Ohio Winter Lovefest 2012 - Formerly: Record highs in Toledo

For stuff that is general.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

After our enjoyable NC winter during which we had about 2 snowfalls and average temps of 30, we are enjoying an early Summer, as well. We have flowers popping up already, the robins are eating bugs in my yard, and the tree in front of my house is in full blossom a month ahead of time.

If this is global warming, I am loving it.

However.... there aren't any bees yet, and they are usually all over that blossoming tree in front of my house. That tree will have flowers for about 4 days, depending on wind. I wonder what will happen because of that.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

I saw on the news the other night that we're actually above the normal snowfall amount for March. How the hell did that happen?

This winter also doesn't even rank in the top ten for least amount of snowfall in Toledo.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Cakedaddy

Post by Cakedaddy »

Fuuuuuuck you. I can't put into words how pissed off about this past winter I am. So, again, fuck you.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

We had more days over 70 this winter than I can remember... AWESOME.

(not looking forward to July/August)
It's not me, it's someone else.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

If I knew we wouldn't get a surprise freeze in April, I would put my garden in.

Fuck winter. Fuck it right in the ass.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

I was irritated by the winter too. I like winter and it never really showed up this year.

Also, I pray we get one last big freeze because it will go a long way towards curbing the insects who are going to be out of control this summer.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

One last big freeze might kill all the Spring plants that are already up.

Why do you hate nature?
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Because it's trying to kill me.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

GORDON wrote:However.... there aren't any bees yet, and they are usually all over that blossoming tree in front of my house. That tree will have flowers for about 4 days, depending on wind. I wonder what will happen because of that.

Starting to see some bees today.

All is well.

Also my kid climbed a tree.