Disney bought Star Wars & Indiana Jones. - Episode 7 in 2015

As long as we recognize Lucas is washed up and most TV sucks, we'll all get along fine.
WSGrundy

Post by WSGrundy »

I don't want the Zahn books because I already know what happens.

They need to jump far into the future IMO. Leave almost all current character behind. R2 and C3PO can still be around.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

As I said, switch up the Thrawn stuff. They don't have to make the books, but I'd like to see Thrawn on screen.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

GORDON wrote:John Carter wasn't as bad as the buzz suggested.

There are at least 84 million reasons to disagree with you. In the words of my buddy, "Disney's trying to market an action/sci-fi movie. But it's Disney, so I already know there won't be enough swearing or titties or violence, so fuck that."

EDIT: Not that I'm suggesting Disney should turn Star Wars into Die Hard in space, but they will find a way to fuck it up and make it feel distinctly un-Star Wars.

Edited By Malcolm on 1351720279
Diogenes of Sinope: "It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours."
Arnold Judas Rimmer, BSC, SSC: "Better dead than smeg."
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Leisher wrote:As I said, switch up the Thrawn stuff. They don't have to make the books, but I'd like to see Thrawn on screen.
A duller shade of blue than Dr. Manhattan plus clothes?
Diogenes of Sinope: "It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours."
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Malcolm wrote:
GORDON wrote:John Carter wasn't as bad as the buzz suggested.
There are at least 84 million reasons to disagree with you. In the words of my buddy, "Disney's trying to market an action/sci-fi movie. But it's Disney, so I already know there won't be enough swearing or titties or violence, so fuck that."

EDIT: Not that I'm suggesting Disney should turn Star Wars into Die Hard in space, but they will find a way to fuck it up and make it feel distinctly un-Star Wars.
I'm stunned that there is something you don't like.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
WSGrundy

Post by WSGrundy »

Malcolm wrote:EDIT: Not that I'm suggesting Disney should turn Star Wars into Die Hard in space, but they will find a way to fuck it up and make it feel distinctly un-Star Wars.
Thats what they need to do. Star Wars has never been sci-fi. Its action/fantasy or Lord Of The Rings in space.

Make some cool ships/aliens/and bad guys and start swinging the lightsabers and blowing up planets!
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

I want to see some Jedi in between Ned Flanders and obviously evil douchebag. And fucking retcon mitochlorians or whatever the fuck those things were.
Troy

Post by Troy »

Thrawn needs to happen. The source material is that good.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Lucas already wrote a script for SW7, and it aint Thrawn.

http://entertainment.nbcnews.com/_news....ks?lite

Fuck you, Lucas.
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

"It's an original story," a LucasFilm source tells me.

Ouch.

According to my sources, Episode 7 will literally be nothing you've ever seen or read before from the Star Wars universe.

I feel a great disturbance in the force...
WSGrundy

Post by WSGrundy »

Malcolm wrote:
According to my sources, Episode 7 will literally be nothing you've ever seen or read before from the Star Wars universe.
I feel a great disturbance in the force...
If that means no Skywalkers or Solos then I am cool with it. If it means no Jedi/Sith then not so much.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

If it means hot naked lesbians, I'm cool with that too.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Star Wars, Episode 7 ... Starring Justin Bieber and Selena Gomez. Mark my fucking words. It's Disney. They will find a way to rape it.
Paul

Post by Paul »

Edited By Paul on 1352050942
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Harrison Ford ok with playing Han again.

Kind of shocking considering how much he has pretended like Star Wars never happened.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Too bad this isnt 15 years ago.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Screenwriter hired for new trilogy.

Not only that, but...

-The treatments are already in.
-He's been working on them for months.
-Luke, Han, and Leia are apparently in them.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Featuring... their grand kids?
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Well, it is Disney, so I expect there's going to be kids or something they can sell at their parks.

However, they have the experience of watching public outcry over the prequels, so I think they'll know not to go too far.

Plus, they just got done making The Avengers, and they see the huge success of Nolan's Batman...

I don't disagree with anyone who says they'll try to make it really family friendly, but I don't think it'll get to the absurd levels of 7 year old Darth Vader and Jar Jar Binks.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »