Rust - Secret hideout plans

For sooper seekrit League of Legends, <s>UO</s> <s>EVE</s> talk <s>and Diplomacy</s>.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Have yall tried to talk to people on the server or what-not? Bubblepop just tried to friend me on Steam. Vacus(?) was talking to me earlier. And someone voice talked me without shooting me. Can't remember who that was.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Troy

Post by Troy »

I've mostly been a recluse, building the base and not making friends. Not having a mic on the laptop didn't help.

Figured I'd end up killing everyone anyway. Diplomat away, just don't give up the base location, other than our neighbors to the east (who I think were the raiders last few times) It's pretty quiet.

Edited By Troy on 1392926034
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

I found the house on TRU server.

That's a different server than the DTM one correct?
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Yes, this is a pvp, C4 server that Troy and Cake have been playing on. With our server down, I joined them.
Troy

Post by Troy »

I started on it just to kill people and managed to kill enough dudes worth of resources to build a base. Just kept building after that.

There is a 1 minute delay on backpack looting too, so I hoovered up a bunch of after-firefight resources too.

I fully expect to get wiped out at any point, there are some big houses on the server.

Edited By Troy on 1392928036
Cakedaddy

Post by Cakedaddy »

Made a 1x1 straight NW of the house. Moved a bunch of metal, half the ammo, a couple MP5s, pistols and a shotgun. Med kits and a few other misc items over there. I made a sleeping bag there as well. Took screen shots while running out and back so I don't forget where I put it. :-)
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Bruxy has been accused of using an aimbot. 4 guys were raiding his house, and all got killed. It was nighttime, Bruxy just says he's a good shot and "they were using flashlights" All 4 died of headshots. Bruxy "Your heads were only part visible"

Just FYI. The foursome rage-left the game afterwards, no idea if they quit. They lost full kevlar suits + weapons.

Edited By TheCatt on 1392938264
Troy

Post by Troy »

Broxy? I thought he was a semi-server admin. Bruxy might be his hacker alt.

People were talking about how good Broxy was early on in the server. I wonder if it wasn't skill after all.

Made a 1x1 straight NW of the house. Moved a bunch of metal, half the ammo, a couple MP5s, pistols and a shotgun. Med kits and a few other misc items over there. I made a sleeping bag there as well. Took screen shots while running out and back so I don't forget where I put it. :-)

I heard that the hacking ESPs can't see inside furnaces, only boxes. Another layer of protection maybe.

Edited By Troy on 1392940166
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Yes, Broxy. He's either really good, or cheating.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Word on the street: Reset coming 2/21.
Troy

Post by Troy »

Guess I'm coming back from dinner and killing everyone I see.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

TRU reset. I built a shack near where we had the house, but a bit more on the north side. I can't find it. I forgot to set the door code, please dont' hack it up :)
Troy

Post by Troy »

How is your ping to that server? Mine and Cake's were both 150+, so we were going to look for a new "pvp" one that was wiped tomorrow but has a better ping.

Edited By Troy on 1392959359
Cakedaddy

Post by Cakedaddy »

Had a pretty good night of PvP on the new server. I made the suggestion to hunt resource hunters, instead of hitting the towns and hunting town hunters. They are normally better armed and stuff. I want the easy unarmed guys! So we started heading over to Coast Resources. Just as we enter the woods at the bottom our our mountain, I spot a guy laying on the ground and call it out. Troy says "No, he's running!" I turn to see him chasing after a guy. I join the chase as they go behind a rock. I hear a ton of gun fire. I came around the rock to see Troy still chasing and our target running along a rock. I take aim ahead of the guy and as he enters my sights, I squeeze off a shot. Down he goes. Troy softened him up, I finished him off. He had a couple guns and resources. Good start! We continue our journey and immediately find another guy. Troy runs right up to him and blasts him in the face with a full auto MP5. The guy went down pretty quick. He had a ton of resources on him. We decided to dump our loot being that we were still so close to home.

We set out for trip two. Troy spots a guy at the bottom of our hill and is taking aim. Then the guy lays down! Troy kills and loots him. A bunch of resources again. We continue the hunt. We made it all the way to coastal resources, (I can't remember if we killed anyone on the way) and it was getting dark. We decided to take cover in some rocks near Civ coast when I saw a guy looting a building with some animals chasing him. I was using a flare, so I could see him, but he couldn't see us and Troy who had his gun out couldn't see him. Then the guy started running right at us. That's when his name came into view and Troy aimed for that. Looted his resources and city loot. Continued on up toward civ hanger. Then made our way back toward Big Civ while heading home and finished up, of course, back at our base. I honestly don't remember how many people we killed on that run. Got to the point where we were dumping lower quality loot to make room for the good stuff. Back at the base, we had a ton of resources, 3 new MP5, 2 new pistols, a shotgun or two, new clothes, med kits, etc. We killed a lot of people and had a lot of stuff to show for it.

We sorted the loot and got ready for another run. This run was far less productive. We didn't see many people, but we were collecting resources as we went along and ended up with a couple kills and a good amount of harvested resources.

Dumped the loot and out again. 36 people were on the server, but we couldn't find anyone. We saw a few people, but they were too far away to pursue. We were over by Civ Hanger again (I think, I was getting lost at this point) and there was an air drop that looked like it was near Big Civ or so. I had lost Troy at this point and we were trying to regroup. We do and start heading toward Big Civ. We spot a guy running along the road and we start shooting. I turns up onto a mountain looking for cover and we follow. LOTS of gun fire, but we get him. Troy is looting and I turn to cover our six. TWO GUYS RIGHT BEHIND US!! I call out a warning and Troy turns to engage. BOOM! Troy gets a shotgun to the face and goes down. I unload with my MP5 while getting shotguned. But I go down as well. I think we got caught in the air drop traffic and were not as careful as we should have been. Being that we had not seen anyone in a while, we were getting careless.

So, we load up again with new weapons, etc and head out. We go right to Big Civ and don't see anyone. We decide to call it a night and head back to base with the little bit of loot we just collected.

Most kills ever, for me. That second run was epic. Death everywhere! The time we died, we had collected a decent amount of resources, since we didn't see people to shoot. We are definitely up on this server so far. And it is FAR more fun/rewarding killing other people for their resources than hunting for your own!

Yes. We are asshole PKs. BUT!! Most of the people we killed shot first. But, it wouldn't have mattered. We were going to kill them either way. :-)
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

I'm going to find some C4 and blow up all your shit.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote:I'm going to find some C4 and blow up all your shit.
I endorse this message.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Cakedaddy

Post by Cakedaddy »

My new favorite thing:

Find an area with resources. Find a good sniping point. Wait. Get called a twat.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

I can save you some time, twat.
Troy

Post by Troy »

Didn't play a ton after Friday, but planning on making up for it after I take care of my expenses and admin and take a half day at work today.

Edited By Troy on 1393256049
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Am I the only one of us that plays on the DTM server?

I see other people on, but never any of you.