queue.

Edited By Troy on 1411012386
Troy

Post by Troy »

Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Logged on at 6:30 p.m. with over 3k in the queue.

Logging off at 1 a.m. with 499 still in the queue.

Fun game.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Troy

Post by Troy »

Here's how the neighborhood is coming along. Many less scaffoldings and many more large farms.

Hey holy shit here's a open spot for a small farm right next to my house.
(i assume this, I wonder if the stairs block it - there are small farms either side though)

Edited By Troy on 1411017493
Troy

Post by Troy »

Stranger sent you some phat loot trade quests materials.

IF anyone else starts doing the trade quest, let me know your ingame name and I'll supply you with what I have extra. I'll also give out packs of recall stones if wanted.

Edited By Troy on 1411020852
Troy

Post by Troy »

Troy

Post by Troy »

Got pked by 10 dudes when I explored cinderstone.

5m do nothing buff and can't recall either. gonna wait it out and recall back and call it

Edited By Troy on 1411021316
Stranger

Post by Stranger »

Troy wrote:Stranger sent you some phat loot trade quests materials.

IF anyone else starts doing the trade quest, let me know your ingame name and I'll supply you with what I have extra. I'll also give out packs of recall stones if wanted.
Yes i saw that. I got on this morning to gather my grapes because i was about 10 short and i saw you sent me those. Thanks! saved me a little time.

But holy hell do i need a donkey. Even waiting for the carriage rides it took quite a while to deliver the goods. How do i go about getting a donkey?

I feel bad for you F2P peeps, i can't believe 5-6 hour que's! thats just unacceptable. I can handle 2 hours cause i can turn it on in the evening and walk away and be ready to go when the kids are asleep. But 5-6..
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
Troy

Post by Troy »

Trade quest 3 gives you the donkey.

They make you trudge in slow motion through the first few trade quests before you get it, probably so you appreciate it!
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Got pked by 10 dudes when I explored cinderstone.

5m do nothing buff and can't recall either. gonna wait it out and recall back and call it

What was the result of you getting PKed? What were the consequences?

Also, it's not 5-6 hours to get in, it's 5-6 hours later and I'm still not in and have to log for the night because I have to sleep. 2 hours would be unacceptable, more so if I was a paying customer.

This is easily one of the worst MMO launches I've ever heard of with SimCity 4 being the absolute worst. I wonder if and how they'll make amends.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Stranger wrote:But holy hell do i need a donkey... How do i go about getting a donkey?
Pervert.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Stranger

Post by Stranger »

Pervert.

Im always looking for some ass.. Gotta get me some ass!

2 hours would be unacceptable

2 hours IS unacceptable, but since it has just launched and i don't usually play until 9pm anyways, i can somewhat accept it and make it work. But, if it's still like this a month from now i'm gonna be full on pissed!

I wonder if and how they'll make amends

So far the only thing they have done is extend our patron status 4 days to make up for the headstart.
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
Troy

Post by Troy »

Loss of XP, that 5m buff where you can't recall, maybe some other stuff when you get higher levels.
Stranger

Post by Stranger »

Also when you PK someone in an area that is during "war time" the killer gets honor points. So you've gotta be careful walking through those areas at that time because it attracts all of the PvP peeps looking to get those points.

During a time of "tension" players don't earn honor points for PK'ing, but the more kills that happen in that area promote that region into "war time".

So unless you have a trade pack your loss from getting PK'ed isn't too bad. You might lose honor points though, not sure about that. But the gain for a PK can be good cause honor points can buy some really good gear.

Edited By Stranger on 1411054973
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
Troy

Post by Troy »

I'm liking how my characters seems to be turning out. Jump into your face and bash you over the head with stuns and knockdowns. It's super fun.

10v1 the mages just whacked me as I ran off though, there is some spell involving a giant earth fist that can grab you or something?
Stranger

Post by Stranger »

so are you playing two characters then? both Blighters?

I've been going with the Stonearrow build myself. Archery, Shadowplay, and defense so its very much like your Blighter but only with a bow. I like that i can play from a distance and still be tanky. If anyone gets close to me i can shield bash, bullrush and backflip to stun, knock over and get away. Yes, i carry a sword and shield along with my bow.
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
Troy

Post by Troy »

*character

Troy is only 2 classes right now, no third chosen yet. I only used him for the property. He shoots fire and ice arrows.

Edited By Troy on 1411062251
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

My character is a lie.
Stranger

Post by Stranger »

Leisher wrote:My character is a lie.
u need to be able to remotely access your computer and que up. I know there are ways to do this but i don't know what it takes.
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
Troy

Post by Troy »

Open evening and rest day for me. Will *try* to MMO hard.

Edited By Troy on 1411071016