The Simpsons: Hit & Run - AKA Crazy Taxi

Mostly PC, but console and mobile too
Paul

Post by Paul »

I bought it because I wanted something the wife would play, and something that didn't involve killing people (so my kid could watch).

This game was just as fun when I played it a few months ago. Only then it was on my old Dreamcast, and it was called "Crazy Taxi 2." Like Crazy Taxi 2, The Simpsons has a timed game where you pick up and deliver passengers. They also have a non-times game, where you can drive around and do whatever you want for as long as you want. They also have a challenge section, where you go to new locations to do odd challenges.

I preferred the music on Crazy Taxi (Offspring and Bad Religion), but there are a lot more characters (17 instead of 3 or 4) in The Simpsons, and each character has a unique car.

I passed all 10 challenges farily quickly and earned that big green monstrocity that his brother's car company designed for Homer.

The game is a slow burn. That is, it's not really exciting, but it should be playable for years. It's sort of like watching Predator for the fortynineth time. You've seen it a million times already, but you've got nothing else to do so you tun into TBS and watch it while flipping through a magazine and picking lint out from between your toes.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

I reviewed this way, way back, but it might have been lost in the server crash before the last one.

I agree with you. Its fun, its entertaining with all the Simpsons locations and characters, and its the best Simpsons game I've played.

However, its no Crazy Taxi.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Paul

Post by Paul »

It ends up I goofed up the name of the game.
I have "Simpsons: Road Rage."

I swear it's just like Crazy Taxi.
My soon-to-be-brother-in-law says it's like Grand Theft Auto.

Anyway, I found an infinate loop, and can pretty much play forever on the Dam level. It gets boring though.

I've been playing *forever* and have around $500,000. Unfortunately you need $1,000,000 to beat the game.

I'm starting to dislike the game. At first you can unlock characters or levels after a few 5 minute games. Now it takes $100,000 to unlock a new character (since I unlocked all the levels a long time ago). Seeing as how I get bored at around $20,0000 this is going to be a looooong game.

I score $55k at my friend's house and he said that I was playing for over an hour. I think it was really around 40 minutes, but still, that's a lot of time I have to waste to see the ending.